Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2012, 03:37 PM

3 posts, read 2,834 times

Advertisements

heyy everyone my name is Brittney and i'm 22 yrs old....I currently live in Auburn NY. My bf and I are looking to move to NC in August. I will be attending Johnson and Wales University in September....We have been doing our research since like Feb now and we are just hitting wall haha. We are really leaning towards moving to the Davidson area because we read how friendly and warm people are there and how its a low crime rate area...Which already won me over haha Were very friendly people and would like to be welcome around other friendly people pretty much lol They only problem is there isnt much choice for apartments in the Davidson area...I have looked at the lake norman and Oak hill...but i was hoping for some more choices...So if anyone has any suggestions on where to look for apartments or who to contact for apartments in Davidson that would be greatly appriciated!! Also since we were batting zero for davidson i was considering Cornelius as well since its close to davidson...Any thoughts or in puts on the area, as far as friendliness, crime rate, and all that good stuff goes..I would really like to live in davidson but if theres nothing to rent there than i would chose Cornelius...Thanks soo much ahead of time guys and will be looking forward to seeing some posts!! Oh yea also were coming down around June 11th to tour the area and get a feel of it and the school and all that good stuff also before we move in august...Thanks again for anyones help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 06:18 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Have you ever been to Charlotte? The commute from Davidson or Cornelius might be more time consuming than you will want to make. Also, what is your budget?

Old 05-17-2012, 10:00 PM
amp

519 posts, read 1,516,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Have you ever been to Charlotte? The commute from Davidson or Cornelius might be more time consuming than you will want to make. Also, what is your budget?
I was thinking the same thing. not a great commute. Come visit first, have a realtor or relocation person show you around a bit, and work from there. Or... have you considered talking with Johnston and Wales about housing options that they offer, or could suggest? That is how I found my apartment when I moved to NYC from upstate NY, never having lived there or knowing where to go.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:05 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times
I hope you aren't taking on debt to go to Johnson and Wales.... That will be some serious debt accumulation unless you are on a scholarship.

Old 05-19-2012, 04:35 PM

689 posts, read 1,657,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
I hope you aren't taking on debt to go to Johnson and Wales.... That will be some serious debt accumulation unless you are on a scholarship.
How is this helpful to the OP? I don't think she asked for our financial advice.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:43 PM

186 posts, read 436,540 times
missbritt... here is a link to some info about brand new apartments in Cornelius, right on the border between Davidson and Cornelius. CorneliusNews.net*|*Tag Archive*|*Antiquity This neighborhood is nice, although some unsavory areas are somewhat close. The other posters make a valid point, depending on what time classes are at JW, you could have a pretty bad commute from this area - this is a significant lifestyle choice because a bad day would be an hour in the car. An option significantly closer to JW is at Northlake, called Ashton Reserve... brand new, you can find them via Google.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte