Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2013, 10:44 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,990,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
It is a grocery chain. Grocery chains are not known to carry tons of different alcohol/beer products. This is why there exists liqueur stores like ABC. They are in business since they carry more obscure brands.
That is false. I couldn't even find Highland Brewing there, a beer that is one of the easiest NC beers to find in Charlotte. With the explosion of the craft beer market the past 4 years, I expect more from a high end market.
I don't expect to find a barrel aged Foothills People Porter there, but something more than Sierra Nevada is what I expect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 10:53 AM

985 posts, read 1,900,869 times
personally each time I have been in Publix I find people falling all over themselves to help people at that store. Never have had that at HT. They are always restocking and checking produce etc. Which I do see in HT from time to time.

I have never had a problem at Publix, and I go to the one in Indianland. We don't eat much lunch meat etc.

I also feel some of their sales are excellent, and I like that I don't need a "shopping card" to get the specials.

So to be honest I use both stores, and Trader Joe's and .....

Old 01-11-2013, 11:02 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,335,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdub1968 View Post
The deli is the same way in Fort Mill. There does not seem to be any incentive to move things along quicker. I'll stick with HT for my Boar's Head.
I don't think I've ever seen a deli counter that moves quickly in any chain. Now if there was no one in line and someone was waiting that long that's a problem, but 20 minutes does seem like a bit of an exaggeration.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:59 AM

1,076 posts, read 2,367,900 times
I have to agree that the store in Indian Land gave me the complete opposite feeling than the othr poster saying they were slow or rude. I had someone clearly in the middle of doing something stop what they were doing to help me since I had been standing there for about a minute.
I asked someone to point me in the direction of item A, and instead the walked me over to it. Everyone has been so accomodating and polite its not even funny. You almost have to beat the baggers in order to take your own cart to your car. I absolutely love Publix. And whoever said it was bubbleheaded, well to each their own.

I thought it was cute, but only true publix shoppers understand it.

Old 01-14-2013, 04:03 PM

1,585 posts, read 1,930,260 times
I have found absolutely no difference between HT and Publix. Prices on items differ a couple of cents here or there, and the subs cheaper at Publix daily, but HT has footlong Friday. As for customer service how much are you looking for from a grocery store.. Every grocery store in this country is laid out the same. Dairy in the back (Marketing) fresh vegetables in the front (again marketing,) everything else in between makes it easy to find things. As for cashiers and baggers, I could care a less if I have to bag my own stuff, and sure as hell do not need someone to take them to my car.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:17 AM

540 posts, read 1,705,433 times
the selection of products it way different. Publix has more of anything you could want. Go look for Mojo Crillio marinade at HT then go look at Publix.. that's just 1 sample...

Old 01-15-2013, 07:24 AM

1,117 posts, read 2,807,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestem View Post
the selection of products it way different. Publix has more of anything you could want. Go look for Mojo Crillio marinade at HT then go look at Publix.. that's just 1 sample...
Are you saying that a Florida-based chain carries more Cuban-themed items than a Charlotte-based chain?
Interesting.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:55 AM

1,585 posts, read 1,930,260 times
Quote:
I see that stuff everywhere

Old 01-15-2013, 02:37 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,372,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCbound01 View Post
I am a huge fan of Publix, or should I say was. I was very excited for it to come here. I visited the Publix in Indian Land 3 times and all 3 times I received horrible customer service. The Deli is pathetic. I stood there waiting for over 20 minutes for someone to help me. There was one person making sandwiches, but there were two more in the bank, one chatting the other putting some bags away. No one cared I was waiting.
Another time they ran out of egg salad for my wrap, after waiting for 30 minutes for a wrap, 15 of those with the actual deli rep. No apologies, just annoyed that I asked for an egg salad.
The last and final time, I asked where something was and the person said they didn't know and walked away.

Too bad, they hired the wrong people and ruined it.

I'll stick to Harris Teeter where the service is stellar and in 6 years have never ever had bad service.
Quote:
I LOVE Publix and was very excited to recently visit the Indian Land one. One of the best things I liked about it is the availability of ethnic items. While I did find some new and interesting ethnic items in the freezer section, when I went to the international/ethnic isle, I was pretty shocked. The Carribean/Hispanic section was about 3 feet long, three of the shelves had spices with things like oregano, black pepper, garlic, etc. really???? Since when is black pepper something that is limited to hispanics? The Kosher section had common staples like Lipton Onion Soup mix. There were tons of examples like this. Now I don't doubt that hispanics use black pepper or jewish people use onion soup mix, but to put it in that section is a total waste of space that could be used to provide other products.... if its somewhere else in the store, it doesn't belong in the international section, in my opinion. Very dissapointed.... I find better variety at Walmart.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:42 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,409,287 times
I'm just excited to see Publix get a really nice urban store. I work for Publix and like the company, but hate the fact that every store you basically need a car to get to. I guess that comes with being in the South.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte