U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 06:04 PM

52 posts, read 51,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
The stat isn't racism. ClevelandMike's comment is. The issue at hand is crime and combating it. Not bitching about "certain groups."
Why do you assume "certain groups" means race?

I think you are going out of your way to find racism here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 06:49 PM

3,914 posts, read 3,945,062 times
If you asked everyone here to immediately to write down their definition of "racism" it would be my prediction that none of the answers would be the same. But they will all have 2 things in common:
  1. Some other group does it.
  2. Their group is harmed by it.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:40 PM

1,475 posts, read 3,368,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I'm happy your father made a way for his family but if you lived in the "projects" then you relied on some cheap government housing to get back on your feet. I hope you don't think there is something wrong with that...
I concede, We did use government help. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Not if done the way my dad used it. He moved to a new area, had to start a new career, and had two kids to raise. For a year or so, until he got back on his feet, we used subsidised housing. We didn;t stay there for long, and definitely didn't make a lifestyle out of it, along with using government food assistance programs for life.
Quote:

In my opinion it sounds like you listen to right wing radio because you are spouting off a lot of the "left is bad, liberals are to blame" talking points.
Haha nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, I don't listen to ANY extremists on the radio. Where are these "talking points" you are refering to? Could it possibly be that you disagree with my opinions, so you try to discount them by labelling them "talking points"? Surely not.

Quote:

There is no left out to get you... no libs out to steal everything you have... Reagan raised taxes... it's not an evil thing, although raising taxes sucks and is frustrating but so is cutting taxes while starting 2 wars, setting taxcuts to expire and then crying about taxing the rich and stealing SS money that people paid into and not repaying it and then blaming the elders for being greedy for wanting what they paid for...
Again, you seem to be talking with the assumption that I am a right-wing, Rush fanatic. Nothing could be further from the truth. If I had to label myself, I would put my views closer to those of Libertarians. There are nutjobs on all sides. I just feel that the left has way more of them.

Quote:
..and if every race has their own set of problems then it's obvious to me that "one size fixes all" won't get you the best results.
Okay??

Old 04-29-2012, 08:09 PM

11,723 posts, read 9,351,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeytonC View Post
I concede, We did use government help. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Not if done the way my dad used it. He moved to a new area, had to start a new career, and had two kids to raise. For a year or so, until he got back on his feet, we used subsidised housing. We didn;t stay there for long, and definitely didn't make a lifestyle out of it, along with using government food assistance programs for life.

Haha nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, I don't listen to ANY extremists on the radio. Where are these "talking points" you are refering to? Could it possibly be that you disagree with my opinions, so you try to discount them by labelling them "talking points"? Surely not.

Again, you seem to be talking with the assumption that I am a right-wing, Rush fanatic. Nothing could be further from the truth. If I had to label myself, I would put my views closer to those of Libertarians. There are nutjobs on all sides. I just feel that the left has way more of them.

Okay??
When you talk about being branded a racist, blaming the left for being apologist etc.... its no different then blaming "the man"

It came across like the typical rant on "the left"

My apologies for assuming...

Old 04-29-2012, 08:26 PM

1,475 posts, read 3,368,795 times
I don't blame the left for keeping me from becoming successful. I point out their hypocrisy and foolishness. That's the difference.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:28 PM

49 posts, read 135,598 times
Moving a long from the circular argument of racism, one reason crime has spiked has to do with these massive apartment complexes developers keep putting up in outer-ring suburbs. I was getting a key made at Lowes the other day and the guy doing it was discussing with me the jump in break-ins in the Steele Creek area as a result of all the apartments they put up around the Rivergate shopping plaza. He said he gets a good flow of people come in looking to change locks and the likes because of it and the blame all seems to point to the type of people those apartment complexes attract.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:39 PM

4,761 posts, read 6,415,909 times
Certainly you will see an increase statistically. Blaming dwvelopers for building housing is like blaming farmers for people getting fat. I will give you that new, mid-to-high end apartments will attract thieves, the developers and tenants typically are not the ones causing the problems. You lnow, don't crap where you eat. You could expect an increase in break-ins if you built houses on the moon. More residential units always equals more break-ins. Every time.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:02 PM

809 posts, read 1,918,205 times
Why does the truth make so many very angry? It's the truth. Statically, speaking, unfortunately, it's reality in this situation.

Argue it, make excuses, be blind to it, blame it on economics or we can look at it for what it is and ask ourselves; What can we do to make a difference?

I don't understand the venom where truth exist.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:58 AM

1,547 posts, read 2,170,932 times
I tried to listen to the words, but do not understand this language very well. I was able to pick out the "N" word several times, but no much else.
The rant sounds hateful, but I could be wrong.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:14 AM

8,402 posts, read 20,292,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
I tried to listen to the words, but do not understand this language very well. I was able to pick out the "N" word several times, but no much else.
The rant sounds hateful, but I could be wrong.
If you're referring to the Waka Flacka song, it sounds like every other song I hear booming at a stoplight, or now, unfortunately, when one of my neighbors buddies comes over. Pointless and extreme profanity, *****z, butchered English, the same fast ts ts ts ts ts electronic cymbal track, the same BOOM BOOM bassline. Somewhere there must be a backing music album for angry rap, kind of like karaoke. You play it, shout profanity, racist slurs, misogny and ugliness over it in a monotone, and call it your rap masterpiece.

I miss the old rap, when it was fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte