U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 04:08 PM

5,150 posts, read 6,662,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-LI View Post
Sweetbay is Food Lion with some polish on it.

HT keeps the Coca Cola artificially high in order to run a "sale" almost every other week. Recently, the sale was "buy 2 get 3 free", which is essentially 5 for 13.00 or 2.60 each. Every so often, they'll run it at a deceptive "buy 3 get 2 free", which looks the same at first glance but is actually 3.90 each.
Current price is $6.79 for a 12 pack. That's crazy. But anything below $3 is great. Pepsi seems to go on sale at 2 get 3 more often to Coke but I could be wrong. The 3 get 2 is like you said deceptive. You have to pay attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 06:16 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,459,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
Current price is $6.79 for a 12 pack. That's crazy.
The online HT Express Lane shows that it's $4.99 this week. Which is still crazy.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:07 PM

5,150 posts, read 6,662,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megax View Post
The online HT Express Lane shows that it's $4.99 this week. Which is still crazy.
Hmmm that's what I checked and got $6.79. Maybe my store isn't on sale.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:56 PM

2,155 posts, read 3,387,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
Hmmm that's what I checked and got $6.79. Maybe my store isn't on sale.
The past few weeks I've received an email with a Saturday special for $1.97, limit 2. It's not on the email this week.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:48 PM

98 posts, read 174,770 times
Default Publix Coupons

While many prefer HT, I absolutely love Publix and was thrilled when they came to the Fort Mill area!! I am a couponer and I would much rather coupon at Publix than HT (except for Super doubles/triples)!
Anyway, I noticed that a couple people were wondering about the coupon doubling policy for Publix. Here is the link to a coupon Q&A from their website:

Publix Coupon Policy

And here is a more detailed coupon policy which shows the coupon doubling policy:

Publix Coupon Policies :: Southern Savers

**Southern Savers has been a long-trusted website for us couponers**

I am not sure why the Publix website doesn't state they will double coupons. Perhaps its because in FLA and parts of GA they do not double at all.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:54 PM

1,076 posts, read 2,001,144 times
Default Publix- Where shopping is a pleasure, really.

There have been posts about Publix on these forums for years. Debates about what does or does not stand it apart from the rest. I was reading this online today and thought I would share what only a Publix shopper knows. I thought it was really cute and well made.

Reasons Why Publix Is The Best Grocery Store To Ever Exist

Old 01-10-2013, 07:49 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,576,763 times
I don't think the author could jerk off Publix any more than that.
I must say, I went to the Publix in Fort Mill and was extremly disappointed with their craft beer selection. There was not one local beer available. If I was a regular shopper there I would have mentioned it to management.

Last edited by rdub1968; 01-10-2013 at 08:37 AM..

Old 01-10-2013, 08:16 AM

3,914 posts, read 3,959,051 times
It's one of the more bubbleheaded things I've seen lately.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:40 PM

409 posts, read 990,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdub1968 View Post
I must say, I went to the Publix in Fort Mill and was extremly disappointed with their craft beer selection. There was not one local beer available. If I was a regular shopper there I would have mentioned it to management.
Did not read the article, but...

I've never seen a Publix with a good beer selection anywhere. I really like their stores, but for some reason they just don't seem to get it when it comes to beer and never really have. I was hoping that the new stores would be good, but like you I dropped into the Fort Mill store and saw that the selection was typical for them.

None of the chains in Charlotte really do either, although Harris Teeter is decent I guess. Best selection you'll find in grocery stores around these parts is in Ingles, but none are in Charlotte.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:55 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,947,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdub1968 View Post
It is a grocery chain. Grocery chains are not known to carry tons of different alcohol/beer products. This is why there exists liqueur stores like ABC. They are in business since they carry more obscure brands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte