Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 08:30 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaf View Post
"but is it too late for you to househunt in Huntersville? You really could have a much better commute from there (less than 30 minutes). "

Hey, wait a minute! Didn't I tell him waaaaay back in the thread that he'd be better off miving to Huntersville or Moorseville?! LOL!
Oh yeah, I'm backing you up on that one for sure!! At the risk of repeating myself and boring anyone I'll say it again, for best possible quality of life in Charlotte live on the side of town you work on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2006, 08:38 PM

348 posts, read 429,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Oh yeah, I'm backing you up on that one for sure!! At the risk of repeating myself and boring anyone I'll say it again, for best possible quality of life in Charlotte live on the side of town you work on
I so utterly agree! I've "read" you say: Do us ALL a favor." LOL! Funny thing is, that most of us from the northeast are used to doing the 1-hour plus commute thing. And part of the reason why we escape the N.E. is because of that damnable commute--AND then we come here and are willing to still do the one hour commute!!!! It's wild.

And is does appear that most southerners really want to do the 15-20 minute commute. Clearly, they are thinking in the right way, as far as I'm concerned. You are so right---do you (and us) a favor--and live closer to to your job. So that all of us don't have to suffer commuting woes!

Old 09-21-2006, 07:36 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaf View Post
I so utterly agree! I've "read" you say: Do us ALL a favor." LOL! Funny thing is, that most of us from the northeast are used to doing the 1-hour plus commute thing. And part of the reason why we escape the N.E. is because of that damnable commute--AND then we come here and are willing to still do the one hour commute!!!! It's wild.

And is does appear that most southerners really want to do the 15-20 minute commute. Clearly, they are thinking in the right way, as far as I'm concerned. You are so right---do you (and us) a favor--and live closer to to your job. So that all of us don't have to suffer commuting woes!

Maybe it is just because I'm getting older , but over the last few years my husband and I have both begun to think in bigger terms than just our little individual lives. We try hard to be conscious of how our actions affect those around us. We are not extremists or tree huggers by any means, but we have just decided to live more considerately in general. I bought a cart I could push a 1.5 to the grocery store once a week instead of taking my car out every time I need something. He walks to the bus stop and takes the bus uptown to work instead of driving anymore. We even walk to the movies or church sometimes (3 miles). We try to combine trips whenever possible and be one less vehicle in traffic as often as we can. I just think if more people did what they could we would avoid creating an undesirable city with gridlock comparable to LA or Chicago, you know? That's why I really push for people to PLEASE live on the side of town they are going to work on. And if they can't do that, to at least consider getting on the bus. Let's all work on keeping this a great place to live!

Old 09-21-2006, 08:13 AM

348 posts, read 429,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Maybe it is just because I'm getting older , but over the last few years my husband and I have both begun to think in bigger terms than just our little individual lives. We try hard to be conscious of how our actions affect those around us. We are not extremists or tree huggers by any means, but we have just decided to live more considerately in general. I bought a cart I could push a 1.5 to the grocery store once a week instead of taking my car out every time I need something. He walks to the bus stop and takes the bus uptown to work instead of driving anymore. We even walk to the movies or church sometimes (3 miles). We try to combine trips whenever possible and be one less vehicle in traffic as often as we can. I just think if more people did what they could we would avoid creating an undesirable city with gridlock comparable to LA or Chicago, you know? That's why I really push for people to PLEASE live on the side of town they are going to work on. And if they can't do that, to at least consider getting on the bus. Let's all work on keeping this a great place to live!

Clap! Clap! Clap! You rock!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte