U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2011, 05:51 AM

5,882 posts, read 7,737,086 times

Advertisements

So where is the distribution center that services the stores in Columbia? Could that one go to Fort Mill as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 06:36 AM

3,356 posts, read 8,878,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
So where is the distribution center that services the stores in Columbia? Could that one go to Fort Mill as well?
They currently service those stores from Atlanta, they would service Fort Mill from there to start.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:23 PM

238 posts, read 495,869 times
God I'd be so happy if Publix came here. I moved to NC 4 years ago and miss it terribly. Harris Teeter is nice, but pricey. We have a great Bi-Lo near us. It's a super Bi-Lo and it's beautiful, very well maintained, but I know there are Bi-Los that aren't pretty. But if Publix came here I'd drop Bi-Lo in a minute.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:02 AM

28 posts, read 44,784 times
Would love to see this happen. I heard they are opening one in the Fort Mill area (I think)?
Although I agree with the above posters, there are so many HT's I don't know if they would be able to compete.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:12 AM

21,966 posts, read 27,247,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msugahgrl View Post
Would love to see this happen. I heard they are opening one in the Fort Mill area (I think)?
Although I agree with the above posters, there are so many HT's I don't know if they would be able to compete.
All they need is to draw off enough customers to support the number of stores that they build.

Old 04-08-2011, 06:19 AM

76 posts, read 138,778 times
My sister in GA's stores are Publix and I really like them. They were looking at a property in Fort Mill (at Gold Hill Road and Pleasant Rd -- just off I-77) but neighbors protested the store going onto what they said was too small a property. Hoping they bring a store to the FM area.. I'd love anothe choice besides Bi-Lo, Food Lion (both yuck for my vote), HT and Lowes.
Thanks for keeping us posted.... will look forward to hearing!

Old 04-08-2011, 08:57 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,840,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelkmac View Post
My sister in GA's stores are Publix and I really like them. They were looking at a property in Fort Mill (at Gold Hill Road and Pleasant Rd -- just off I-77) but neighbors protested the store going onto what they said was too small a property. Hoping they bring a store to the FM area.. I'd love anothe choice besides Bi-Lo, Food Lion (both yuck for my vote), HT and Lowes.
Thanks for keeping us posted.... will look forward to hearing!
The neighborhood around the Gold Hill location has already approved it, as of back in October.

I guess since we heard they can not open one store because it would be too difficult with the distribution center being so far away (Atlanta or wherever?)
that the delay in the Gold Hill Road store, is they have to secure the Indian Land property (and any local approval), as well as a location for the distribution center and a Charlotte store. The article I read, said if they could not open at least 3 stores up this way, to justify a distribution center, then they would not open any stores.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:21 PM

39 posts, read 101,937 times
We were told in a recent Manager's meeting by The President of the Company that they are not going into Charlotte. I guess only time will tell. I for one want it bad.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:28 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,840,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harv0621 View Post
We were told in a recent Manager's meeting by The President of the Company that they are not going into Charlotte. I guess only time will tell. I for one want it bad.
if that is true then no store for York County. Because the story I read said they would only come here if there were enough stores, 3+, to support a distribution center. They do not want to service 1-2 stores from Atlanta or where-ever.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:22 PM

2,260 posts, read 2,247,088 times
I used to like Publix here in Atlanta, however they are much more expensive than Kroger now, and often they're lacking in selection.

My biggest gripe with Publix is that their store brands are loaded with trans fats. Refrigerator biscuits have tons more than Pillsbury, and Publix's cookies like oatmeal cookies and crackers have trans fats. That's ridiculous, no other foods like that have them anymore. Shame on Publix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte