U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 09:31 PM

8,402 posts, read 20,287,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeytonC View Post
That is music that our future business leaders listen to! It's the new Beethoven! You have to be a genius to listen to it. /sarcasm

What losers! They glorify anonymous & trashy sex, dey be rich 'cause dey gotz money fawlin out dey pockets, and everyone stares at them and loves them! Haha they are complete morons, as well as anyone who likes the trash.
I think it's rap's modern take on Starland Vocal Band's "Afternoon Delight".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 09:48 PM

11,723 posts, read 9,349,304 times
Wow... I guess the mild weather theory doesn't give you guys enough chances to show your ignorance. Carry on....

Old 04-30-2012, 10:01 PM

I'm far from the problem. I'm a married man with no kids... I've worked for homeless shelters and every summer I open my doors to a young male so he can attend uncc programs.

You think you are part of the solution because you posted rap lyrics on CD? LOL. Okay Tipper Gore!

Old 04-30-2012, 10:27 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,495,490 times
Guys if your going evolve this thread on other topics which is fine,
as long as you show how it relates to topic of the thread -crime spike in the Charlotte area
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/coastal-north-carolina/"]Coastal [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/western-north-carolina/"]Western [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/charlotte/"]Charlotte [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/york-lancaster-counties/"]York & Lancaster[/URL]

[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html"]Terms of Service. No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks[/URL]

Old 05-01-2012, 04:13 AM

1,474 posts, read 3,368,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I'm far from the problem. I'm a married man with no kids... I've worked for homeless shelters and every summer I open my doors to a young male so he can attend uncc programs.

You think you are part of the solution because you posted rap lyrics on CD? LOL. Okay Tipper Gore!
You're not always very bright, are you? You're like an angry child picking through this thread giving random thoughts, trying to spout off little insults when you get offended. It's okay. Sometimes the grownups say things that take a little more thought. I've shared my opinions on this subject, but sometimes we all need to know when to stop and save our energy for truly intellectual conversation. Obviously this isn't the place, since the thread was geared towards a specific issue to our area. It has gone way off topic, but I would like to see the deeper issues discussed more in the debate forum. Grownups only, of course.

Last edited by PeytonC; 05-01-2012 at 04:24 AM..

Old 05-01-2012, 04:37 AM

Quote:
You're not always very bright, are you? You're like an angry child picking through this thread giving random thoughts, trying to spout off little insults when you get offended. It's okay. Sometimes the grownups say things that take a little more thought. I've shared my opinions on this subject, but sometimes we all need to know when to stop and save our energy for truly intellectual conversation. Obviously this isn't the place, since the thread was geared towards a specific issue to our area. It has gone way off topic, but I would like to see the deeper issues discussed more in the debate forum. Grownups only, of course.

Nice try.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:57 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,034,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post

Thank you for giving some real examples of what folks can do to create stronger communities, step up as a role model, and hopefully inspire a young person along the way to become a good citizen rather than a wanna be gangsta.

We can do all sorts of defensive things such as neighborhood watch, but that is too late in the life cycle of crime. Inspiring a young person to stay in school, fight the drug culture, act as a role model to younger kids--those things can help break the cycle of violence, give a child hope and goals.

Change starts at home, but some kids are not going to have a role model at home. Someone will fill that role, positively or negatively.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:06 AM

Quote:
That is music that our future business leaders listen to! It's the new Beethoven! You have to be a genius to listen to it. /sarcasm

What losers! They glorify anonymous & trashy sex, dey be rich 'cause dey gotz money fawlin out dey pockets, and everyone stares at them and loves them! Haha they are complete morons, as well as anyone who likes the trash.
Music definitely has an effect on a person's outlook. There are highly regarded studies regarding the effect music has on the body itself and on brain function, as well as how thought processes are affected by repeated phrases.

Our music reflects our outlook on life. Of course, as with all art, it is how the listener internalizes lyrics as to how it affects them psychologically. Amusement is quite different than embracing lyrics as an "anthem."

Some of the criminals in this area are working on making themselves appear big and bad. Others are just lost. Some are career criminals who are not interested in changing.

Angy antisocial people gravitate to music that expresses how they feel. If the music doesn't exist, they will create it.

Last edited by brokensky; 05-01-2012 at 05:19 AM..

Old 05-01-2012, 05:25 AM

Well this country's worst riots took place in the long hot summers. So is it gonna get worse in the coming months?

I don't see the criminal element being organized enough to do much more than they are doing now--random crime to raise some cash pawning your and my belongings.

If there are riots at the DNC I predict it will come from outsiders importing the violence.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
You don't fudge away 3 murders in one weekend. Or a doubling of homicide rate.

If I had to pick a reason that crime is up, I would probably guess that it is because more poorly raised kids are growing up and mimicking what they saw as a child. But, they're one-upping their predecessors. It's a natural progression or evolution. Add to that a bunch of weak sentencing and you've got an easy reason for an increase in crime.
I am thinking a lot of the crime is drug related, meaning the violence is either b/c someone owes someone else money, or folks are drugged out of their heads when they commit the crimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte