Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 10:06 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times

Advertisements

Jeez, the original post was just to warn people about traffic not spark a debate on the subject of corporate corruption or personal responsibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 10:56 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,697,656 times
^^^^exactly my thoughts but thought better of saying anything.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:17 PM

1,619 posts, read 3,871,066 times
Quote:
What is so inflammatory about the concept of personal responsibility?
It its a cultural thing with many people in this country, and is quickly getting worse. They love big government, so that they can be protected from the consequences of their behavior by that government. This guarantee of safety becomes a marketing tool for the politicians that these same people worship. It's too bad, because the rest of us end up paying for it eventually.

Thanks for the heads up on the traffic situation, BTW.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:26 PM

714 posts, read 2,305,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeytonC View Post
It its a cultural thing with many people in this country, and is quickly getting worse. They love big government, so that they can be protected from the consequences of their behavior by that government. This guarantee of safety becomes a marketing tool for the politicians that these same people worship.
Let's not turn personal responsibility into a political thing and overgeneralize it. I'm pretty sure there are people who strongly believe in personal responsibility on both sides of the aisle. In fact, based on what you wrote above, I'm pretty sure I'm on a different side of that aisle than you.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:17 PM

1,619 posts, read 3,871,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diertac View Post
Let's not turn personal responsibility into a political thing and overgeneralize it. I'm pretty sure there are people who strongly believe in personal responsibility on both sides of the aisle. In fact, based on what you wrote above, I'm pretty sure I'm on a different side of that aisle than you.
Just sharing my opinion. Thanks for the feedback.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte