Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2007, 07:04 PM

17 posts, read 114,581 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a good realtor to help us find a home to rent? We will be in Charlotte next weekend and really need someone to help us sort through the assortment of rental houses in the area and arrange for us to view a few of them. We have already been "blown off" by one realtor (who apparently can't be bothered to help us since we aren't interested in buying just yet).

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2007, 08:22 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,169,531 times
What area of Charlotte?

Old 09-13-2007, 09:06 PM

Probably the SW part of town. People online have recommended the Steele Creek and Lake Wylie areas (and also eastern parts of Gaston County). Our preference is south rather than north (and we want to stay in NC). My husband will be working not far from the airport and would like to have a reasonable commute.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:06 PM

928 posts, read 3,852,506 times
I would say most realtors do not list or show rentals. Most companies will allow you to come in, pay a deposit, show your license and pick up a key. Also, call before you come because alot of places are not open on the weekend. Come down and drive through some areas where you think you might want to live, there will be for rent signs all over.

I am not firmilar with the steel creek area, but if your working at the airport consider Belmont and Mount Holly, these are easy to get too, yet nicely tucked away areas that are growing by leaps and bounds. I would definitly consider the commute too because 5pm Friday is way different then 5pm Sunday. ALso, if you live in Mount Holly or Belmont you can take Wilkenson Blvd to work which help the commute on the off chance there is an accident.

Good luck with your visit and transition to Charlotte. Please PM if I can help with Gaston Co.

Old 09-14-2007, 11:45 AM

Thanks for the responses, but we have always worked with a realtor to find a rental in the past. We've never had an issue with this anywhere else we have lived. We simply don't have the time to call places individually and really need someone to coordinate that for us. We will have very little time during our visit and need to find a place to rent while we are there.

Old 09-16-2007, 01:28 AM

38 posts, read 116,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creatively View Post
Thanks for the responses, but we have always worked with a realtor to find a rental in the past. We've never had an issue with this anywhere else we have lived. We simply don't have the time to call places individually and really need someone to coordinate that for us. We will have very little time during our visit and need to find a place to rent while we are there.
i have not seen any professional apartment locators in NC like some other cities i have been to. some of the veteran locals might help you with that if they saw one around there.
i have been offered this service by the realtors NC area when they hear that i might take few months to look around before deciding to buy the house, rather than buying a house from outside the state and moving into directly. i think they do this as a help to their to clients and my guess is if they dont this often their resources might be limited.

Old 09-16-2007, 08:37 AM

95 posts, read 304,525 times
Lightbulb Hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creatively View Post
Can anyone recommend a good realtor to help us find a home to rent?
Thanks!
I would contact allen tate. I did an they have been very helpfull.They do have a relocation exspert, with help in finding rentals. You can google there name an the site will come up.
Hope this helps

Old 09-27-2007, 11:05 AM

7 posts, read 18,781 times
Default Rental realtor

There's a very nice young guy named Kyle who handles rentals in the Charlotte area. He works for Weichert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte