Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2012, 09:11 PM

13 posts, read 16,970 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to move to Concord and I have a child that is going to be a Senior this fall. I'm coming down to visit in April and I have no idea where to begin. I would like to rent a townhome or single family ( where the grass is cut for you).
I do not want to spend more than $ 900 if possible. I'm looking for a safe quiet area. Any suggestions would be helpful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 06:29 AM

972 posts, read 2,442,919 times
If you find any rentals that meet your price point, let me know the area and I'll fill you in on the high school. From a recent search for someone else, I found nice townhomes in the Moss Creek subdivision for $1100 that feed into Cox Mill High School. Its an excellent school and well worth the extra $200 if you can swing it. It would put you west of 85 off of Poplar Tent Road.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:28 AM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southjerseymom View Post
I'm looking to move to Concord and I have a child that is going to be a Senior this fall. I'm coming down to visit in April and I have no idea where to begin. I would like to rent a townhome or single family ( where the grass is cut for you).
I do not want to spend more than $ 900 if possible. I'm looking for a safe quiet area. Any suggestions would be helpful
I came down from South Jersey, too. Where will you be working? Real estate isn't far off from South Jersey in the more popular areas.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:13 AM

Well I'm not sure yet where I will be working I'm still looking for employment.
Can you give some suggestions as to what areas I should look so I'm no more than a half an hour away from Concord. I now have a 15 min commute with no traffic and I'm not look for more than half an hour.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Well I'm not sure yet where I will be working I'm still looking for employment.
Can you give some suggestions as to what areas I should look so I'm no more than a half an hour away from Concord. I now have a 15 min commute with no traffic and I'm not look for more than half an hour.
Well, unemployment is still fairly high here. Usually the advice is to buy or rent near a job or be prepared for a long commute. What type of job are you looking for? With a 15 min commute it sounds like you're working in Mt Laurel, Moorestown, or possibly Cherry Hill.

Are you trying to live in Concord because you know someone there?

Old 03-05-2012, 11:29 AM

Your right I live in Mt. Laurel and work in Cherry Hill so it takes me no time off and on 295. I'm looking to work in a Dr's office or a hospital and yes I know a few people in Concord as well as the Highland Park, Universty City section of Charlotte.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Your right I live in Mt. Laurel and work in Cherry Hill so it takes me no time off and on 295. I'm looking to work in a Dr's office or a hospital and yes I know a few people in Concord as well as the Highland Park, Universty City section of Charlotte.
I came down from Cherry Hill.

Your best bet for hospital work is going to mean possibly not being in Concord, but you can still visit your friends.

This is the largest hospital system in the area. Our Locations

This is the second largest. http://www.presbyterian.org/site/loc...e=overview_tab

This is also in the area. Gaston Memorial Hospital | CaroMont Health

There are good schools in the area, but not every school is good. We can help you with that.

You'll be happy here. Don't worry about that part.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:49 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:

Your budget will not afford you a house, though you may luck up and find an apartment.

I would check out the Tower Place Apts. Not sure which Concord schools they are assigned to, but they are a good option in your range. Though do be aware, apt pricing in the Charlotte metro fluctuates and rents have been on the rise for 2 years now. Best of luck.

Old 03-05-2012, 07:10 PM

972 posts, read 2,442,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Your budget will not afford you a house, though you may luck up and find an apartment.

I would check out the Tower Place Apts. Not sure which Concord schools they are assigned to, but they are a good option in your range. Though do be aware, apt pricing in the Charlotte metro fluctuates and rents have been on the rise for 2 years now. Best of luck.
I'm thinking that is JM Robinson HS, but the OP should verify that. There was a new principal this year whom I've heard good things about.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:14 PM

I may have a job I interviewed on Monday. I will have to be there by June 18my question is are there any suggestions on a 6 month rental in Concord or the area where the students attend Mallard Creek High in Charlotte.

Thank you for any help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte