Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 04:06 PM

348 posts, read 429,922 times

Advertisements

I've been trolling here on the Charlotte boards for quite some time. As many of you already know, I've been in Charlotte with my hubby and 2 kids (4 months and 3 1/2) for two years now. Hubby (39) is a NJ native and I (36) am from NYC. We currently live in South Charlotte just over the Union County border, and will likely make the move over to Union county in the coming year.

Like most folks from the north east that have come or are thinking of coming here, we pretty much gave up our family and friends to make the trek down. We don't regret it for a moment, but of course, it would be great to connect with folks like us from the northeast.

So, I'm thinking we should try connecting and doing a fun gathering of folks as the summer winds down. If you're interested, do send me a private message with a personal email address, where you live in Charlotte, and a bit about your family if possible (kids/no kids, whatever), how long you've been here or when you intend to arrive. I will then create a workable list of folks that would be interested in getting together. Should we get significant interest, perhaps we can all meet for a Yankee style BBQ bash.

Looking forward to hearing from former yankees!

Lisa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2006, 03:16 PM

77 posts, read 461,218 times
Sounds like fun but I'm still in New York. (sigh) I had to chuckle at "former yankee". I hate to tell you that you will always be a yankee. My son and his wife live in Mooresville for eight yrs. now. They have two boys who where born in NC. They were teased that their children are still yankees despite being born in NC. After all if the cat had kittens in the oven you wouldn't call them biscuits.

Old 09-22-2006, 08:28 AM

16 posts, read 53,445 times
What a great idea..............for both current former New Yorkers and potential relocation folks

Old 09-22-2006, 03:13 PM

17 posts, read 75,192 times
Lisa -- where are you? What a great idea!

Your post sounds just like mine would -- we relocated from NY to South Charlotte in 1998 and now we are in Hunter Oaks...

Old 09-27-2006, 09:30 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,753,814 times
Sounds great, lisaf! A few others have just landed-maybe we can spark some interest?

Old 09-27-2006, 11:16 AM

531 posts, read 2,011,192 times
Sounds like a great idea! I have been here almost 2 years and could not imagine going back up north. Hopefully a few will join in the fun! Keep us posted!

Old 09-28-2006, 03:39 PM

244 posts, read 1,050,315 times
When we get down there, I'll join the club!

Good to hear a few people have been there a couple of years and still like it. Can you tell us a little more? How is the area from when you bought it two years back?

Old 09-28-2006, 05:52 PM

531 posts, read 2,011,192 times
There is a new develpment starting about a mile from my house, they added a local Wal-mart and Target, they have added a few mobile trailers to my sons school, and are adding turning lanes on Seacrest Shortcut Road/Idlewild Road. Those are all of the major developments that I have noticed since being here. It is still a beautiful area with very friendly people. I am still as happy here now as when we moved here!

Old 09-28-2006, 09:22 PM

244 posts, read 1,050,315 times
That's wonderful that it's a positive move for you, Danevder.

I wonder how it goes for those that move after the initial newness starts to wear off. Thanks for sharing.

Old 09-30-2006, 06:53 AM

348 posts, read 429,922 times
Okay, people, I've gotten quite a few positive messages on starting the Yankee Club. For others who remain interested, please do shoot me a private message (to do this, you simply go up to the right hand corner of the screen and click on the box that says Private Messages) or you can just post a reply to this thread.

At the end of this week, I'll collect the folks who are interested and we'll select a place to have our BBQ Shindig. Let's aim at possibly getting together Saturday, October 7th or 14th (Depending on rain and availablility of people to show).

So, here's your last chance to shoot a message if you're interested! I look forward to meeting you!

Best! Lisa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte