U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2008, 02:43 PM

4,222 posts, read 6,726,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishlee View Post
I liked Albertsons. Shopped there when I lived in Houston. But they had a Kroger also and I am a loyal Kroger customer.
Albertson's are closing right and left in Florida. Not know as being a great store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 03:30 PM

549 posts, read 1,565,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Coming from Florida, Publix is way better than any grocery store around here.
From Charlotte, take 77 south to 26 east in Columbia. Stay on 26 east until you get to the junction of 95 south. Then stay on 95 south until you get home to Florida.

Old 07-13-2008, 03:39 PM

14,123 posts, read 20,889,791 times
LOL-Albertsons are so expensive. No wonder they are closing..

Old 07-13-2008, 04:05 PM

737 posts, read 1,875,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto Heel View Post
From Charlotte, take 77 south to 26 east in Columbia. Stay on 26 east until you get to the junction of 95 south. Then stay on 95 south until you get home to Florida.
Wow, thats exactly the kind of comment that I used to read on the Miami forum when NY'ers mentioned missing stuff from there. Seems kinda closed minded to me, kind of like "love it or leave it"! The way I look at it, if Publix comes into this market hard, the competition will either raise their standards, or fail. I dont think this is as much of an issue with HT as it is with Lowes and FLion.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:42 PM

549 posts, read 1,565,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealialex View Post
Wow, thats exactly the kind of comment that I used to read on the Miami forum when NY'ers mentioned missing stuff from there. Seems kinda closed minded to me, kind of like "love it or leave it"! The way I look at it, if Publix comes into this market hard, the competition will either raise their standards, or fail. I dont think this is as much of an issue with HT as it is with Lowes and FLion.
Pretty much, yeah.

Old 07-13-2008, 06:50 PM

3,356 posts, read 8,881,531 times
Just to add to this go visit the HT on 160 that is now really quiet as there is now a super walmart less than 1 mile away.

Once did a direct comparison, on $49 worth from HT only spent $37 in walmart for the same items.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:29 PM

5 posts, read 12,025 times
I lived in Pembrooke Pines for 6 years and when I got here what i was most impressed with was the choice that you have of groceries stores (trader Joes, Bloom, Harris Teeter, Word Fare) Publix will not have a bit of a chance here. Publix does not even come close to any of these. Maybe to Bi-Lo.

Old 07-14-2008, 05:45 PM

1 posts, read 3,076 times
Default Publix

I was told that Publix will be in the Knoxville and North Carolina market within 5 years. They are already in Chattanooga now. Expect them to continue growing their operations in the Southern States.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:44 AM

16 posts, read 53,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS View Post
just going by what I was told. I guess the question would be: is there a publix down the street from a harris teeter where they would cause competition? If there is, then I suggest my source of information is null and void.
In Hilton Head, we had a Publix and Harris Teeter across the street from each other.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:23 AM

7 posts, read 23,103 times
UPDATE :

Our initial contact was met with courtesy, and after the person we spoke with brought it up, Publix has no plans to expand into this area at the current time. However, due to the response of this thread and other factors, we are continuing to attempt to build a case for them to consider Charlotte.

The location that first brought this up is the corner of Eastfield Rd and Ellenwood, just past the Wallace "farm". There is a shopping center anchored by a grocery store being built as I type, yet they do not have a grocery chain yet. There are HT's on two sides, a Bloom opening closeby, and two existing Lowe's and one Bi-Lo nearby. A Food Lion is also near. Obviously, this leaves few other alternatives. I live in the area, and while some folks in Highland Creek likely have their habits, Lowe's has really taken off there, and the growth in homes in that area has been nothing less of phenomenal, so I believe even a new chain would be able to pull a reasonable clientele from all the influx of people moving in who have not yet established a firm pattern. If you do not live in that area, it would be worth driving by there and Christenbury Rd, which connects to Concord Mills Blvd. The growth is amazing.

I will continue to keep you posted as to our progress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte