U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 06:19 AM

17 posts, read 53,366 times

Advertisements

Good Morning,

I am trying to get somemore information about the new Golf Course housing community in Union County. I have been there a few times and there are some great homes in the new custom home area. I have contacted one of the builders (Carolina Distinctive Homes - building custom homes in North and South Carolina). They have a very nice looking home out there.

My big question, which I hope you can help me answer is - do you think it is a good long term investment. From what Carolina Distinctive Homes told me the builders that are currently building have sewer permits.... There is a current hold on new sewer permits. The course seems to be a little far out, but I know how well the Ballantyne and Weddington area have done over the years. Please let me know your thoughts?

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2007, 09:30 AM

Default Response?

Hello,

I have yet to hear back - any thoughts would be great....

Thanks

Old 09-17-2007, 10:16 AM

197 posts, read 668,722 times
if you run a search there was a whole thread about this a few weeks back

nevermind - I see you started those threads as well - I guess you are just trying to advertise. I guess sales there aren't going too well.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:36 AM

197 posts, read 668,722 times
If I personally was going to spend that much money and wanted to be in a golf course community I would buy in Providence Country Club or Quail Hollow

Old 09-17-2007, 10:37 AM

31 posts, read 99,228 times
I've been out to Stonebridge, and wasn't impressed. The houses seem expensive, and the development is very far out from Charlotte.

On top of that the golf course is pretty flat, without many trees, etc...

Overall, I'd look elsewhere first - unless you absolutely need a new house in a golf course out in the country (sort of).

Old 09-18-2007, 06:05 AM

Hello, thanks for all you’re post! I am been looking at this area for a little while (reason for my other post)..... I understand the property seems to far from town, but so did Waxhaw and Weddington. I am thinking about down the read – an investment. I am sure the area will not look as it does now in about 5 years. What does everyone else think about this being a 5-10 year investment?

Thanks for all your post!

Old 09-18-2007, 06:31 AM

84 posts, read 271,456 times
Default Stonebridge?!?!?!?

It has taken this development nearly 13 years to get where it is now.

I have been playing that course since it opened and it can get boring....flat.

I have never been able to justify the $10K membership fee for that course. Don't get me wrong............it is a fun course to play and work on your shots, but if you play this course too often and then play some of the other challenging courses, you wonder why you couldn't score well. SB is just a bit easier than the rating.

I live about 6 miles from the course and enjoy the country style living. Our property is 15 years old, custom built with a pool and hot tub on an acre of heavily wooded hardwoods. Our sub-division is smaller (50 lots), but all are custom built. Our prices our a bit lower than that at SB, however.

There are some very odd designed spec homes around 9th tee and they can't be priced more than $300,000.........but I would not pay that for them.

Sorry about the rambling...........................now for the future:

For more than 15 years, I have seen little change in that surrounding area. Mineral Springs (closest retail area) except for replacing the old gas station with a new, clean store.

As far as long term goes....................there will always be those who love the quiet country setting, but I don't know how much people will pay. Right now I think it may be a little overpriced.

Once the swim club is in and complete, and if they added a more upscale menu to the SB clubhouse, you may see more success.

Good luck and I will keep watching.........................

Old 10-07-2007, 07:07 AM

Default New Info

Good Morning,

I found out that Stonebridge is having a golfing event next weekend to promote the area and homes. It also sounds like they are moving on the new club house with swim and tennis.

Thank you all for your feedback.... I think I may check out the golf event and see what other things are happening there. This could be a really good investment - just thinking of area and other housing that has been built in union county. If anyone esle has anymore info please post and I will do the same.

Old 10-11-2007, 06:36 AM

I wanted to correct my last reply.... the event is on Sunday 10/23... Carolina Distinctive Homes - building custom homes in North and South Carolina has a flyer showing more detail.

Again, if anyone has any information about the area please post.

Thanks,

Old 10-11-2007, 06:50 AM

140 posts, read 543,683 times
I agree, sounds like advertising from a sales rep
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or