U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-08-2012, 10:55 AM

3 posts, read 3,701 times

Advertisements

First let me say this board is amazingly helpful! I've learned so much just from lurking in the last week or so. Most of my questions have already been answered, but I have a few specific questions about relocating and where to live.

My husband is interviewing for a job in Huntersville and while he's down there has the task of scooping out a place for us to rent. We're looking for neighborhood that is safe, dog friendly and located near shopping. Schools aren't an issue as our daughter is only three months old. From what I've seen apartments are cheaper, however with the baby, and taking our (small) dogs to go to the bathroom when home alone would be an issue. We'd like to live either in Huntersville (but looks pricey), or under 20min. I'd also like the rent to be under $1,000 a month.

Any direction you can give would be helpful. Otherwise he's just going to end up driving around and telling me it all looks "nice" haha.

Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 10:57 AM

3,756 posts, read 5,941,255 times
You might want to try Birkdale Village. It is trendy and very dog friendly. Welcome to NC and specifically to Huntersville. Shopping is close and it is a fun place.

Old 03-08-2012, 02:18 PM

105 posts, read 99,464 times
Caldwell Station is where we live and love. We're close to everything- Exit 25. Several parks in our community and surrounding area. I am not sure where you'll be moving from, but we moved from FL and really are happy here. There are several rental properties in or community- some are town houses and some are houses. It's worth having your husband drive through to take a look. We have a great social committee who plans wonderful family friendly and adult events through the year. We're getting ready to have a big Easter egg hunt with a Easter bunny and all. I don't know about too many other communities, as we've only been here 7 months. But we also looked in Heritage Green and Oak Hurst communities also exit 25. Exit 23 is also Huntersville. Best of luck to you in your search.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:18 PM

169 posts, read 178,462 times
$1000 per month in the area around Northcross (exit 25) is going to be tough to pull off for a single family home... if you can up your budget to 1200-1500, you'll be able to swing it, but rentals around here go very quickly these days and rents are now sky high. Otherwise, if your heart is set on the area you may need to look at townhouses which you could get for maybe $900-1100. I noticed that there are apartments being built in Antiquity, which is nice neighborhood in Cornelius just beyond the Cornelius/Huntersville line. Right now i cannot remember how far along they are with the construction, but an apartment will give you maximum flexibility and certainly a ton of new ones are going up all over the place around here. As another poster pointed out, there are some nice townhouses and apartments in Birkdale Village, though that area is very active. Nighttime in an apartment there might be a little noisy for an infant. A single family there is going to run at least $1200 if not more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte