U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2012, 03:31 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,961,522 times

Advertisements

Hasn't this thread drifted WAY off topic? This was created to discuss (make fun of) some idiot in Kannapolis who got a little too trigger happy, yet there hasn't been a post about this in several pages! At the very least, shouldn't this be moved to the NC forum since this is not a "Charlotte-only issue?"

Old 05-08-2012, 07:09 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,464,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeytonC View Post
Okay, that makes sense. So, maybe calling someone "bigoted" is a stretch based on their stance on a big issue like this? Bigoted is a loaded term that no doubt describes many people, but to label everyone that may be for or against any legislation is a little judgmental, no? Just making a point.
When that legislation is designed to remove / deny rights from a certain segment of the population just because they are a minority...maybe it is judegmental, but I have no problem judging those people for who they are.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:44 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,516,698 times
This thread topic has evolved like many on here do, this amendment effects unmarried straight or gay couples and there children.

This amendment says the courts can deny private parties so a judge can void benefits of existing North Carolina companies that offer benefits and this is not good for attracting business in this state.

Our legislature should be creating jobs instead of hate legislation.

We will persevere, will continue to fight this injustice and inequality.
We made it through Stonewall, Harvey Milk, and Matthew Shepard.
God is love and not hate.
We are not going anywhere.

Francois posted this video and I encourage everyone to watch. This one of impacts this amendment will have. We are you neighbor, your friend, your coworker and some family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 05-08-2012 at 07:56 AM..

Old 05-08-2012, 08:43 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,570,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
No those words never did come from his mouth, but he was very clear on what marriage was. Matthew chapter 19 goes into great detail about it. Its very clear that marriage was between one man and one woman, and any sex outside of parameters is wrong and a sin.
1 Corinthians 6:9-11 also has some wording regarding who shall inherit the Kingdom.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:48 AM

67 posts, read 64,388 times
1 Corinthians 6:9-11

New International Version (NIV)

9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
Footnotes:
  1. 1 Corinthians 6:9 The words men who have sex with men translate two Greek words that refer to the passive and active participants in homosexual acts.

Well, looks like Lesbians are exempt! Can I get an Amen for woman on woman love?

Sunny, that video had me sobbing. I posted it on Facebook in hopes that it will help people see why this Amendment is so barbaric.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:48 AM

8,231 posts, read 11,590,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
There was a time not so long ago when some pepple in this country did not have the right to vote because they were women. And there were people that did not want to allow women to have that right...simply because of their gender.
That too was taken care of via an amendment of the United States Constitution, specifically the 19th amendment.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:53 AM

67 posts, read 64,388 times

Clergy Rebukes Media for Asking Wrong Questions About Amendment One - YouTube

Amen!

Old 05-08-2012, 10:06 AM

14,693 posts, read 23,091,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdub1968 View Post
1 Corinthians 6:9-11 also has some wording regarding who shall inherit the Kingdom.
Everyone wants to talk about how gay marriage is against the bible but you never hear anything about how people keep their Hebrew slaves for longer than six years.

Exodus 21:1-23:33

“Now these are the rules that you shall set before them. When you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve six years, and in the seventh he shall go out free, for nothing. If he comes in single, he shall go out single; if he comes in married, then his wife shall go out with him. If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out alone. But if the slave plainly says, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free,’ ...

Old 05-08-2012, 10:14 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,570,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Everyone wants to talk about how gay marriage is against the bible but you never hear anything about how people keep their Hebrew slaves for longer than six years.
As mentioned before, if you don't know anything about scripture, then please don't make yourself look silly and quote it here.

Old Testament =/ New Testament.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:11 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,464,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
That too was taken care of via an amendment of the United States Constitution, specifically the 19th amendment.
So if a majority of Americans vote to repeal that amendment to the Constitution, thereby taking away the right of women to vote, you're ok with that because a majority will have expressed their voice to do so?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte