U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2012, 02:30 PM

9,585 posts, read 8,894,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slakkie View Post
That is hilarious. Yes it is warm - it is warm in the Northeast too. We have A/C for the day - go out after the sun is going down and it is lovely. Hot and intolerable? Let me introduce you to CALIFORNIA. Yes California.

Redding CA - try two weeks that it is in the 110s and 120s - it cools off at night to a balmy 90. THAT is miserable. Don't give me that it is a dry heat crap either.

For laughs we used to watch out of towners go into the phone booth (I am that old) and see them try and make a call and laugh when they realized THE PHONE WAS MELTING. Or when you walk accross the street and you see your footprint in the asphault THAT is hot.

electric bill in the summer which we only used between 5 pm and 5 am was SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS. I will never complain about our summers.

And you dont have to complain ...enjoy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 02:54 PM

3,115 posts, read 6,156,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
I just dont know how you can ignore the summer months and say its great outdoor weather. I am baffled by it over and over here. It is NOT great outdoor weather, in fact its terrible outdoor weather 3 months a year. Northern relocators need to hear this.... such bs.

ok, sure winter is great if you hate snow and spring is quite amazing (hate the northern spring),...I agree with that.
What you need to understand is that not everyone hates it or sequesters themselves indoors when it's hot. I love summer and am outside literally every day. We hike, swim, ride our bikes, take evening walks and just sit on the patio and enjoy. I love the weather here all year.

Old 01-31-2012, 06:12 PM

9,585 posts, read 8,894,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
What you need to understand is that not everyone hates it or sequesters themselves indoors when it's hot. I love summer and am outside literally every day. We hike, swim, ride our bikes, take evening walks and just sit on the patio and enjoy. I love the weather here all year.
I don't Even today...who wants 70 degrees in January?? .... Was up north for a few days. They had nice crisp 45 degree days and even that was a little warmer than normal but it felt like the proper season at least. Its gonna be a LONG summer down here i have a feeling and I am thrilled to not have to deal with it ever again.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:39 PM

11,808 posts, read 9,396,523 times
Quote:
I don't Even today...who wants 70 degrees in January?? .
me!

Old 01-31-2012, 08:45 PM

445 posts, read 681,378 times
Quote:
Its gonna be a LONG summer down here i have a feeling and I am thrilled to not have to deal with it ever again.

But somehow I am sure you will remind us of how terrible you think it is here many times between now and then.

Hurry up summer!

Old 01-31-2012, 09:37 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,681,312 times
Quote:
I don't Even today...who wants 70 degrees in January?? .... Was up north for a few days. They had nice crisp 45 degree days and even that was a little warmer than normal but it felt like the proper season at least. Its gonna be a LONG summer down here i have a feeling and I am thrilled to not have to deal with it ever again.
Who wants 70 in January? ME ME!!! I'm raising my hand!

I don't know JP...I saw pictures of people on the AC boardwalk to Chicago very happy and smiling....I'm sure it had something to do w/the warmer temps.....

Anytime people up there can avoid seasonal affective disorder (ie "winter depression") from lack of sunlight, they'll take it....

Also, you should know that warm temps now are no barometer on how the summer will be....

Just curious, Why is it always you are the only one complaining about the weather here?

Now, I gotta go back to getting my clubs ready for my tee time tomorrow!

Old 01-31-2012, 10:09 PM

2,109 posts, read 3,591,551 times
Quote:
jp are you a Husky or a St Bernard?

Old 02-01-2012, 06:56 AM

1,475 posts, read 3,375,397 times
The whole reason I will always live in the south....70 degrees in January!

Old 02-01-2012, 07:01 AM

469 posts, read 865,024 times
Quote:
I just dont know how you can ignore the summer months and say its great outdoor weather. I am baffled by it over and over here. It is NOT great outdoor weather, in fact its terrible outdoor weather 3 months a year. Northern relocators need to hear this.... such bs.

ok, sure winter is great if you hate snow and spring is quite amazing (hate the northern spring),...I agree with that.

And you're two hours away from mountain peaks that have only been above 80 degrees a handful of times in recorded history. Not many folks east of the Mississippi have that luxury.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:40 AM

194 posts, read 368,367 times
I just don't understand why certain people come on here and complain about the weather every day! 70 degrees in January ....amazing! I was up North last week for a funeral for 4 days...did not see sun once. It was in the 30's and either rained, snowed, or hailed the entire time. I was never so excited to cross the NC border on Saturday and see the bright yellow sun. It is truly depressing up there this time of year, and my husband and I made a pact, unless we have to go up there in the winter for an emergency, we will not return until spring!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or