U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 07:45 AM

4 posts, read 11,662 times

Advertisements

What an easy question to answer....

Indian Trail, in my opinion, has it all. I was born in Charlotte, NC, however, I moved to Richmond, VA when I was 8 and spent a majority of my life in VA. I came "home" to NC 2 years ago by way of marriage and I love it. We purchased our house in Indian Trail about 1 1/2 yrs ago and I have never been happier with my neighborhood. The schools are awesome as well. My 11 yr old son, always had problems in school until we moved here, he would get bored and then he woudl get in trouble...he wasn't challenged and he has always been on honor roll. Since we came to Indian Trail the Union Co. schools systems have been so wonderful, my son is always involved and never in trouble. His grades are still great, but he is so much happier. Indian Trail is just one of the towns of Union Co. and I would have to say a majority of Union Co. is really a great place to live. The commute to Charlotte for work is not fun (but what commute is?)...but it is well worth a bit of traffic to have such a serene lifestyle Indian Trail has all the niceties of the city as far as close proximity to grocery, resturaunts, and shopping, but without all of the headache of traffic jams and crime.

I really love Union Co. and I just felt like sharing my experience with others so that they might not miss out on a little town with nice people

Old 09-18-2007, 10:18 AM

7,883 posts, read 17,181,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoore7476 View Post
What an easy question to answer....

Indian Trail, in my opinion, has it all. I was born in Charlotte, NC, however, I moved to Richmond, VA when I was 8 and spent a majority of my life in VA. I came "home" to NC 2 years ago by way of marriage and I love it. We purchased our house in Indian Trail about 1 1/2 yrs ago and I have never been happier with my neighborhood. The schools are awesome as well. My 11 yr old son, always had problems in school until we moved here, he would get bored and then he woudl get in trouble...he wasn't challenged and he has always been on honor roll. Since we came to Indian Trail the Union Co. schools systems have been so wonderful, my son is always involved and never in trouble. His grades are still great, but he is so much happier. Indian Trail is just one of the towns of Union Co. and I would have to say a majority of Union Co. is really a great place to live. The commute to Charlotte for work is not fun (but what commute is?)...but it is well worth a bit of traffic to have such a serene lifestyle Indian Trail has all the niceties of the city as far as close proximity to grocery, resturaunts, and shopping, but without all of the headache of traffic jams and crime.

I really love Union Co. and I just felt like sharing my experience with others so that they might not miss out on a little town with nice people
Nice Post BM and so true we too have found he schools to be exceptional, my son got his progress report yesterday as they do here in Union every 3 weeks and well We are very pleased consiering we always had issues with him he is in 7th grade...so this is a nice change...my dd too has a fantastic teacher so far from what we see..

Old 09-18-2007, 10:57 AM

531 posts, read 1,827,246 times
Very well said! I also agree with everything you wrote. We love living in Indian Trail as well. Our son had lots of difficulties in school until we came here.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:49 PM

9,113 posts, read 15,158,721 times
Indian Trail is a DRY town due to the town council not being up w/the times. Their religious beliefs overshadows the residents wanting a choice to have some fine dining in our town.

There are no nice restaurants. You unfortunately either have to drive to matthews/meck county to find a restaurant if you want a drink w/dinner.

Wesley Chapel has the liquor by the drink referendum on the ballot this fall. If the residents pass it, then we will have some nice restaurants very soon IN UNION COUNTY for a change.

Old 09-18-2007, 02:35 PM

7,883 posts, read 17,181,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Indian Trail is a DRY town due to the town council not being up w/the times. Their religious beliefs overshadows the residents wanting a choice to have some fine dining in our town.

There are no nice restaurants. You unfortunately either have to drive to matthews/meck county to find a restaurant if you want a drink w/dinner.

Wesley Chapel has the liquor by the drink referendum on the ballot this fall. If the residents pass it, then we will have some nice restaurants very soon IN UNION COUNTY for a change.

I happen to prefer ballantyne and charlotte to eat. and go out even with the kids...no offense to Union...Im so hoping near me they put some good restaurants...

Old 09-18-2007, 05:05 PM

45,270 posts, read 85,158,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post

Gee, never knew it was such a hardship to have to drive a couple of miles from Indian Trail to Matthews for dinner

You know, maybe it's people who HAVE to have alcohol available every place they eat and potentially drive home drunk that aren't with the times.

Old 09-18-2007, 05:13 PM

693 posts, read 1,905,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Gee, never knew it was such a hardship to have to drive a couple of miles from Indian Trail to Matthews for dinner

You know, maybe it's people who HAVE to have alcohol available every place they eat and potentially drive home drunk that aren't with the times.
Wow, the idea that a town is not allowing adult taxpayers a choice of whether or not to have a glass of wine with dinner (you know like millions of people do all over the world), because some people MIGHT be irresponsible and drive is just appalling to me.

I should be able to withhold taxes because they MIGHT not spend my money properly. For the record, I rarely drink because I just don't care for it much . But honestly, I despise the idea that a town will legislate morality. Blech!!!

Old 09-18-2007, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damemeow View Post
Wow, the idea that a town is not allowing adult taxpayers a choice of whether or not to have a glass of wine with dinner (you know like millions of people do all over the world), because some people MIGHT be irresponsible and drive is just appalling to me.

I should be able to withhold taxes because they MIGHT not spend my money properly. For the record, I rarely drink because I just don't care for it much . But honestly, I despise the idea that a town will legislate morality. Blech!!!
My point to couponJack is that just as he finds "Their religious beliefs overshadows the residents wanting a choice to have some fine dining in our town." somewhat stupid, residents of a town who don't drink and happen to be religious probably find those seeking to bring alcohol into their county equally stupid.

It all about local cultural customs and mores. You folks who have no respect for that only make the problem worse when it comes to natives accepting and welcoming newcomers from different places.

Old 09-18-2007, 05:37 PM

693 posts, read 1,905,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
My point to couponJack is that just as he finds "Their religious beliefs overshadows the residents wanting a choice to have some fine dining in our town." somewhat stupid, residents of a town who don't drink and happen to be religious probably find those seeking to bring alcohol into their county equally stupid.

It all about local cultural customs and mores. You folks who have no respect for that only make the problem worse when it comes to natives accepting and welcoming newcomers from different places.
It's not a question of disrespecting anyones cultures or morals. I have total respect for people having their own beliefs and morals, but if I live there and I pay taxes... I take offense that someone has taken choices away from me.

They have a right to choose for themselves if they don't want to drink, they do not have the right to tell other people they can't. Nor do they have the right to tell new business owners they cannot make the profits that alcohol could potentially bring.

Old 09-18-2007, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damemeow View Post
It's not a question of disrespecting anyones cultures or morals. I have total respect for people having their own beliefs and morals, but if I live there and I pay taxes... I take offense that someone has taken choices away from me.

They have a right to choose for themselves if they don't want to drink, they do not have the right to tell other people they can't.
Oh boy...I'm not even going to continue this conversation - your entitlement mentality would keep you from understanding any thing else I would say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte