U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 08:34 AM

107 posts, read 170,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Julie please do continue to keep us posted on your job search!

So sorry the meetup has not worked out - Ani and I have each had some pressing issues Maybe in September?
Loves and Ani,

Sorry to hear about your pressing issues. Hope it is resolving itself. As you can see i do not get on here much. But to my delight, having not landed a job has been a blessing. My daughter is an intern for Mercy International and has been in Honduras for the past several months. Much to my surprise, they invited me to come there and spend time doing a missions trip and seeing my daughter in action. I just got back here on July the 3rd. Still recuperating from jet lag, but wow what an experience. I am not sure where I will end up as far as a job, but thankfully, we are not starving or out of a roof over our heads. I have seen many impoverished countries over the years, but to live and serve within them, lends a gigantic paradigm shift.

I still feel somewhat isolated here, and yet I am trying to make the best of it, by having a thankful heart and enjoying "the moment". Thanks for your caring words and reaching out to this total stranger from OHIO!

Julie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlarue1 View Post
Hi!
I am not a nurse, but just wanted to say hang in there! 2 months after we moved to Concord, my husband was told his job was not safe because they were running out of money (he's a school teacher)..We spent the next 3 months trying to spend as little as possible and stressed out..so we didn't get to meet alot of people. Then he was told his job was OK, but then he started studying to take his math certification tests to add to his license. So, we have been here a year and have some meetup groups we go to, but no real friends here (that's really our fault with everything that has happened), so we know how you feel.

Also I am a physical therapist, and I was offered every position I interviewed for, EXCEPT for CMC (they even mentioned at the interview that they are particular, and I didn't have acute care experience). I work in home care and love it, but it's hard to meet people who aren't in their 80s and 90s that way. I am hoping when we buy a house and settle into a neighborhood, it will be better...because there are lots of nice people, just no one i've clicked with yet for a deeper friendship.
You dont live that far from us! Feel free to DM me or send an email to jgast2000@yahoo.com. My husbands job situation sounds very similar to yours. AND he works with PT's.! We are open to meeting up for dinner or whatever. Would love to meet you guys. Have a great day!

Old 07-06-2012, 08:45 AM

Default Meetups

have some meetup groups we go to, but no real friends here (that's really our fault with everything that has happened), so we know how you feel.

We have gone to some meetup groups also. How has that worked out for you? Very nice people, but as you said, no real connections….yet.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:47 AM

11,711 posts, read 9,319,338 times
Real connections tend to happen from real experiences and real outings. Go to places and events that you like and bump into a few people to get the conversation going...

Good Luck...

Old 07-06-2012, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Real connections tend to happen from real experiences and real outings. Go to places and events that you like and bump into a few people to get the conversation going...

Good Luck...
Felt,
Dont I know it! I have been doing just that since we moved here. I am all about that. Just ask my husband whom I drag along. But you know what? It becomes tiring after awhile, trying so hard to make things happen. Chillaxin for awhile. If it happens, it happens. Or as they say non stop, "it is what it is". Thanks for the encouragement! Hope you have a great weekend.
J.

Old 07-06-2012, 05:08 PM

512 posts, read 909,846 times
Did you try springs memorial in Lancaster ? 35 mins from Ballantyne. Also there is a internal med practice opposite to that hospital. Go and talk to them.

Old 07-13-2012, 12:08 PM

21,811 posts, read 27,061,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingjulie View Post
Where in Ohio are you from? You got a job already? geez! I do not work in Peds, thats for sure. Adult ICU and critical care transport. Thanks for the posts everyone! Keep em coming, I appreciate the encouragement.
I don't know if this would work for you, but it's something. . .MedSurg RN job in Kings Mountain, NC, Kins Mountain, NC - Nursing - RN-MS Travel Job

Old 09-08-2012, 11:54 AM

Default Update to discouragement

I FINALLY GOT A JOB! HAPPY DANCE, HAPPY DANCE! IT IS NOT MY DREAM JOB BY ANY MEANS, BUT INSTEAD A MEANS TO AN END. Thanks to all of you for your help and encouragement over the last 9 months. I will be working night shift (ugh) and will more than likely be a zombie from here on out. However, if, when I do wake up, I will let you know how it is going. Again, thanks folks!

Old 09-08-2012, 12:48 PM

2,820 posts, read 4,905,019 times
Congratulations...Best of Luck to you!!!!

Old 09-08-2012, 03:16 PM

35,885 posts, read 66,928,139 times
Awwwwww-Julie--so happy to hear this. I know it isn't the dream job but it is a beginning! I wish you the best and hope bigger and better are in the future!!

GRATS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or