Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 08:05 AM

97 posts, read 276,738 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Dallas so we will be putting our house on the market in June. Wondering if anyone has any feedback about how quickly it might sell. We are going to list it via the Realtor we worked with when we bought it 10 years ago and she says she thinks it'll take six months max. Is that realistic?

It's 1555 sq feet, 3 br, 2 fb, 2 car garage and an attic. Fifth of an acre lot, fenced. Zoned for awesome CMS schools. A mile from Blakeney shopping center, adjacent to Ballantyne. Our neighborhood has a great pool, tennis courts, and basketball courts. Tons of families and we live on an interior neighborhood street, with a cul de sac.

Will be priced under $200,000, which is really good for the area - we are in 28277 and are in the most affordable neighborhood in the zip code. We have upgraded a lot in the past five years - new a/c, new furnace, new oven, new water heater, new carpet and new exterior and interior paint.

I just want to be realistic... And am so nervous!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 11:17 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,489,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCtoTX2012 View Post
We are moving to Dallas so we will be putting our house on the market in June. Wondering if anyone has any feedback about how quickly it might sell. We are going to list it via the Realtor we worked with when we bought it 10 years ago and she says she thinks it'll take six months max. Is that realistic?

It's 1555 sq feet, 3 br, 2 fb, 2 car garage and an attic. Fifth of an acre lot, fenced. Zoned for awesome CMS schools. A mile from Blakeney shopping center, adjacent to Ballantyne. Our neighborhood has a great pool, tennis courts, and basketball courts. Tons of families and we live on an interior neighborhood street, with a cul de sac.

Will be priced under $200,000, which is really good for the area - we are in 28277 and are in the most affordable neighborhood in the zip code. We have upgraded a lot in the past five years - new a/c, new furnace, new oven, new water heater, new carpet and new exterior and interior paint.

I just want to be realistic... And am so nervous!
Do you live in Landen Meadows?

Given your price point and school assignment you should sell within six months for sure.

Though of course nobody can promise that, and much depends on the condition of the home itself (which does sound good)

Best of luck for a quick sale!

Old 04-22-2012, 07:21 AM

97 posts, read 276,738 times
Bingo! That's exactly right. It's silly I know but hearing a stranger be as optimistic as our Realtor is very encouraging! Our neighborhood is full of young families and grandparents who have followed their kids here from other cities with a higher cost of living.

Old 04-22-2012, 03:33 PM

55 posts, read 80,304 times
Which neighborhood? We LOVE Ballantyne....hoping to get there soon..

Old 04-22-2012, 04:25 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,694,982 times
No matter what anyone says, tells or thinks, it is about the money.

Is your $/square foot in line with comps. If less, you will sell quick, if no, you wont. It is that simple.

No one is going to pay more in this market. If you want to sell quick, price under comps. All the upgrades and amenities do not affect price, they just help you sell quicker. Remember $/foot square.

I am not a realtor, I am their nemesis.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:36 PM

176 posts, read 289,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
No matter what anyone says, tells or thinks, it is about the money.

Is your $/square foot in line with comps. If less, you will sell quick, if no, you wont. It is that simple.

No one is going to pay more in this market. If you want to sell quick, price under comps. All the upgrades and amenities do not affect price, they just help you sell quicker. Remember $/foot square.

I am not a realtor, I am their nemesis.

Going to have to partially disagree - at least based on my recent experience. I'm shopping south charlotte homes between fair view and 51. We've seen at least a dozen updated homes in desirable neighborhoods seling in days while homes with dated kitchens, etc., sit through multiple rounds of price cutting.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:12 AM

2,767 posts, read 5,133,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeNC View Post
Going to have to partially disagree - at least based on my recent experience. I'm shopping south charlotte homes between fair view and 51. We've seen at least a dozen updated homes in desirable neighborhoods seling in days while homes with dated kitchens, etc., sit through multiple rounds of price cutting.
I agree, updated homes sell first. Most important: kitchen, bathrooms, overall cleanness aspect.
Once someone falls in love with a house, they'll justify the higher cost. However, a low priced house (low $/ft) could stay on the market for long time if it is dated.

Last edited by 28173; 04-24-2012 at 07:38 AM..

Old 04-24-2012, 06:39 AM

286 posts, read 687,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28173 View Post
I agree, updated homes sell first. Most important: kitchen, bathrooms, overall cleanness aspect.
Once someone fall in love with a house, they'll justify the higher cost. However, a low priced house (low $/ft) could stay on the market for long time if it is dated.
As a future buyer, I will be looking for this ^^^ - updated kitchen, bath, flooring, etc.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:06 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,754,901 times
Price per Square is all that matters. Look at the inventory comparable to yours that is active and sold. Then look at the condition of it, updates that add value compared to others, etc.. then price yours accordingly. If you go too high it will sit. Everyday it sits it's worth LESS.

It shouldn't take 6 months to sell that house right now.

Old 04-24-2012, 03:10 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,808,367 times
I'd set the over/under at 3 months if it's in good shape and not overpriced. Good luck. Its nerve-racking getting the text from the showing service not knowing what the viewer is going to think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte