Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 11:23 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,550,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
maybe the police changed the way they report crime stats? stats get adjusted or tweaked all the time.

Funny thing is, when the numbers drop everyone screams foul play or number fudging.. maybe the stat fudger was canned?

I'm willing to bet my house rap music isn't the reason crime is rising in S. Charlotte. LOL
So what are you willing to bet the crime increase is from?
Nice to hear you actually could suggest something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 11:39 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,830,787 times
You don't fudge away 3 murders in one weekend. Or a doubling of homicide rate.

If I had to pick a reason that crime is up, I would probably guess that it is because more poorly raised kids are growing up and mimicking what they saw as a child. But, they're one-upping their predecessors. It's a natural progression or evolution. Add to that a bunch of weak sentencing and you've got an easy reason for an increase in crime.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:56 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,273,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeytonC View Post
I don't blame the left for keeping me from becoming successful. I point out their hypocrisy and foolishness. That's the difference.
Trust me, the left ain't got a lock on hypocrisy and foolishness. The difference is you only pay attention or give weight to those charges when it seems to be "left" based. There is a reason the country is split down the middle, almost 50-50 with political leanings, so 50% of the folk will side with you and the other 50% will see the hypocrisy and foolishness that you will either ignore or shrug off as not that big a deal.

I've always been intrigued by folks who will swear to their grave that those "other" guys don't know what they're talking about...that's really part of the problem, "we are right, they are wrong". That's the thing that irks me about some of the folk on the right...tossing around terms like "true patriot", "freedom" etc as if ONLY republicans die/died for this country or care about it.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:12 PM

1,619 posts, read 3,871,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Trust me, the left ain't got a lock on hypocrisy and foolishness. The difference is you only pay attention or give weight to those charges when it seems to be "left" based. There is a reason the country is split down the middle, almost 50-50 with political leanings, so 50% of the folk will side with you and the other 50% will see the hypocrisy and foolishness that you will either ignore or shrug off as not that big a deal.

I've always been intrigued by folks who will swear to their grave that those "other" guys don't know what they're talking about...that's really part of the problem, "we are right, they are wrong". That's the thing that irks me about some of the folk on the right...tossing around terms like "true patriot", "freedom" etc as if ONLY republicans die/died for this country or care about it.

I never said any side has a lock on the idiots. I did say that the left has way more IMO. If you read this whole thread, you would see that I stated that I don't follow either side or ideology exclusively. They all have their decent points. When it comes to social issues, especially in the area we have discussed in here, the left is way off base, by making excuses and pretty much forgetting the concept of personal responsibility. That's my opinion.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:59 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
So what are you willing to bet the crime increase is from?
Nice to hear you actually could suggest something.
it would be much easier to suggest something if half the post in here weren't about race and rap music or slamming the other side for being kooks or hypocrites...

anyways...

I blame nice weather... criminals love nice weather and we really didn't have a winter this year.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeytonC View Post
I never said any side has a lock on the idiots. I did say that the left has way more IMO. If you read this whole thread, you would see that I stated that I don't follow either side or ideology exclusively. They all have their decent points. When it comes to social issues, especially in the area we have discussed in here, the left is way off base, by making excuses and pretty much forgetting the concept of personal responsibility. That's my opinion.

I don't see how bashing the left helps this discussion.

What does the left or right have to do with this?

Old 04-30-2012, 01:26 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,830,787 times
No bashing will help solve what is a real problem. One day, some of you will wake up and realize that all of your political commentary has made absolutely no difference in anyone's life and then you can move on and begin solving problems instead of bashing donkeys and elephants.

Before anyone whines, this was not directed at anyone in particular.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:07 PM

1,546 posts, read 2,550,320 times
Quote:
it would be much easier to suggest something if half the post in here weren't about race and rap music or slamming the other side for being kooks or hypocrites...

anyways...

I blame nice weather... criminals love nice weather and we really didn't have a winter this year.
Criticism instead, because it easier than thinking of solutions to fix the increase in crime?

I got it!!!

Old 04-30-2012, 03:14 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,215,373 times
Quote:
maybe the police changed the way they report crime stats? stats get adjusted or tweaked all the time.

Funny thing is, when the numbers drop everyone screams foul play or number fudging.. maybe the stat fudger was canned?

I'm willing to bet my house rap music isn't the reason crime is rising in S. Charlotte. LOL
The music itself isn't the reason. But have no doubt that many of the criminals in question are big fans of the uglier side of rap music. I know you want to pretend that isn't the truth, but it is.

A partial solution would be to convince people that what is glorified in some rap music is an absolute dead end for anyone but the rappers themselves.

WBTV just reported that crime is up 23% over the same period last year.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
Criticism instead, because it easier than thinking of solutions to fix the increase in crime?

I got it!!!
LOL. Pot meet Kettle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte