U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 10:58 PM

28 posts, read 38,143 times

Advertisements

I couldn't figure out how to edit the title of my prior post, so I'm reposting (hoping the new title will get a better response, because I'm thinking the current property name is relatively new".

Anyone have any experience, or opinions of this complex. "Landmark at Chesterfield" It's located in Pineville, minutes from Carolina Place Mall at 12821 Meadow Creek Lane. From what I can tell, they may have once been Meadow Creek Apartments, or possibly Colonial Village at Meadow Creek? I was shown a model today, going back to look at an actual unit tomorrow... They're managed by Landmark Residential, property management for Standford Reserve, Grand Terraces, and Victoria Park in Charlotte. They also happen to have the very same floorplans as Berkshire Place Apartments off of Johnston Rd. in Charlotte. When viewing the complex today, the woman in the leasing office did mention to me that they just purchased the property 6 months ago (anyone know how much truth there is to that?), and it would appear (and was stated), that the entire complex was recently renovated.

Any suggestions, opinions, concerns? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 09:25 AM

45,270 posts, read 86,174,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ean View Post
I couldn't figure out how to edit the title of my prior post, so I'm reposting (hoping the new title will get a better response, because I'm thinking the current property name is relatively new".

Anyone have any experience, or opinions of this complex. "Landmark at Chesterfield" It's located in Pineville, minutes from Carolina Place Mall at 12821 Meadow Creek Lane. From what I can tell, they may have once been Meadow Creek Apartments, or possibly Colonial Village at Meadow Creek? I was shown a model today, going back to look at an actual unit tomorrow... They're managed by Landmark Residential, property management for Standford Reserve, Grand Terraces, and Victoria Park in Charlotte. They also happen to have the very same floorplans as Berkshire Place Apartments off of Johnston Rd. in Charlotte. When viewing the complex today, the woman in the leasing office did mention to me that they just purchased the property 6 months ago (anyone know how much truth there is to that?), and it would appear (and was stated), that the entire complex was recently renovated.

Any suggestions, opinions, concerns? Thanks!
I believe those are right next door to Sabal Point Apartments? Under new management they might be okay.

Though I would ask them how they qualify their residents, just to get a clue as to what kinds of people are living there. Previously, that area of Pineville was starting to look like the 'hood. I hope it is improving now

I know it can be so tough to find a decent complex under $650 anymore and I wish you good luck.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:32 AM

45,270 posts, read 86,174,657 times
Just a thought...if you can go up to $675 consider looking at Palmetto Place in Fort Mill. They are just off of Gold Hill Rd and pretty convenient to Charlotte. They are not fancy, but do have a nice pool and good location where you could feel pretty safe

Old 04-04-2012, 10:33 AM

28 posts, read 38,143 times
Well I'm currently paying $675 over at Berkshire Place Apartments... the area appears to be rather safe, however the apartments are old, and plans of updating seem non-existant. I noticed Landmark at Chesterfield has the very same floor plans, newly renovated (updated), for the same rates. My rent will go up to $720 here when my lease renews in June, which is actually higher than over in Pineville. Rather unfortunate if you ask me, I consider my apartment liveable, but not presentable, and if I only wanted liveable there are plenty of cheaper alternatives. Anyway, thanks for the responses guys!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or