U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 12:52 PM

12,651 posts, read 7,559,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
FYI: If you have not registered yet you might want to think about the November election and go get that done. Most libraries have registration forms. You register in the county where you live and they will mail you a card that lists your voting location. North Carolina has early voting, so there is really no excuse not to vote.
You can also go online to rockthevote.com. It helps you fill in the registration form online, and then you print it out and mail it in . Its very simple and easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 12:55 PM

183 posts, read 331,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
You can also go online to rockthevote.com. It helps you fill in the registration form online, and then you print it out and mail it in . Its very simple and easy.
Thank you for a helpful, non judgmental response.

I never made excuses for having not registered, at least I was honest. I really don't understand the way that some people attack others on here. It's really uncalled for.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:03 PM

12,651 posts, read 7,559,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
When I moved to NC, the DMV took my application for voter registration. It was easy, and you could register for a political party also.
I don't even think I filled out an application for voter registration at the DMV. I registered to vote when I was renewing my license shortly after turning 18. I just remember them asking if I wanted to vote, if I wanted to register with a political party, and then to sign here. Then before the next election they sent me a card telling me where to vote.

Old 05-08-2012, 03:43 PM

16,300 posts, read 24,969,718 times
Then I have to ask, do they no longer teach civics in our schools? This should be known by every single person when the receive their high school diploma.

The people with virtually no access to education throughout the world also know how to vote and vote in numbers that should embarrass every single person in this country.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:25 PM

11,781 posts, read 9,386,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Then I have to ask, do they no longer teach civics in our schools? This should be known by every single person when the receive their high school diploma.

The people with virtually no access to education throughout the world also know how to vote and vote in numbers that should embarrass every single person in this country.
Its not that serious... people move and forget to update their info all the time.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:29 PM

2,341 posts, read 4,055,999 times
This. My grandmother PAID to vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
I vote in every election. People died so I would have that right. People want to die in other countries right now to get that right. Its something that should never be taken lightly.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:06 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,570,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post

No they don't (makes me so furious) and that's part of the problem in America.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:15 PM

160 posts, read 358,368 times
Why do any of you bother to vote for these fools? I rarely take time out of my day to go vote. I did in 2008 cause of the mess GWB created - this country couldn't survive another 4 yrs of a R president. Of course, I also voted for GWB in 2000, so a lot of good my vote did then too. Wish I had stayed home that day. Since I voted for him, I have a lot of blood on my hands just like some of you.

When they make voting on a saturday or make it a national holiday, then I may change my mind. In the year 2012, can't we vote on the internet?

There's a reason they make voting so complicated - they don't want educated, working people to vote.

It's a shame something like amendment 1 was on a may primary ballot. Gee, wonder if that's a coincidence now that reps are in charge of this state?

Old 05-08-2012, 06:27 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,570,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagman View Post
Why do any of you bother to vote for these fools? I rarely take time out of my day to go vote. I did in 2008 cause of the mess GWB created - this country couldn't survive another 4 yrs of a R president. Of course, I also voted for GWB in 2000, so a lot of good my vote did then too. Wish I had stayed home that day. Since I voted for him, I have a lot of blood on my hands just like some of you.

When they make voting on a saturday or make it a national holiday, then I may change my mind. In the year 2012, can't we vote on the internet?

There's a reason they make voting so complicated - they don't want educated, working people to vote.

It's a shame something like amendment 1 was on a may primary ballot. Gee, wonder if that's a coincidence now that reps are in charge of this state?
Good grief

Old 05-08-2012, 07:21 PM

2,840 posts, read 4,161,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagman View Post

Part of the reason we are where we are...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or