Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 06:29 AM

24 posts, read 82,746 times

Advertisements

We r a family of four originally from Mi. and we relocted to Tn. 3 yrs. ago and now we r thinking of coming to Iuntersville,my husband works as sub contractor for Lowes and also builders.I waitress so i know i can go anywhere and work.My concern is what area is kid friendly?we would like to rent first so we r not comitted for at least first yr. I am 44 my hubby is 38 and still at home is our 2 kids 14&8.Any positive imput would help so much I am thinking of driving down there next week to check out the town...kim xoxoox
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 12:01 PM

543 posts, read 1,825,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimnrandy2007 View Post
We r a family of four originally from Mi. and we relocted to Tn. 3 yrs. ago and now we r thinking of coming to Iuntersville,my husband works as sub contractor for Lowes and also builders.I waitress so i know i can go anywhere and work.My concern is what area is kid friendly?we would like to rent first so we r not comitted for at least first yr. I am 44 my hubby is 38 and still at home is our 2 kids 14&8.Any positive imput would help so much I am thinking of driving down there next week to check out the town...kim xoxoox
Tons of neighborhoods in huntersville. I live in Villages at Rosedale and you can't swing a stick without hitting a kid in this neighborhood. We border Torrence Creek elementary on one side and a shipping plaza on the other. Great location with easy access to everything.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:31 PM

Default moving to huntersville

Ty so much for replying to my post,kinda scary moving to the unknown,how r schools there??i am gonna check out the villages like u said ty kim xoxxo

Old 09-12-2007, 03:38 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,732,618 times
Huntersville is nice. All the LKN towns are nice (Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson, Mooresville). Mooresville has the better schools than the other towns. Huntersville, Cornelius and Davidson do have some of the best schools in Meck County, but since you have a 14 y/o, I would definitely consider Mooresville. But, any lake area towns are very nice places to live!

Old 09-12-2007, 03:56 PM

HI,I want to thank you so much for your reply,Ill check out that town..Kim xoxoox

Old 09-12-2007, 05:18 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
Huntersville great little city the reason I choose this location was due to it a progressive city that is growing. I dont consider it touristy but more of a bedroom community. Except for birkdale shopping area on weekends. A good time to go there is during the week alot less traffic and more peaceful.

What I like living close to the lake is I can access any time I got the urge for some fun in the sun. You are also very close to Mountain Island lake and that another lake very fun to hang out at.

There is an Aquatic Center and a little while back they had olympic diving tryouts held there.

Latta Plantation is really cool park also has the Carolina Raptor Center, horseback riding and they do special events through out the year.

I group up alot of threads relating to the area if you want to know more feel free to look at any of these threads posted below.

Newcomer Photo Guide to Lake Norman and surrounding area Im going to add on to this soon just been kind of busy.

I personally think it would be better to live on the left side of I 77 in Huntersville due to there is more traffic issues for someone living on the right side and that side has been seen a rash of crime lately.

Huntersville New Construction

Update on Light Rail in Charlotte

this thread is about huntersville apartments Huntersville

Huntersville - Gilead Village/Ridge

Mooresville or Huntersville?

Huntersville Farmers Market

Harvest Pointe in Huntersville

Lake Norman?

Hunterville vs. Concord

Huntersville Relocater?

Do you like Lake Norman?

relocating to the Lake Norman area

Looking at Huntersville

Monteith Park Here We Come

Once and for all, Huntersville to Charlotte

Beatties Ford area

What is new at exit 23 in Huntersville

Commute Between Huntersville and Charlotte

Is Lake Norman area rolling hills?

Huntersville?

Details on Birkdale Area?

Birkdale Village

Cedarfield

Huntersville-- Charlotte?! Moving soon!!

Looking for a good marina in Lake Norman

Vets in Lake Norman

Need some Lake Norman Adivice!

Lake Norman dinner cruise?~

Lake Norman nightlife

Any Lake Norman Boaters Out There??

Banana Cream pie today!

Restaurants/Bars on the Water

relocating to the Lake Norman area

Lake Norman Fishing spots?

fancy birthday cakes - Lake Norman area

Flood zone??

Looking for a good marina in Lake Norman

Good hair salon in Lake Norman or

Lake Norman Monster

Lake Norman Area

Lake Norman???

Lake Norman Towns

This should give a you a decent prospective

Old 09-13-2007, 04:22 PM

Default huntersville

any suggestions of a nice place to live to the left of I-77..how about the places on the water harborside or marineside??

Old 09-13-2007, 07:22 PM

117 posts, read 406,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimnrandy2007 View Post
any suggestions of a nice place to live to the left of I-77..how about the places on the water harborside or marineside??

How much can you spend? And what exactly are you looking for? That would help us to be able to guide you a little better.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:38 PM

245 posts, read 267,670 times
There looking for a rental in the Huntersville area.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:07 AM

Default Huntersville

well we r looking for a rental for the first yr. so if we dont like the area it will be easier for us to leave.we r looking at no more than 1200 per. mo and we need 3 bedrooms ,hopefully a garage.we have 3 cars ans we need at least 1500 ft more would be nice our home now is 1900 ft ty kim

Last edited by kimnrandy2007; 09-14-2007 at 08:02 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte