U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 08:38 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,627,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilltopper_2 View Post
It's what you grew up with that usually dictates which is best. My In-Laws are from the mid-west and love Sausage and Biscuits but growing up in Brooklyn it tastes like sausage and wallpaper paste to me. At the San Gennaro Festival we ate Sausages and Peppers with delight even though we weren't Italian! Does Charlotte have ethnic food festivals?
I grew up on NY style pizza, however to be fair, I've had real Chicago style deep dish pizza and it was to die for......

Both are VERY GOOD. I think one needs to sample both styles to make an honest judgement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 01:20 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,142,238 times
Hooray...the 1000th pizza thread on Charlotte City Data.

NYC or Chicago or Dejourno's, its all crap....way better things out there to eat that slimy greasy pizza.

Old 03-09-2012, 04:05 PM
LLN

4,975 posts, read 8,700,696 times
Well,it is not Charlotte but a couple of Yankees have opened up Savage's Wood Fired Pizza down here in New Bern, and you guys better hope they go national. Excellent, thin crust, the real deal...I went to school up north so I have had "the real thing." Its all good..you don't get diabetes eating sprouts!!!

Old 03-09-2012, 05:24 PM

1,013 posts, read 2,645,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlat View Post
hooray...the 1000th pizza thread on charlotte city data.

Nyc or chicago or dejourno's, its all crap....way better things out there to eat that slimy greasy pizza.

blasphamy!!!

Old 03-09-2012, 05:26 PM

1,013 posts, read 2,645,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
I'm from Illinois...never heard of this kind of pizza.

IMHO...the best pizza EVER is Lou Malnati's...only available in IL (sorry Bobo)

Lou Malnati's Pizzeria - Chicago-Style Deep Dish Pizza

HOWEVER...our C/D friend is venturing out into a new business after being displaced by a major corporation. We need to support him if possible.

I prefer NY style, but I'm ordering from Lou's shortly!!

Old 03-09-2012, 06:13 PM

9,564 posts, read 8,835,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlat View Post
Hooray...the 1000th pizza thread on Charlotte City Data.

NYC or Chicago or Dejourno's, its all crap....way better things out there to eat that slimy greasy pizza.
????????????????????????????????????? help this man

Old 03-09-2012, 09:27 PM

368 posts, read 810,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles34 View Post
BBSLM, check out Mezzanote in Cotswold on Sharon-Amity (across from St. Gabe's). They have a huge wood buring oven and their pizzas look a lot like that.
Looks like a chain, but they have good reviews and claim to make Neapolitan pizzas. I'll try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Brixx does as well, assuming brick oven is the style BBLSM is talking about.
Yup, brick oven Neapolitan pizza.

Like this:

Old 03-10-2012, 07:40 AM

747 posts, read 1,543,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
I'm from Illinois...never heard of this kind of pizza.

IMHO...the best pizza EVER is Lou Malnati's...only available in IL (sorry Bobo)

Gino's East is pretty freakin' amazing.

I drove all the way to Hickory last night to get my Papa Murphy's fix (and to talk to the owner). The pizza is as good as I remembered. I don't know how they formulate the dough to come out so good in a non-commercial oven.

Anyway, I know I won't be able to discuss it here once the papers are signed, and we're still not sure we're doing it. It's allot of money and the break-even analysis isn't looking great with the data we have so far. Owners are saying that for some reason Carolinians aren't "getting it," although it's really popular in the west and midwest.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:12 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,627,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobosCurse View Post
Gino's East is pretty freakin' amazing.

I drove all the way to Hickory last night to get my Papa Murphy's fix (and to talk to the owner). The pizza is as good as I remembered. I don't know how they formulate the dough to come out so good in a non-commercial oven.

Anyway, I know I won't be able to discuss it here once the papers are signed, and we're still not sure we're doing it. It's allot of money and the break-even analysis isn't looking great with the data we have so far. Owners are saying that for some reason Carolinians aren't "getting it," although it's really popular in the west and midwest.
Good luck and hope you make it if you decide to do it.

More choice is very good.

Old 03-10-2012, 08:47 AM

1,077 posts, read 2,197,960 times
pizza = yum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte