Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 08:37 AM

241 posts, read 891,486 times

Advertisements

Thanks everybody!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2007, 08:48 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,210,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by damaranicole View Post
Lakemont Blvd, Fort Mill is where the location is. the google directions say that i have to go up the 485 for 10 miles and then 77 south for 3 miles. it would most likely be commuter hours. would it really take that long to get there? i mean, i AM in california. it takes about an hour and a half to get 30 miles here. would it really be that bad getting to ft. mill? you can tell me the backroads...i won't tell i don't really want to spend more then 30 minutes on a commute - from the sounds of it, i'm assuming that this isn't feasible.

These are the google directions:

5. Turn right at Rea Rd 3.6 mi
7 mins
6. Take the ramp onto I-485 W 7.7 mi
7 mins
7. Take exit 67 to merge onto I-77 S/US-21 S toward Columbia
Entering South Carolina 2.5 mi
3 mins
8. Take exit 90 to merge onto Carowinds Blvd 1.1 mi
2 mins
9. Turn left at Pleasant Rd 0.6 mi
2 mins
10. Turn left at Steele Creek Dr 0.3 mi
1 min
11. Steele Creek Dr turns left and becomes Crestmont Dr 0.4 mi
1 min
12. Crestmont Dr turns left and becomes Lakemont Blvd

I know exactly where you speak of as this is the business park where my DH works at. I will also tell you that I am originally from So. CA as well...and you know we never speak in terms of miles...but always in amount of time the commute will take (I still carry that with me even though I have been here close to 4 years now) But I will also go on to tell you that from the Lakemont Business Park (Fort Mill/77/Carowinds/exit 90) it takes me a little over 15 minutes to get to Trader Joe's off Rea Rd (using the 485). I bring this up because this is when there is No commuter traffic plus you will be traviling a further distance. So my point being...anywhere I tell you...odds are it is going to take you longer than that 30 minutes you are hoping for.

Lovesmountains has given you some good back routes (the only thing I would tweek the one where you would take takes Ballantyne Commons to 521/Johnston Rd...I personally would continue down Ballantyne Commons a little further and make a right at Old Lancaster Hwy instead (only becasue 521 is nuts in the morning as everyone is making their way to the 485).

There is another back road as well...but it still going to take you a good amount of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte