U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2014, 07:51 PM

11,709 posts, read 9,316,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
I could see why you feel like that, sometimes they are nice in a creepy way at Publix. But I'm not mad at them for teaching the employees there to go out of their way to help customers. I have heard other people complain that they are too nice though. I was in a Publix early one morning and this lady in line in front of me told the cashier that it was annoying that she was so friendly so early in the morning.
I dont mind good customer service but they snatched the food out of our hands while we were in the check out line. When we were leaving they insisted on loading up our car. I had to say no 4 times. Some people think thats great service, I think its rude. Its like they were pressuring me to give the answer they wanted to hear. LOL

If I say no thank you, I dont want to be asked 2 more times... respect my answer.

The store was nice, clean and the baked goods are amazing but its too far . If it was closer I would probably shop their from time to time.

It wasnt THAT special though, its just groceries
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2014, 09:00 PM

2,155 posts, read 3,360,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfort Food View Post
Just FYI, but the Publix in Steele Creek will open next week (Oct 1). Initially the Publix website showed the stores in Huntersville and in Whitehall opening that day too, but now the website no longer lists those opening dates.
The Observer is reporting that the Huntersville store will open on Oct 9.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:49 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,396,087 times
It would be interesting to see how the business is like at it Rosedale location in a year. Imo there is a few cosmetic -structure things I dont like about where this building is located.

That part of Rosedale Commons stores dont last, it was what I started have you notice going out of business thread.
I find the square footage small in comparison to its neighbor HT and the other two grocery stores on that street.
I feel the grass medians are to large that separate the parking lot road and store. The roadway is even more narrow than rest of Rosedale which is narrow.
There isnt really a place to push a cart except at parking lot entrances and parking lot is a hill with this grocery store at the bottom. If they do take groceries to car it might benefit at this location.
Also at night, the parking lot is really dark, I often think what they using 40 watt bulbs.
Also since it is at the bottom, plan on feet being wet from the rain heading in that direction.

Benefit of this location is heading east is a dedicated left turn lane on Market Square with no light.
Also Im sure the residents of Colonial Grand will be happy. They should request a delivery service since it next door.
The layout of that shopping center is odd like you need to move the car from back to front or do without . No wonder why it has a high turn over imo.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 09-22-2014 at 10:24 PM..

Old 09-22-2014, 10:55 PM

355 posts, read 557,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfort Food View Post
Just FYI, but the Publix in Steele Creek will open next week (Oct 1). Initially the Publix website showed the stores in Huntersville and in Whitehall opening that day too, but now the website no longer lists those opening dates.
Our New Division | Careers | Publix Super Markets

Ballantyne Town Center
11222 Providence Rd. W, Charlotte, NC
Now Open

Cherry Road Crossing
2186 Cherry Rd., Rock Hill, SC Now Open

McKee Farms
3110 Fincher Farm Rd., Matthews, NC Now Open

Shops at Publix Pavilion
479 Bypass 72 NW, Greenwood, SC Fall 2014

Steele Creek Crossing
12810 South Tryon St., Charlotte, NC Fall 2014

Bradford
1020 Bradford Plaza Way, Cary, NC Fall 2014

Market Square
19815 Rose Commons Dr., Huntersville, NC Fall 2014

Whitehall Commons
8120 South Tryon St., Charlotte, NC Fall 2014

Mint Hill Commons
Intersection of Matthews Mint Hill Rd. and Lawyers Rd. Fall 2014

Magnolia Plaza
8315 Magnolia Estates Drive, Cornelius, NC Fall 2014

Coastal North Town Center
Hwy 17 and Moss Place, North Myrtle Beach, SC Fall 2014

Pawleys Island Plaza
Hwy 17 and Petigru Drive, Pawleys Island, SC Early 2015

Shops at Southline
2222 South Blvd., Charlotte, NC Early 2015

Pinnacle Point
1839 Hendersonville Road, Asheville, NC Early 2015

Winston-Salem
34 Miller St., Winston-Salem, NC Early 2015

Lake Wylie
158 Highway 274, Lake Wylie, SC Late 2015

Wedgewood Square Shopping Center
1735 Heckle Blvd., Rock Hill, SC Late 2015

Willow Oaks Crossing
George Liles Pkwy and Weddington Road, Concord, NC TBD

Old 09-22-2014, 11:13 PM

355 posts, read 557,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I dont mind good customer service but they snatched the food out of our hands while we were in the check out line. When we were leaving they insisted on loading up our car. I had to say no 4 times. Some people think thats great service, I think its rude. Its like they were pressuring me to give the answer they wanted to hear. LOL

If I say no thank you, I dont want to be asked 2 more times... respect my answer.

The store was nice, clean and the baked goods are amazing but its too far . If it was closer I would probably shop their from time to time.

It wasnt THAT special though, its just groceries
You know what cracks me up?

Those complaining of having to wait in line forever to check out

Having to hunt for an associate for help with an item

A store that's dirty and unclean

And overall poor customer service

Quote:
I have heard other people complain that they are too nice though. I was in a Publix early one morning and this lady in line in front of me told the cashier that it was annoying that she was so friendly so early in the morning.
Too nice??? In this instance, I would say the one with the problem was with the attitude of the lady in front of you.....or neither of you are morning people and stay crabby all day.

Maybe instead, wally world or food lion would be a better fit for you both. Neither of you should mind....after all, it's "Just groceries"

Old 09-23-2014, 07:54 AM

1,491 posts, read 1,522,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuvakind View Post

Too nice??? In this instance, I would say the one with the problem was with the attitude of the lady in front of you.....or neither of you are morning people and stay crabby all day.

Maybe instead, wally world or food lion would be a better fit for you both. Neither of you should mind....after all, it's "Just groceries"
Bro I didn't say it, the lady in front of me said it. To be honest I thought it was funny. I guess you see it differently. And I'm good on Food Lion, back home Food Lion was considered a pretty trashy grocery store. When they were in Atlanta they were only in the ghetto parts of town or the far out Yokel-ville areas. And you're right, it is "just groceries", but Publix actually has nice inventory and you can save a ton of money if you shop right. But I guess that doesn't matter up here, guess yall Charlloteans are "balling" like that.

Publix ran the competition off in the A back in the early 90's and its was bigger market with a lot more chains, you think they wont do the same here where there only comp is Food Lion, Harris Teeter and (1) Whole Food Store?

Old 09-23-2014, 08:28 AM

1,117 posts, read 2,448,949 times
Quote:
Bro I didn't say it, the lady in front of me said it.
Comprehension is a lost art.
Quote:
you think they wont do the same here where there only comp is Food Lion, Harris Teeter and (1) Whole Food Store?
Errr...you left-out Charlotte's #1 grocer from your list.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:45 AM

1,491 posts, read 1,522,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megax View Post
Comprehension is a lost art.
Errr...you left-out Charlotte's #1 grocer from your list.
Yeah ok, please enlighten me then. D&D? Wal Mart? The fact remains the same, Publix wipes the plate clean of competitors. Thev've done it in cities that are bigger with way more options than Charlotte. I'm pretty sure they will do it here too.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:47 AM

408 posts, read 986,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuvakind View Post
Our New Division | Careers | Publix Super Markets

Market Square
19815 Rose Commons Dr., Huntersville, NC Fall 2014

Whitehall Commons
8120 South Tryon St., Charlotte, NC Fall 2014
Last week the website showed specific dates of October 1 for the Steele Creek, Whitehall, and Huntersville location. While the Oct 1 date for the Steele Creek remains, according to the Observer the Huntersville location will open on October 9.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:57 AM

489 posts, read 724,704 times
Been to Publix a few times.... it's just a grocery store. I live right by 3 Harris Teeter's. No need for me to drive out of my way to go to just another grocery store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte