Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 02:24 PM

57 posts, read 147,718 times

Advertisements

Loves Mountains-can you give me cross streets that would put me in Oakhurst or tell me how to search that area? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2007, 03:04 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
New construction, anywhere as long as it's within the first 2% of completion is also a great strategy. Your first tenant is the builder who can leaseback and with 6 months notice you can begin advertising. You also have a home that's typically received the max. in upgrades. 225 is an easy price cap and there are many areas of Charlotte you can look at in this price range. I would consider NW Charlotte as well as any subs between uptown and Kannapolis.

Old 09-22-2007, 09:42 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2quilt View Post
Loves Mountains-can you give me cross streets that would put me in Oakhurst or tell me how to search that area? Thanks!
Sure. Roughly Oakhurst is divided down the middle by Monroe Rd.

It's western border is Craig Ave, it's southern border is Sharon Amity, it's northern border is Wendover Rd and it's eastern border is Independence Blvd.

Here are a few homes for sale there currently:

Charlotte NC Homes For Sale, Houses for sale, houses, real estate, for sale - helenadamsrealty.com

Charlotte NC Homes For Sale, Houses for sale, houses, real estate, for sale - helenadamsrealty.com

Old 09-22-2007, 09:50 PM

Another thought...an even better place to buy right now for quicker appreciation and great rental potential is just a bit further toward uptown from Oakhurst - Chantilly. It is getting VERY hard to buy in there under $300,000, but if you could do it you would be sitting on a gold mine. The neighborhood is adjacent to the beautiful and desirable Elizabeth neighborhood, which began turning about 15 years ago and is now very nice - with a quick 5 minute commute to the heart of uptown. You could not go wrong buying in there in my opinion

I checked and did find a couple under $300,000. Many in there have already been rehabbed and are selling in the $500,000 and even $600,000 range.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:22 PM

Wow, thanks lovesmountains and walidm

The other part of what I'm going to want to do is buy something for us to live in. My husband hates the idea of living in a suburban neighborhood. I know he'd prefer to live really close in. Chantilly might have some options for us too.

Old 09-23-2007, 01:33 PM

3 posts, read 20,973 times
Exclamation Dilworth or South Charlotte

Quote:
thanks folks, can you give me an idea of where near the city to look?
In my honest opinion, the closer you get to uptown, the better you have of keeping the unit rented. I think anywhere in the Dilworth or South end are very desirable neighborhoods. I actually have a townhouse close to Park Rd. & Gleneagles that has been a wonderful rental until for me! Unfortunately, I have to put it on the market next month, but if I could hold onto it, I would! It is a great area!

Old 09-23-2007, 01:41 PM

How big of an area encompasses the south end? Could I still get something in Dilworth for under 225k? I'm guessing that rents would be higher closer in to the city?

Old 09-23-2007, 01:44 PM

Quote:
How big of an area encompasses the south end? Could I still get something in Dilworth for under 225k? I'm guessing that rents would be higher closer in to the city?
Rents are higher the closer in to uptown you are. Buying a house in Dilworth in your price range would be difficult. If you did find one it would most likely need some rennovation. Chantilly is just as close to uptown as Dilworth.

Old 09-23-2007, 07:53 PM

Can you tell me what other neighborhoods are just as close to uptown? Thanks!

Old 09-23-2007, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Can you tell me what other neighborhoods are just as close to uptown? Thanks!
None that you'd want to live in right now in your price range - seriously. There's NoDa, Wesley Heights and Wilmore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte