U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2012, 02:59 PM

111 posts, read 180,465 times

Advertisements

Where would you rather live of these two cities? I have an opportunity to live in both cities, but have to pick. My job is promoting me and they've asked me which office i would like to move to. I have family in both FL and the Charlotte area. So Im torn. Where would you go and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2012, 06:07 PM

904 posts, read 1,401,804 times
Maybe you should ask. Why do we like and choose to live in Charlotte? We can't compare living in Tampa if we don't live there as well.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:28 PM

111 posts, read 180,465 times
Arrow Good Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCRugbyNo1 View Post
Maybe you should ask. Why do we like and choose to live in Charlotte? We can't compare living in Tampa if we don't live there as well.
Okay. Good point. Thanks! So why do you like living in Charlotte & the surrounding areas?

Old 04-15-2012, 10:05 PM

44 posts, read 92,783 times
We moved here from California a year and a half ago and think the Charlotte area is wonderful!
We live in Matthews, on the Southeast side of Charlotte and it has a wonderful small town feel.
The landscape here is beautiful. Trees everywhere, rolling hills, most neighborhoods have decent lot sizes, and you can be in the "middle" of Charlotte, and yet it feels like you're driving down a country road.
It's not too big and not too small. A couple of hours to the mountains, a few hours to the beaches.
Only thing I don't like are the gas prices and the state taxes.

I hope that helps.
My best to you in your decision making process - and congratulations on the promotion. That's wonderful!

Old 04-16-2012, 04:56 AM

925 posts, read 1,858,764 times
I have never lived in Tampa, but I lived just about everywhere else in Florida for 22 years. I have been in Charlotte for 4 years. Both are nice.

I loved Florida. I love the beach and the hot weather and even the humidity. Downside to Florida: people(most) were not friendly, it was like everyone for themselves. I did make several friends that I still have after 20 years. I do know when we went to the Gulf coast, the traffic was awful because of the senior citizens. And you do have snow birds to deal with in the winter, however, the snowbirds and tourists are the ones that pay your state taxes so you learn to live with it. Upside, no state taxes in Florida so your take home pay is more. When I first moved to Florida, I was young and single and it was great. After I married and had children, I wasn't so sure I wanted to raise my children there.

I like Charlotte. I don't live in the city, but it has nice southern home feel. The people I have met have been wonderful. My kids love it. I hate winter, fortunately for me, the winters haven't been that bad. Last summer, humidity compared to Florida. All is was missing was the beach. Taxes are crazy. My husband's salary is more, but take home is less.

Would I go back to Florida? Absolutely! Do I like it here? Absolutely. It depends on what you like. A lot of people move there and can't take the heat and miss the seasons. That was what I heard the whole time I was there. If you are a summer beach person, it would be great for you. If you like the mountains and the leaves,probably not.

I hope this helped a little.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:16 AM

359 posts, read 1,016,123 times
As someone who has lived in the Tampa bay area (St. Petersburg) for 7 yrs, and now here in Charlotte for 4 1/2 yrs, I can say that between TPA and CLT, CLT is clearly the winner. Super weather, not too hot, not too cold, With exception of course, seasons are wonderful to have, people here are super nice. and Charlotte is still building up, while I think Tampa is just getting more and more run down. Traffic here is much better as well, try sitting on I 275 for two hrs during rush hr, ugh..
Just my two cents.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:42 AM

14,693 posts, read 23,121,564 times
Tampa, we're full up here.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:44 PM

925 posts, read 1,858,764 times
darling976. How long have you been here? I'm not sure what the norm is supposed to be here. But the winter before last was freezing! My neighbor that moved here from New York had said the winter before that she loved it and that winter she was complaining as much as I was. LOL and last summer was exceptionally hot and humid, just like Florida. I thought I was there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte