Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 03:57 PM

22 posts, read 58,123 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know how long this is suppose to last; the traffice was bad to begin with but now its just insane
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 05:54 PM

97 posts, read 277,154 times
It's ridiculous that they are repaying this road to begin with. What a waste of our money!

I read thatbitbwill be another two weeks. The traffic is insane. Why do people slow down to like 20mph just because the pavement has been scored for repaving?

Old 04-26-2012, 06:25 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,602,543 times
It will last until the next one starts. The reason people slow down is so they can dodge the sewer covers or whatever they are that stick up from the road after scoring.

Not saying they should, but that's why they do.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:58 PM

103 posts, read 144,217 times
Traffic is miserable, we need more layoffs so people can get to work faster.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:06 PM

98 posts, read 200,405 times
Because some of us are trying to keep our tires in good shape and not damage the underside of our cars. Also the speed limit is ONLY 40 MPH so its NOT a fast road, contrary to the drivers that drive it every day and FLY past me while I'm doing the speed limit!!

Anyway, I hate that they have torn up the WHOLE road, why couldn't they just focus on one part or one lane????

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCtoTX2012 View Post
It's ridiculous that they are repaying this road to begin with. What a waste of our money!

I read thatbitbwill be another two weeks. The traffic is insane. Why do people slow down to like 20mph just because the pavement has been scored for repaving?

Old 04-26-2012, 09:08 PM

98 posts, read 200,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaganite22 View Post
Traffic is miserable, we need more layoffs so people can get to work faster.

Wow. I am almost speechless. Wow. Is that how you really feel?? Tell you what, send me your address and I'll send you ALL my bills so that we are two less cars on the road for ya! Oh yeah, I expect all those bills to be paid on time right away!!! !

Old 04-27-2012, 06:14 AM

11,412 posts, read 7,797,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWCHARLOTTE View Post
Does anyone know how long this is suppose to last; the traffice was bad to begin with but now its just insane
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's about to a get a whole lot worse. They're starting the widening of Rea Road from Hwy 51 down to where Rea turns into Colony.

That part of Rea will become like Colony: 2 lanes divided by planted medians with bike lanes and sidewalks on both sides. In addition, they will be building bridges over the parts of Rea that have big dips. A rework of the Hwy 51/Rea Rd crossing is also part of the plan with the addition of pedestrian islands and push button cross walks.

The whole project is expected to take 2 years. As someone who lives in a neighborhood off Rea, I know it's gonna be a mess, but in the end it will add to the walkability of the area.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:28 AM
NDL

4,516 posts, read 5,641,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
That part of Rea will become like Colony: 2 lanes divided by planted medians with bike lanes and sidewalks on both sides. In addition, they will be building bridges over the parts of Rea that have big dips. A rework of the Hwy 51/Rea Rd crossing is also part of the plan with the addition of pedestrian islands and push button cross walks.
Please, please, PLEASE tell me you're joking.

As much as I find that section of Charlotte beautiful, southbound traffic on that segment of Rea Road is insane during rush hour.

Please tell me they're turning that segment of Rea Road into two lanes in each direction with a center median, plantings and bike lanes.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:18 AM

286 posts, read 688,762 times
Wow, I didn't know that. I live off Rea and Ballantyne.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:03 AM

11,412 posts, read 7,797,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
Please, please, PLEASE tell me you're joking.

As much as I find that section of Charlotte beautiful, southbound traffic on that segment of Rea Road is insane during rush hour.

Please tell me they're turning that segment of Rea Road into two lanes in each direction with a center median, plantings and bike lanes.
Nope. It'll still be 1 lane in each direction just like Colony. There will be some turn lanes into neighborhoods added.

Here's the website with info on the project: http://charmeck.org/city/charlotte/e...20Project.aspx
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: