Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 01:42 PM

748 posts, read 1,770,726 times

Advertisements

There are many websites that offer incorporation services. The price varies pretty widely.
Can anyone here recommend one that you've used to create an LLC? I want make sure I get a complete package.

Also, I want to quit claim the deed of a rental property and transfer it into the new LLC.
Anyone know what I would expect to pay for that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2012, 02:13 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,510,953 times
If interested DM me, I will be happy to give you the name of our corporate attorney.

Old 03-31-2012, 05:35 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,759,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobosCurse View Post
There are many websites that offer incorporation services. The price varies pretty widely.
Can anyone here recommend one that you've used to create an LLC? I want make sure I get a complete package.

Also, I want to quit claim the deed of a rental property and transfer it into the new LLC.
Anyone know what I would expect to pay for that?
For the quit claim, check the local office stores. I think I've seen forms there. Basically fill in the blank.

You can also go to Welcome - Mecklenburg NC Web Access and search on QCDs for examples but the form should be simple and cheap enough.

Old 03-31-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
For the quit claim, check the local office stores. I think I've seen forms there. Basically fill in the blank.

You can also go to Welcome - Mecklenburg NC Web Access and search on QCDs for examples but the form should be simple and cheap enough.
Oh, I don't need an attorney for that?

Old 03-31-2012, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobosCurse View Post
Oh, I don't need an attorney for that?
I don't see why. It's pretty easy. Davidson County has a sample. You can check that out. They recommend having an attorney look it over and that wouldn't hurt.

http://www.co.davidson.nc.us/media/p...Deed_85x11.pdf

Old 03-31-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
I don't see why. It's pretty easy. Davidson County has a sample. You can check that out. They recommend having an attorney look it over and that wouldn't hurt.

http://www.co.davidson.nc.us/media/p...Deed_85x11.pdf
Sweet. My brother is an attorney in PA. If it's just a matter of filling out a form and having it looked over, that's great.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:35 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,028,509 times
Hold on! You cannot quit claim the deed if you have a mortgage on it. The only way you could do that is if you paid off the mortgage first.

You should get your brother the attorney to look up NC corp law. It is all on the web. He should be able to sort out the proper laws & regulations regarding this without a problem.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Hold on! You cannot quit claim the deed if you have a mortgage on it. .
Oh. I guess that part is important.
But I could form the LLC with self-directed 401k or IRA with checkbook control, roll retirement money over to it, use that to pay it off, then quit claim...no?

Still learning...trying to make the most of our assets. I'm reading as much as I can, listening to relevant podcasts

Old 03-31-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Hold on! You cannot quit claim the deed if you have a mortgage on it. The only way you could do that is if you paid off the mortgage first.

You should get your brother the attorney to look up NC corp law. It is all on the web. He should be able to sort out the proper laws & regulations regarding this without a problem.
I think you could quitclaim the deed with a mortgage it just wouldn't affect the mortgage terms and the debt remains the same (including promissory on the property). But checking with an attorney if there is a mortgage would be important for the reason of piercing the veil. In other words, it wouldn't matter that the LLC owned the property. If the grantor tried to use the LLC to shield liabilities, they would probably lose that protection if the grantor had a mortgage even if the LLC was the owner through a quit claim.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:36 PM

Very good info, GC. I love this place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: