U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 08:13 PM

747 posts, read 1,550,597 times

Advertisements

Yeah, the name. There were two take and bake chains. Papa something and something Murphys. They merged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 06:28 AM

1,865 posts, read 4,794,993 times
Bobo, have you thought about a location closer to home? Mooresville or as far south as Hunterville, locations in between?

GOOD LUCK with your venture!

Old 03-21-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
Bobo, have you thought about a location closer to home? Mooresville or as far south as Hunterville, locations in between?

GOOD LUCK with your venture!
Mooresville is already taken and Harris Teeter has killed the best locations in Huntersville (Northcross and Rosedale).

Old 03-21-2012, 12:57 PM

3,914 posts, read 3,960,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobosCurse View Post
Mooresville is already taken and Harris Teeter has killed the best locations in Huntersville (Northcross and Rosedale).
There are 3 different shopping centers at Rosedale so I would imagine that HT would not have much to say about the other two. The one in front of Bilo is not affliated with the shopping center where HT is located. Then there is the one across the street that was developed by the same guy that did the Epicenter. They are hurting for tenants. There used to be a take and cook dinner place there that has since closed. Maybe that facility is still there. Just Fresh which became Friendys is now empty as well.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:48 PM

We looked at the place across the street from Rosedale. It's pretty depressing. Very empty and no anchor to draw traffic.

The Bi-Lo location looks good but isn't "approved" and would require a delay to have it evaluated. Still not off the table, though.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:55 PM

14,693 posts, read 23,146,267 times
Clark Powell's from Ebensburg, PA is opening up a shop here?

Old 03-21-2012, 05:21 PM

416 posts, read 811,092 times
Glad to hear you are opening up some Papa Murphy's franchises here. My wife and I became a big fan of the short-lived Blakeney location. Love the DeLite Canadien Bacon & Pineapple pizza. We like it so much I had a coworker who lives in Rock Hill pick one up on the way home from work, refrigerate it, and bring it to me the next morning so we could have it for Valentines Dinner (my wife was pregnant and requested it).

I was surprised the Blakeney location did not work out. The concept is great. You don't have to buy the oven equipment, pay the electric bills for it, or the increased insurance rates for having them. Whip up some fresh ingredients and have some high school students form an assembly line and you come out with a pretty good pizza.

We would hit the Blakeney location up once a week, usually on Friday. They had some bad luck there. One Friday night a machine broke and they couldn't make dough. They where shut down before 7pm. Another night a car accident caused the power to go out. They were out of luck that night too as the ingredients went bad and they could only accept cash to sell what they had on hand (they were nice enough to give mine to me for free since I had already ordered and had no cash). Getting zero business on a Friday night has to be a killer. I also figured the rent for that location was probably sky high.

I hope you are planning a South Charlotte spot. We've got a ton of pizza options, but we've also got a lot of families here, and I figured that is the target market. It was a breeze for us to stop in to the Blakeney location when we were shopping in the area. Takes them 2-3 minutes to throw a pizza together in the afternoon. We'd take it home and cook it while we put our son to bed. Beat going home, calling in an order, and going to pick it up (or tipping the delivery guy). I also liked it better than most of the inexpensive Pizza options (Pizza Hut, Dominos, Papa Johns, etc). Its not in the same league as Tony's, Lorenzo's, Labretto's, Brixx, or Mellow Mushroom, but its cheaper and very good.

Best of luck to you.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post

I hope you are planning a South Charlotte spot.

Best of luck to you.
If the first one works out, we hope to open several.
Glad you like the product!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte