U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 10:45 AM

49 posts, read 79,027 times

Advertisements

LakeNormanMommies.com--Lake Norman's Mom-to-Mom Connection
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 12:17 PM

24 posts, read 86,163 times
Smile Mooresville

I have lived in Mooresville for 7 months now...yes traffic sucks...but it is a wonderful place to live and raise kids. Mooresville graded school district is top notch....we love it....I would never move back to where I moved from.

Good luck in your quest..

Old 02-13-2008, 07:56 AM

1,865 posts, read 4,783,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by relocate2boys View Post
Could you tell me what the websites for moms are?
Thank you
Try Mamasource.com too.

BxRosie

Old 09-06-2012, 02:27 PM

2 posts, read 3,217 times
I just read online that the violent crime rate has gone up up up in the Mooresville area, one site says the risk of rape or murder is higher than the national average. On another site a guy was talking about how many addicts were committing robberies and burglaries to get money for drugs, and there were Hoo k ers on the streets! Was he lying, or is this the new norm? Now this was about the historic district of Mooresville, but you can often get a good idea about a town by how they care for their historic areas:you sure won't get the truth from a real estate agent. I hope someone will update this site with personal opinions for those of us who used to live in the area when this was a quiet town. My daughter (with 3 boys 10, 6, and 4) and her husband are considering a move, so she asked me...gee I haven't lived in Mooresville ever, and lived south of there 25 years ago! Help!

Old 09-06-2012, 03:27 PM

1,356 posts, read 2,288,786 times
Which Mooresville are you talking about? The one I'm referring to is still completely safe IMO.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:50 PM

1,865 posts, read 4,783,488 times
HUH??? I'm with fltonc12...Which Mooresville are you talking about because the Mooresville, NC I live in is far from the horror you report.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:01 PM

85 posts, read 160,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fltonc12 View Post
Which Mooresville are you talking about? The one I'm referring to is still completely safe IMO.
Still completely safe? Since when?

Old 09-07-2012, 04:42 AM

249 posts, read 369,627 times
i avoid mooresville like the plague on the weekends because of the traffic. brawley school road and 150 give me nightmares

Old 09-07-2012, 12:53 PM

2,143 posts, read 2,610,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrown28031 View Post
i avoid mooresville like the plague on the weekends because of the traffic. brawley school road and 150 give me nightmares
You obviously don't live here or you'd know that Brawley is perfectly fine now and you'd also know the back ways around 150 to avoid the traffic. I use to have nightmares about Mooresville traffic too until I moved here and learned all these nifty ways around that never land me on 150 (or Brawley at the time).

As far as being a safe place to live, whoever posted that someone told them there were hookers shooting up school kids with meth in the church parking lot was sorely mistaken. Mooresville is a perfectly safe place to live. Can violent crime happen here? Of course! Is it common to the point of being worried about it or worried about which part of town you're currently in, absolutely not unless you truly have some social phobia.

To put it in perspective, I've gotten up many times in the morning to go to work only to notice I left a back door or front door unlocked and I've only had like 2 meth head hookers & their pimps in my house because I left the doors unlocked! That's pretty good odds!

Old 09-07-2012, 09:22 PM

2,031 posts, read 4,686,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Howl View Post
You obviously don't live here or you'd know that Brawley is perfectly fine now and you'd also know the back ways around 150 to avoid the traffic. I use to have nightmares about Mooresville traffic too until I moved here and learned all these nifty ways around that never land me on 150 (or Brawley at the time).

As far as being a safe place to live, whoever posted that someone told them there were hookers shooting up school kids with meth in the church parking lot was sorely mistaken. Mooresville is a perfectly safe place to live. Can violent crime happen here? Of course! Is it common to the point of being worried about it or worried about which part of town you're currently in, absolutely not unless you truly have some social phobia.

To put it in perspective, I've gotten up many times in the morning to go to work only to notice I left a back door or front door unlocked and I've only had like 2 meth head hookers & their pimps in my house because I left the doors unlocked! That's pretty good odds!
Great post. I never feel unsafe in Mooresville. I wouldn't walk around some of the neighborhoods in downtown alone but I have no reason to and that's just common sense.
We live on a street with no lighting and larger lots and I feel safe here at night on my own.
At least M'ville has a decent downtown area which is getting better all the time. Just please don't let it turn into yuppydom or another NODA.
Once the new I77 Brawley exit opens traffic will improve even more.
I do wish they would try and maintain the grass on the medians etc a little better-don't think Trump will be pleased about how it looks sometimes if he's trying to attract PGA to "The Point"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or