U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 12:59 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,302,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by relocate2boys View Post
I am going to travel to the Charlotte area next week for a survey trip. My family is considering relocating - mid school year. We have 2 elementary age children so schools are most important, then neighborhood. We need something under 450k. How would you compare these areas? Where do you reccomend I look? We are not allowed to contact a real estate agent until my husband decides to sign a contract.
I will try to offer some more detailed info if you can tell us what part of Charlotte your husbands job will be located in
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 09:45 PM

10 posts, read 29,309 times
Can I jump in with a question for any of you that have an opinion...We too will be moving with 3 children. I will work in Statesville but have been looking at Davidson, and Mooresville because of the schools. Could I head in a different direction from Statesville and avoid traffic and find just as good schools?

Old 09-13-2007, 07:21 AM

35 posts, read 104,808 times
Loves mountains- my husbands office will be near Northlake Mall off of 77. I'm not sure what exit this is. Thank You for the help.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:30 AM

1,865 posts, read 4,783,488 times
Quote:
Loves mountains- my husbands office will be near Northlake Mall off of 77. I'm not sure what exit this is. Thank You for the help.
The Northlake Mall is off exit 18 of I-77...Mooresville exits are 33 & 36 & Davidson is exit 30. Barring traffic, exit 36 is about a 15-20 min drive to exit 18. Once you know the area there are other back roads that can be taken as well.

BxRosie

Old 09-13-2007, 09:09 AM

45,270 posts, read 88,302,020 times
Quote:
In that case, I would suggest you look at Davidson and even Mooresville. Elementary schools in both areas are really good.

Here is a home in a neighborhood I like in Davidson myself:

Charlotte NC Homes For Sale, Houses for sale, houses, real estate, for sale - helenadamsrealty.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or