U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 03:05 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,065,585 times

Advertisements

Soooo, how is everyone doing on this fine sunny afternoon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 06:44 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,009,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
I am doing well, thank you. Just sitting here in between assignments, searching on EBay, where I can buy used goods at a fraction of the B&M or online sales price, lol.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:52 AM

3,356 posts, read 8,863,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post

The tax man's taken all my dough
And left me in this stately home
Lazing on a sunny afternoon
And I can't even sail my yacht
He's taken everything I've got
All I got's this sunny afternoon

Old 04-04-2012, 08:44 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,065,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I am doing well, thank you. Just sitting here in between assignments, searching on EBay, where I can buy used goods at a fraction of the B&M or online sales price, lol.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:04 AM

Dang, Topchief. Can't run anything by YOU! lol

Just answered the door. Jehovah's Witnesses. Now there's a business model that we didn't discuss. Door-to-door sales. Sure, they aren't selling a product. Well, unless you consider "ever-lasting life" a product.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Well, unless you consider "ever-lasting life" a product.

Not sure about the warranty on those products, sounds like they are selling extended warranties, that nobody can prove are worth buying

Old 04-04-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post
Not sure about the warranty on those products, sounds like they are selling extended warranties, that nobody can prove are worth buying
ROFL! Well, all extended warranties seem dubious to me.

Of course, when I bought the most recent appliance, the sales person reminded me that sadly, no appliances are built like they used to be built . . . products seem to have problems after only 2 years of use.

Hubby says appliances are being built like crap so they can be sold at a cheaper price point and the wise thing to do now is always buy an extended warranty - and simply consider it plus the price of the appliance to be the "real price" of the item. Pretty sad to think that is what we have come to.

And that brings us back to the whole B&M vs online discussion. I prefer having a B&M company stand behind me when a product has problems (or I need to return it due to defects!). That, alone, is a good reason to shop at a local retail store.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:13 AM

8,402 posts, read 20,276,166 times
Quote:
Anyone who has ever used one thinks they're worth a lot. If nothing else, peace of mind is worth a lot to some people.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Anyone who has ever used one thinks they're worth a lot. If nothing else, peace of mind is worth a lot to some people.
You realise I was talking about the product that Jehovah's Witnesses sell door to door.

Back on topic Best Buy cured me of buying their warranties, camcorder was being fixed more than it was used, it never worked properly again, because it partially worked they refused to replace it.

I now have to think long and hard and decide if I want to gamble on length of a product lasting.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:20 AM

8,402 posts, read 20,276,166 times
Quote:
You realise I was talking about the product that Jehovah's Witnesses sell door to door.

Back on topic Best Buy cured me of buying their warranties, camcorder was being fixed more than it was used, it never worked properly again, because it partially worked they refused to replace it.

I now have to think long and hard and decide if I want to gamble on length of a product lasting.
No, I had no idea. Now that I reread that post, I get it.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or