U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 03:48 PM

48 posts, read 42,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
Well, you partially correct, as am I. (The number I quoted was referencing 3 star establishments) Michelin only assigns stars to restaurants in NYC, Chicago and San Francisco, so of course there are no Michelin starred restaurants in Charlotte. That it my point...your comment regarding the lack of Michelin stars is absurd, and an unfair slap at Charlotte.

No chip anywhere, just interested in truth, fairness and accuracy. If that upsets you, then so be it.
Not upset, just pointing out a fact, any comment you deem negative you pounce on. I stated multiple times in my posts that I enjoy it here and appreciate the food. You chose to focus on the negative parts, not the positives.

So as you are concerned with truth fairness and accuracy, please tell me where I was untruthful, unfair or inaccurate? You were inaccurate in your total count of restaurants, I beseech you to be more careful in the future.

Are there any Michelin starred restaurants in CLT, no. That is a fact. Should there be, debatable, maybe The Fig Tree deserves a star.

People giving feedback and having differing opinions do not make places worse, change and good ideas are a good thing. However, you can continue to focus on the negatives...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2015, 03:48 PM

436 posts, read 335,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Actually Charlotte and DC have been growing at similar rates from 2010 - present. Charlotte's rate of growth for this period is 7.37% and DC's is 7.05%. And NYC is just way too big to sustain a high growth rate like that; it would be pretty scary if it did.
My point is that Washington and NYC have been great sized areas for a long time. They are not witnessing a boom like Charlotte. We weren't supersized 20 years ago, they were.

Old 12-07-2015, 04:12 PM

4,639 posts, read 4,790,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doh View Post
Not upset, just pointing out a fact, any comment you deem negative you pounce on. I stated multiple times in my posts that I enjoy it here and appreciate the food. You chose to focus on the negative parts, not the positives.
Not even remotely true. I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't make gross, unsupported generations about me and posts.

Quote:
So as you are concerned with truth fairness and accuracy, please tell me where I was untruthful, unfair or inaccurate?

Are there any Michelin starred restaurants in CLT, no. That is a fact. Should there be, debatable, maybe The Fig Tree deserves a star.
I guess you missed it despite me posting it multiple times, but Michelin only "stars" restaurants in NYC, Chi and SF. Its not possible for a Charlotte restaurant to have a Michelin star. Your implication that Charlotte is somehow lacking by not having a Michelin starred restaurant, when its not possible for that to occur, is unfair and inaccurate.

Quote:
People giving feedback and having differing opinions do not make places worse, change and good ideas are a good thing. However, you can continue to focus on the negatives...
No idea why you continue to attack me daring to correct you, but I'd suggest you'll feel better if thicken your skin a bit. You seem to expect to receive a lot of positive reinforcement in response to your posts, but that may not be realistic. Have a great one!

Old 03-12-2016, 04:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,095 times
Personally Charlotte greatly annoys me. The infrastructure of the city, the narrow thinking of most of the people, feeling like you need to be "granted" acceptance from its residents, boring, excessive heat, ma'mn this and ma'mn that, boring...oh I said that already���� wasted real estate, i.e. (Eastland Mall area) poor government policies, not designed to benefit the general public and so on and so on. Let me put it this way....the only thing positive...nice homes. When my 2 years are up after accomplishing my reason for being here....I'll be out.

Last edited by Cynjay1; 03-12-2016 at 04:43 AM.. Reason: Typo

Old 03-12-2016, 05:42 AM

398 posts, read 367,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynjay1 View Post
Personally Charlotte greatly annoys me. The infrastructure of the city, the narrow thinking of most of the people, feeling like you need to be "granted" acceptance from its residents, boring, excessive heat, ma'mn this and ma'mn that, boring...oh I said that already���� wasted real estate, i.e. (Eastland Mall area) poor government policies, not designed to benefit the general public and so on and so on. Let me put it this way....the only thing positive...nice homes. When my 2 years are up after accomplishing my reason for being here....I'll be out.
I'm sure you'll be greatly missed.

Old 03-12-2016, 09:05 AM

29,777 posts, read 27,214,589 times
Quote:
Bless your heart.

Old 03-12-2016, 12:06 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,782,303 times
Quote:
Where are you thinking about moving to?

Old 03-12-2016, 01:53 PM

1,012 posts, read 1,182,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
Where are you thinking about moving to?

Birmingham Alabama maybe

Old 03-16-2016, 06:33 AM

159 posts, read 116,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNYgirl View Post
I loathe these posts, do I like it, will I like it, what do you like, what don't you like.

I'm not singling you out, but these posts are really just feeding the trolls. You have to come down research and make a decision for yourself.

Good Luck and welcome if you chose to come. I will take NC anyday over the 'Noreasters I left in NY.
Not sure if you understand the term "troll" as an internet troll. To post an opinion of a city is not being a troll weather it's good or bad.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:10 AM

159 posts, read 116,497 times
Default My List

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvstrawberries View Post
I no that no city is perfect, but i was wondering besides the probably obvious like traffic, what are the down side of charlotte, and what are the upsides? I don't have any kids, so schools don't really matter to me. I am more concerned with the community and its enviroment, friendly people, places to hang out, etc.

any feedback is welcomed.

Here's my lists:
THE BAD
All the old charm was torn down and a shopping strip or development replaced it
Crime
Trash on the streets
Development/cookie cutters are most of the housing
Generic, chain, big box stores are on every corner
No great tourist attraction
Not a walkable area
Mostly Suburban Sprawl of the same thing over and over
Drivers cut you off, (they have to because of the traffic)

To some all of this up, No Character

THE GOOD
Affordable
There is something to do, (even if you can do it in every other city in America also)
I have family here
If you like shopping plazas and malls, there here, everywhere
OK, that's all I can think of
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or