Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 08:22 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,522,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
They allow RED SOX fans into the state of North Carolina??? Oh no, now I'm going to have to re-think this whole relocation "thing". LOL!
Amazing isn't it? My only request, please, no Johnny Damon shirts! (snicker)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2006, 08:26 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,700,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Amazing isn't it? My only request, please, no Johnny Damon shirts! (snicker)
For a minute I thought I was going to have to return my Joe Torre t-shirt!

Thanks Georgie!

Old 10-10-2006, 09:15 PM

98 posts, read 814,755 times
hey mike? r u from ny also? where in waxhaw are you?

Old 10-11-2006, 12:14 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,522,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC2STAY View Post
hey mike? r u from ny also? where in waxhaw are you?
Hi NC2Stay...just PM'd you.

Old 10-11-2006, 06:27 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,743,796 times
Quote:
hey y'all! i just joined this sight the other day and have been looking onto differnt threads, kinda checkin' 'em out - so to speak and then i saw the title of this one and decided to jump on the band wagon. i too am from ny and have moved down here. i live with my hubby and our 7 yr. old son in waxhaw and we love it. i wouldn't go back to ny if ya paid me! it was a great move for us, definately the right decision. now... i haven't truly read thru this thread, is it mostly former new yorker's on here or what?
And NJerseyans! How long have you been here, NC2STAY? My brother is having a house built in Waxhaw. How do you like it?

Old 10-11-2006, 06:42 AM

check out my info. on the thread "Recently relocated from Nassau County, NY to Charlotte, NC anyone want advice?" and you can read all about it. :-) it is to much info. to rewrite, LOL!!! what's the story with you? r u living here also? are u from ny too?

Old 10-11-2006, 08:31 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,743,796 times
Quote:
check out my info. on the thread "Recently relocated from Nassau County, NY to Charlotte, NC anyone want advice?" and you can read all about it. :-) it is to much info. to rewrite, LOL!!! what's the story with you? r u living here also? are u from ny too?
I just read it. Good post! Now brace yourself. You'll most likely be bombarded with posters who know what's best for you and will tell you you are new here and may hate it in a few years and then it will be too late to go back to NY.

Or maybe now that I said it for them, they won't bother.

I'm from NJ-only been here since July and loving it!

Old 10-11-2006, 09:12 AM

hey ncmom! i am not concern with what other people think, but i do thank you for speaking you mind. we should all do it and be honest with ourselves an others, i couldn't live my life any other way. with that said, this is how my hbby and i see it. my name is lori by the way, what's yours?

we sold our house in ny at the right time. the market was high and just started to tip in the other direction. we made a great profit and wasn't ever going to ever make another penny out of that house. we took almost all of that and put it into our new house which has already increased in price, so if i wanted to go back to ny - which i DON'T - i would be in a better financial situation now than i ever was. so to the people who say you can't go back - fooey! now, in keeping most of our money in our house and making more now on top of it, we feel good about this. we figure with the rate of growth for the area, the school district we are in, our location, etc. we will make a good penny down the road. now, do i see myself retiring in this house.. i don't know, but i will be here for my son as the elementary school is left than 2 miles away and the new middle and high schools are even closer. i will definately be here until my son finishes college and also until he finds his way in life, helping him along as parents do. my husband and i have already decided that if our son moves out of this state, we will be following him - so how long will we be here? we are here for a long time right now. will we be here forever? who knows? my son loves it here and so o all of the other ids he plays with - i nick-named them "the cul-de-sac kids" and they love it!!! LOL! as long as my son is happy and financialy we are able to crack this nut ever month, let people say what they will say, but this new yorker - oh excuse me - but this former new yorker is here to stay for the long hall. how's that for a reply? lol!!! (please remember to read what i write very light heartedly - i am like my dad, a joker and always trying to make people laugh or smile. i hope i am doing at least a little of that here.)

talk to ya soon!!!

Old 10-11-2006, 05:34 PM

13 posts, read 57,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
NC2Stay welcome to Waxhaw, we are here too and are very happy.
unbelievable how many people i'm hearing about from the ny area moving to NC. even more unbelievable is the number of people relocating to the southern charlotte area. talk about small world, i'm also moving to waxhaw. any good advice or tips about waxhaw and surrounding areas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte