U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2012, 07:53 AM

4 posts, read 6,630 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a tree to get married under, with a grassy area for setting up 60-75 chairs. I can't seem to find anything other than a couple (very expensive) flower gardens. And while the gardens are pretty, my dream was always to get married under a tree, so the gardens are not really necessary, especially when that's what the high rental fees are primarily going toward. Anyone have any ideas about a tree with grassy area or courtyard in/around Charlotte? Thanks!

Holly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 07:57 AM

1,865 posts, read 4,783,488 times
The gazebo in my subdivision in Mooresville has been used many times for bridal & prom photos. Have you checked out any subdivisions near you? They might have something you could use. Congratulations on your Big Day!!

Old 04-25-2012, 08:55 AM

19 posts, read 46,383 times
Here is one.

Use 6996 Old Pineville Rd, Charlotte, NC as the address in Google and do a street view.

This is on Old Pineville Road right after you cross the Victory Christian Center Pre-School if going north towards Archdale.

Another point of reference is to drive on Old Pineville Rd between Arrowood & Archdale Light rail stops. This spot is on the left going towards Archdale.

Wide open space with one big tree in the center. Cant miss it.

I wish there were a way for me to do a screen-grab of the street view. But I am sure, if you do a drive by you may end up liking it.

Good luck and best wishes

Old 04-25-2012, 11:25 AM

371 posts, read 985,915 times
Check the parks and rec websites. I'm sure there has to be something there that would fit the bill. Freedom Park comes to mind.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:14 PM

3,115 posts, read 6,128,507 times
I don't have a suggestion, just want to say that I love your idea. What a beautiful and precious ceremony you will have! Congratulations and best wishes!

Old 04-25-2012, 06:49 PM

186 posts, read 371,479 times
Check out Jetton Park in Cornelius. I have seen many weddings there, mostly on the water front, but there are several areas with large oaks. There is also this place off Gilead Rd in Huntersville called The Park at Huntersville, its sort of a business park type deal but its huge. There are a ton of really big trees in there and grassy areas.

Old 04-25-2012, 08:00 PM

578 posts, read 2,352,626 times
There's a beautiful church with lots of trees on the north (?) side of the CPCC central campus.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:49 PM

128 posts, read 186,914 times
Here's the park and rec site for weddings - I have seen the Independence Rose Garden set up for more than 10 though. Wedding

St. Mary's Chapel is the church I think you're referring to (it's in the link.) I believe it's on the west side of CPCC.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:23 AM

2,352 posts, read 4,025,244 times
We went to Freedom Park last weekend, and there were so many great spots for a wedding! Someone was actually getting married that day.

Info about renting the space is here -
Park and Rec Reservations

This was the wedding site. On the little island, beside the bandshell. Lovely weeping willow.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or