Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 06:43 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,672,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
We all hold the right to have our thoughts, opinions and beliefs. We hold them sacred, or at least I know I do. But in this country right now, how these types of things are determined is by vote. Not all of us are going to agree on everything and come to a consensus that is why we vote. It is not about whether or not "I am ok" with something.

There are plenty of things that go on in this nation that I am not happy with/about, some I am down right angry over and not only do I have the freedom of speech to express that but I also have the right to vote.
Nice way to dodge the question.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
We all hold the right to have our thoughts, opinions and beliefs. We hold them sacred, or at least I know I do.
And you want to impose your opinions and beliefs on everyone else. We get it.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:46 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,475,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
And you want to impose your opinions and beliefs on everyone else. We get it.

So you have a problem with me voting? Better be very careful, your hate is showing.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Nice way to dodge the question.

Not dodging anything, if you don't like the answer....YOUR issue, not mine.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
Regarding Amendment One:
Because homosexual couples cannot produce offspring on their own, homosexual marriage will nullify the natural bond/relationship that a Parent/Child have - thereby conferring (or replacing) the natural bond/relationship between Parent/Child, with the State.
So if my wife and I cannot produce offspring on our own, and we adopt a child (as a homosexual couple might do), does that mean the bond we would have with that child is also "nullified"?

Old 05-08-2012, 06:50 PM

67 posts, read 76,426 times
FFS, it gets worse.
North Carolina Amendment One Voters Facing Possible Election Fraud As They Hit The Polls: Report

Old 05-08-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
So you have a problem with me voting? Better be very careful, your hate is showing.
Never said that - but it has become apparent that you are good at twisting words and dodging actual discussion.

My "problem" is with people like yourself who feel that everyone else must live their lives according to the mythology by which you choose to live your life.

I have no problem with your personal belief system. I have a problem with your insistence that everyone must subscribe to your beliefs.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Never said that - but it has become apparent that you are good at twisting words and dodging actual discussion.

My "problem" is with people like yourself who feel that everyone else must live their lives according to the mythology by which you choose to live your life.

I have no problem with your personal belief system. I have a problem with your insistence that everyone must subscribe to your beliefs.

Sure you have. Your problem is that I don't give you the answers you want.

I could careless how others live their lives, they have to answer to God for their actions, not I. I have not insisted that everyone subscribe to my beliefs, what I have done and will continue to do is voice my beliefs and opinions. If you don't like
it move on, either way you will have to get over it, cause I ain't changing.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:10 PM

67 posts, read 76,426 times
Looks like Meck county voted AGAINST. All surrounding counties voted FOR.
Looks like Charlotte is a little oasis of humanity.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Sure you have. Your problem is that I don't give you the answers you want.

I could careless how others live their lives, they have to answer to God for their actions, not I. I have not insisted that everyone subscribe to my beliefs, what I have done and will continue to do is voice my beliefs and opinions. If you don't like
it move on, either way you will have to get over it, cause I ain't changing.
Voting in support of amendment one means that you DO care how others live their lives and that you DO want everyone in the state to subscribe to you personal religious beliefs.

A vote FOR the amendment forces others to accept your rules and affects other peoples' lives. A vote against the amendment would have no effect on your life or your beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte