U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 12:45 PM

13 posts, read 18,478 times

Advertisements

Hey , I live in a small town of rutherfordton, NC you might know where its at.

Well anyway This Wendsday im going to try out a Resturaunt. Big Ben`s Pub.

Any good stores I can stop by?

Im looking for Imported Drinks (Not Alcoholic) Like Sodas and such. Also Ginger Beer`s. I love Ginger Beer and have yet to find any but from ordering online.

Also looking for some Crisps, Chocolate, candies, Tea`s , Coffee`s, And some really good other imported stuff in general.

What stores if any have these? I can go to muti ones if needed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2012, 12:49 PM

7,437 posts, read 6,706,046 times
This thread may have some ideas for you..

Anywhere in Charlotte to buy Marimite/Vegemite and other Imported Foods

Old 03-26-2012, 12:52 PM

13,148 posts, read 13,178,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyelton View Post

Im looking for Imported Drinks (Not Alcoholic) Like Sodas and such. Also Ginger Beer`s. I love Ginger Beer and have yet to find any but from ordering online.

Also looking for some Crisps, Chocolate, candies, Tea`s , Coffee`s, And some really good other imported stuff in general.

Have you looked in any of the big Ingles?

Leave early & make a pit stop at the Kings Mountain Ingles. You won't find everything that you want, but you'll find some of it.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:47 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,125,591 times
Quote:

OK world market has Candies, some teas & coffees

Harris Tetter supermarket (some of them)

carry Yorkies, Ginger Beer, custard etc.

South African store in Matthews sells some walkers crisps, right now I think they have prawn cocktail, tomato & cheese & Onion.
they also sell back bacon, sauages, kippers etc.

If you let me know what sepcifics you are looking for, I could propably tell you if I have seen them anywhere.

Old 03-26-2012, 02:05 PM

283 posts, read 417,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post

South African store in Matthews sells some walkers crisps, right now I think they have prawn cocktail, tomato & cheese & Onion.

If you let me know what sepcifics you are looking for, I could propably tell you if I have seen them anywhere.
I 2nd all 3 sources!

Old 03-27-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post

Awesome!!! Which Harris Tetter has the Ginger Beer??? And I know the laws in NC allows purchase of non alholic beer in NC is legal to minors. But I figured out some walmarts here dont understand it so I have to wait a week for them to find out they were wrong and let me buy it lol. No gingerbeer but NA beer in the store.
As long as harris tetter dont wanna ID me.

I love the ginger beers so much!

Here are my plans for tommrow. Leaving here at 8:10am I should be there by atleast 9:30. At 11 ish I wanted to eat at Big Ben Pub. So I have between 9:30 til 11 for shopping. Cause I have to be back in my County by 2:40.

But I want to buy some british goods to bring back with me. I hate ordering online its EXPENSIVE

Il be around here 2000 South Blvd, Charlotte, NC

so if around there would be even better but can travel.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:39 PM

13,148 posts, read 13,178,368 times
Quote:
Awesome!!! Which Harris Tetter has the Ginger Beer??? And I know the laws in NC allows purchase of non alholic beer in NC is legal to minors. But I figured out some walmarts here dont understand it so I have to wait a week for them to find out they were wrong and let me buy it lol. No gingerbeer but NA beer in the store.

Here are my plans for tommrow. Leaving here at 8:10am I should be there by atleast 9:30. At 11 ish I wanted to eat at Big Ben Pub. So I have between 9:30 til 11 for shopping. Cause I have to be back in my County by 2:40.

But I want to buy some british goods to bring back with me. I hate ordering online its EXPENSIVE

I've seen ginger beers at the Kings Mountain Ingles. I don't know if they have it now. What other items are you looking for? If Ingles has the items it will probably be much cheaper than Harris Teeter.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:40 PM

1,066 posts, read 1,465,741 times
Quote:

I reckon you might be able to find 90% your list at World Market - there's one at 9557 South Boulevard Charlotte, NC 28273, but I'd still take I-77 from Big Ben's to get there.

I'm not sure which Harris Teeters have those British food sections - I actually emailed them a while back asking this, but never got a response.

Big Ben's is just okay, IMO......and pack a cooler, so that your chocolates don't melt!

Old 03-27-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megax View Post
I reckon you might be able to find 90% your list at World Market - there's one at 9557 South Boulevard Charlotte, NC 28273, but I'd still take I-77 from Big Ben's to get there.

I'm not sure which Harris Teeters have those British food sections - I actually emailed them a while back asking this, but never got a response.

Big Ben's is just okay, IMO......and pack a cooler, so that your chocolates don't melt!
At where abouts can I find British stuff at the world market? Or do they have like sections for imported stuff

Also what would you recommend I pick up as well thats yummy and tasty on food, Sauses, and such.

Last edited by hyelton; 03-27-2012 at 08:28 PM..

Old 03-27-2012, 08:42 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,125,591 times
Quote:

Thankfully ginger beer is a soda.

The Harris Teeter or Rea road & at the Aboretum both have it, World market may have it as well, I would make that the first stop.

If you go to the south African store as well that is near another world market, so usually if I go to one I go to the other.

The other think I have found is several places sell the ginger beer with hispanic or jamican foods. Goya make a ginger beer, cannot remember the jamacian name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte