U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 06:00 AM

7,928 posts, read 17,749,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porchguy11 View Post
Yes all the above is true, but back to her original question, Weddington or Marvin? I'd vote Marvin on two accounts- its' proximity to Ballantyne, and its proximity to a four lane road- REA Rd is a lifesaver to Marvin residents.

Also the schools are probably more settled their as well. In her price range, Hunter Oaks is arguably the best. And LM is also right, I would not just dismiss southern Meck cty because of what you "hear" here. There are tons of nice neighborhoods and great schools in zipcodes 28277 and 28270.

And as our market slows down, the closer in homes with better roads will hold value better. Back to Location, location.....chekc appreciation by zip code in the Charlotte area here.
What a great response..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2007, 01:39 PM

19 posts, read 60,419 times
Parkland Rules!

Old 10-12-2007, 03:46 PM

807 posts, read 2,041,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidefreeHD View Post
Parkland Rules!
Hey Ridefree,
The wives spoke today. Looks like we'll be moving down there around the same time. Our closing is scheduled for next week. Parkland does rule. But maybe not so much now since most of us are moving. We got to get Doug, Michele, Kristin and Bill to do the move thing!

Old 10-12-2007, 06:29 PM

822 posts, read 2,539,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlat View Post
It is estimated that Millbridge alone will require 3 new schools. Waxhaw government should have been jailed for approving this development, on the heels of Cureton. The upside is that as long as the county can't process sewer waste, then no new housing will get built. (per the State of NC)
I second your comments. I understand sewer permits are being processed again. so things will continue on the previous and uncontrolled path.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:56 PM

19 posts, read 60,419 times
Hey YRGM,

It looks like we are going with The Chimneys in Marvin. The deals on the new homes have been better then the resales and there are many incentives from the builders to use their mortgage company. I will be starting my new job on November 6th. I will probably stay at an Extended Stay Hotel for a few weeks until we can close. The wife and kids will stay in NJ until then. The bachelor life for a few weeks. We certainly need to work on the old neighbors and get them down here. 3 weeks to go!

Old 10-13-2007, 09:54 PM

40 posts, read 136,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidefreeHD View Post
Hey YRGM,

It looks like we are going with The Chimneys in Marvin. The deals on the new homes have been better then the resales and there are many incentives from the builders to use their mortgage company. I will be starting my new job on November 6th. I will probably stay at an Extended Stay Hotel for a few weeks until we can close. The wife and kids will stay in NJ until then. The bachelor life for a few weeks. We certainly need to work on the old neighbors and get them down here. 3 weeks to go!
I think you will be very happy at The Chimmey's. I live very close to there. Sandy Ridge Elementary is an unbelievable school. I have one child attending SR. I do a lot of volunteer work there and they are all about the kids. Living at The Chimmey's, perhaps your children will be able to walk to school.....I do the morning & afternoon carpool there and I see children walking to and from school everyday. (only the children that live in The Chimmey's walk)
We moved to Marvin 3 years ago from Ballantyne Country Club and we LOVE Marvin!!!! I hope you and your family will be very happy here!!!! Best of luck to you!!!

Old 10-14-2007, 09:39 AM

125 posts, read 341,766 times
I have four children in the Weddington School District and I can tell you that the Opening of Marvin Ridge has greatly releived our Schools> I can leave my house and Drop Off at both the Middle and High and be back w/in 15-20 minutes. I also live in your favorite Champion Forest subdivision and 4 New Schools are being built right across the street-scheduled to open 2009-2010 but sometimes (most times) they are 6-months to a year behind. I worked for the UC School system for 7 years at both Weddington and Marvin. Moderator cut: realtor soliciting

Last edited by AustinTraveler; 10-14-2007 at 07:30 PM..

Old 10-14-2007, 09:51 AM

Just read some of the reponses and YES Union County is growing-by not only relocators but South Charlotte buyers as well-because of our schools. Cuthbertson Road WILL be widened and hook up to Kensington Road beside Cureton Shopping Center. Champion Forest is still a great community and although districts are need yet determined it would seem New Town and maybe part of Kensington will be slated-but then it will have its own Elementary.
Nancy

Old 10-14-2007, 11:50 AM

807 posts, read 2,041,350 times
Default Champion Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancymom4 View Post
Just read some of the reponses and YES Union County is growing-by not only relocators but South Charlotte buyers as well-because of our schools. Cuthbertson Road WILL be widened and hook up to Kensington Road beside Cureton Shopping Center. Champion Forest is still a great community and although districts are need yet determined it would seem New Town and maybe part of Kensington will be slated-but then it will have its own Elementary.
Nancy
nancymom4,
Looks like we'll be neighbors. We are scheduled to close in Champion Forest this week. We have 2 boys ourselves. A second grader and a 2 year old. Do you have any children in New Town Elementary? Do alot of children go to New Town from Champion Forest? What is your opinion about the new school? We have heard good things about it. When we called the nicest, most pleansant woman was very helpful. Thanks

Old 10-14-2007, 12:20 PM

I'm SO HAPPY you'll be in Champion Forest. We had a lot of reductions due to the close out homes from Niblock and the building of the new schools. It looks a lot different but it will be good in the long run. As far as Newtown Elem. I have heard nothing but good things except for the traffic problem but I think they are trying to relieve that now. I worked with the now Asst. Principal there and I think you will really enjoy it. I think the students here were given the choice of staying at Kensington or moving. Newtown is so much closer though. I think they pulled some of the staff from other area Elem. like Wesley Chapel. My youngest is in 8th grade but he was in 1st when we moved here. My daughter, 15 on Christmas day, is really looking to Babysit so keep her in mind. My other two are in College (FR> and Sr>) Gosh I hope I don't look as old as that makes me sound! And I'm just getting on the Welcome Committee so I'm sure I'll be talking to you soon. Have a safe move and we'll see you soon. I am so glad you chose our neighborhood. I just moved here Dec. 2006 from the other side of Wesley Chapel after looking for 6 years.
Nancy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or