Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2006, 04:01 PM

5 posts, read 17,084 times

Advertisements

My husband and I both 40yrs old with 4 children 16, 14, 12, & 10 are thinking of moving to NC. We are looking for good schools and a decent community.
We are willing to spend 300 to 500 for a brick home with at least 1 acre of land. If someone know a nice area and a low crime rate the info would be greatly appreciated. I would like an area that people mind their own business and gossipping is not #1 on people's priority list. We would like to be in a neighborhood where not everyone is trying to keep up with one another. Including size of house footage, what kind of car they are driving and name brand of clothing. We are just trying to teach our children that family is important and not materialistic objects.
If anyone has a great area they would like to recommend, Please I am willing to take any advice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2006, 06:37 PM

1,417 posts, read 6,892,078 times
Default Union County

If you're looking for more than an acre, the best place here in the metro would be Union County (southeast suburbs of Charlotte). Schools are very good, taxes low, but it's one of the fastest growing counties in the nation. They're having a hard time keeping up with the growth. But it's the best county around here that has what you stated you're looking for (schools, acreage). Not sure what Union County's website is, but just Google "Union County, NC" and I'm sure you'll get the information you'll need. Also go to Charlotte.com, it might be helpful. Good luck and welcome!!!!!

Old 09-20-2006, 10:14 AM

348 posts, read 426,439 times
ditto! South Charlotte and Union county.

Look back at previous posts here...you'll read lots on this subject matter.

Good Luck!

Old 09-22-2006, 03:29 PM

17 posts, read 75,079 times
I also live in Union County -- just over border from South Charlotte. It's tough to find an acre of land in the Charlotte area, but it can be done. We relocated from NY in 1998 and were surprised at the smaller lot sizes. Moderator cut: advertising

Last edited by Marka; 09-24-2006 at 09:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte