Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2012, 08:15 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,028,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Lol, thanks for letting us know how "bad" we have it here....can't fool me though, I know better . Your story is garbage!
How is one person's experience "garbage"?? Seriously.

Charlotte is NOT utopia; it is not the best place in the world. It is ok. If this poster is happier in NY, so be it! I know many people that moved here from the NE that have returned because they couldn't adapt to life here. Our own jp is moving back this summer, I think, because he can't stand the weather here.

Nobody should get themselves in a twist over the fact that some people simply do not like it here or merely tolerate living here. It is a personal thing, after all. The name calling and the dismissal of their opinions are uncalled for, in my opinion.

this is a place (and a thread, even) that calls for people's opinions and a sharing of experiences. Guess what? Just because it doesn't agree with YOUR opinions does not make it wrong. Sheesh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2012, 03:21 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,273,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
How is one person's experience "garbage"?? Seriously.

Charlotte is NOT utopia; it is not the best place in the world. It is ok. If this poster is happier in NY, so be it! I know many people that moved here from the NE that have returned because they couldn't adapt to life here. Our own jp is moving back this summer, I think, because he can't stand the weather here.

Nobody should get themselves in a twist over the fact that some people simply do not like it here or merely tolerate living here. It is a personal thing, after all. The name calling and the dismissal of their opinions are uncalled for, in my opinion.

this is a place (and a thread, even) that calls for people's opinions and a sharing of experiences. Guess what? Just because it doesn't agree with YOUR opinions does not make it wrong. Sheesh!
No one said Charlotte is utopia neither is New York or Chicago, but extreme exaggerations about how "bad" it is here and how "great" things are now...story is garbage and so is your post...there thats my opinion! There is NO best place in the world, it's really a state of mind.

People crack me up....tolerate living here??? This is America, plenty of food, entertainment, etc....people are so spoiled in this country it's sickening at times! Tolerate living here??? what a joke.

Listen, I don't mind someone explaining why they leave but "dogging" out one place and claiming "hallelujah" about somewhere else ain't reality...STORY IS GARBAGE! It cracks me up when someone moves here and claims Charlotte is the promised land and where they left was evil....that's GARBAGE AS WELL.

Last edited by Big Aristotle; 01-29-2012 at 03:32 AM..

Old 01-29-2012, 06:25 AM

830 posts, read 1,529,664 times
LOL about someone moving to Weddington then complaining they have to drive everywhere...

Old 01-29-2012, 01:37 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,697,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
No one said Charlotte is utopia neither is New York or Chicago, but extreme exaggerations about how "bad" it is here and how "great" things are now...story is garbage and so is your post...there thats my opinion! There is NO best place in the world, it's really a state of mind.

People crack me up....tolerate living here??? This is America, plenty of food, entertainment, etc....people are so spoiled in this country it's sickening at times! Tolerate living here??? what a joke.

Listen, I don't mind someone explaining why they leave but "dogging" out one place and claiming "hallelujah" about somewhere else ain't reality...STORY IS GARBAGE! It cracks me up when someone moves here and claims Charlotte is the promised land and where they left was evil....that's GARBAGE AS WELL.

LOL---you're as smooth as the hands of a blacksmith.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:49 AM

2,424 posts, read 3,534,727 times
For those moving down from a harsh climate, welcome to a 12 month outdoor season. No need to put away your bike, your custom car, your shorts or your boat. Sure there are 20 or so days that are bad in the Winter, however compared to the NE, upper Mid-West Charlotte has 4 seasons: Spring and lots of it, Summer, Fall, Late Fall and then it's spring again.

If you are coming here because you are retired, I would suggest living in SC around Fort Mill and get all the benefits of SC in the form of taxes, housing costs, general cost of living, and all the benefits of Charlotte with a 25 minute drive.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:19 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,449,764 times
Plenty. Clean downtown. Expansion = nice new places. 4 Seasons. The great outdoors. Nearness to beach and mountains. Not too crowded.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:52 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhm5 View Post
For those moving down from a harsh climate, welcome to a 12 month outdoor season. No need to put away your bike, your custom car, your shorts or your boat. Sure there are 20 or so days that are bad in the Winter, however compared to the NE, upper Mid-West Charlotte has 4 seasons: Spring and lots of it, Summer, Fall, Late Fall and then it's spring again.

If you are coming here because you are retired, I would suggest living in SC around Fort Mill and get all the benefits of SC in the form of taxes, housing costs, general cost of living, and all the benefits of Charlotte with a 25 minute drive.
20 or so bad days of winter = 40 degrees with a few rainy days...

Old 01-30-2012, 11:53 AM

38 posts, read 83,938 times
Default Regrets on coming to Charlotte

For almost 25 years I was a Health & Safety professional in NYS. We've seen guns in rural schools, suburban schools, in parochial schools as well as urban schools. I saw a father kill his child inside a Catholic ES in a small suburban town as well as many other acts of senseless violence all around the nation. Guns and knives are all too common in schools but also in all kinds of locations. Charlotte isn't any worse than any other location with these types of incidents.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:57 PM

10,006 posts, read 11,151,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhm5 View Post

I just dont know how you can ignore the summer months and say its great outdoor weather. I am baffled by it over and over here. It is NOT great outdoor weather, in fact its terrible outdoor weather 3 months a year. Northern relocators need to hear this.... such bs.

ok, sure winter is great if you hate snow and spring is quite amazing (hate the northern spring),...I agree with that.

Last edited by jp03; 01-30-2012 at 01:10 PM..

Old 01-30-2012, 01:01 PM

10,006 posts, read 11,151,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Plenty. Clean downtown. Expansion = nice new places. 4 Seasons. The great outdoors. Nearness to beach and mountains. Not too crowded.
Here is another fallacy...Charlotte is NOT near the beach! 3.5 hour ride is not close to anything. Mountains , yes..., 2 hours drive..I'd call that close enough

Last edited by jp03; 01-30-2012 at 01:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte