U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2012, 11:52 AM

29,946 posts, read 27,406,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
I know there lying because they get called out on it they lie just to validate there reasons for posting whatever they posted .. or they say they visited and yet can't give many specifics but yet want to argue. I was just on Charlotte 2 weeks ago and will be there at lest 2 times a month because my partner is there. I tell him all the time I can't live here because the social scene is horrible base on my social enviroment i have here in Atlanta. That's just my experience from when I moved there in 2006. From when I've came to visit the city. I must say its has step its game up a lot since then but still its just kinda dull a little far as the vibe but its far from boring.. Certain people are accustomed to a certain lifestyle and for some its hard to transition. People do this to Atlanta all the time u can't make everybody love places u love..I'm starting to realized that.
If you're a young Black gay male and your biggest priorities are clubbing and being seen at the mall every weekend, then very little cities will appeal to you outside of Atlanta. If you're a career-oriented young educated professional, you're able to make cities like Charlotte work for you since priorities are different and don't revolve primarily around clubbing and socializing exclusively with a particular subculture. As you grow older, hopefully your horizons will expand a bit and you'll learn to take advantage of the various cultural offerings of your own city and other cities that enrich quality of life.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:41 PM

2,825 posts, read 4,933,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
If you're a young Black gay male and your biggest priorities are clubbing and being seen at the mall every weekend, then very little cities will appeal to you outside of Atlanta. If you're a career-oriented young educated professional, you're able to make cities like Charlotte work for you since priorities are different and don't revolve primarily around clubbing and socializing exclusively with a particular subculture. As you grow older, hopefully your horizons will expand a bit and you'll learn to take advantage of the various cultural offerings of your own city and other cities that enrich quality of life.

"Charlotte, Cultural Offerings....Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't even get me started.

Old 10-12-2012, 12:54 PM

1,356 posts, read 2,296,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
"Charlotte, Cultural Offerings....Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't even get me started.
You really don't need to be in the Charlotte threads. All you do is bash Charlotte because apparently wherever you're living is top-notch.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:02 PM

Not bashing....just stating my opinion. No harm no foul.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:07 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,622,254 times

As long as the post is not totally off-topic, any poster does have the right to voice his/her opinion , even if you may not agree with it.
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/coastal-north-carolina/"]Coastal [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/western-north-carolina/"]Western [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/charlotte/"]Charlotte [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/york-lancaster-counties/"]York & Lancaster[/URL]

[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html"]Terms of Service. No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks[/URL]

Old 10-12-2012, 01:26 PM

4,222 posts, read 6,729,967 times
Quote:

There are plenty of cultural activities around. Sometimes it is difficult for one to go out and find them due to personal restrictions, ie. personality disorders, appearances or more complicated relationship issues. Unfortunately, it is difficult for one to appreciate what a city has to offer if this person doesn't have someone with which to share enjoyable experiences. Nevertheless, they are there and available to those with the energy and desire to enjoy them.

Anyone that says that there aren't cultural offerings in the area, the're not looking. I hope that everyone takes the initiative to go out and be part of the community and enjoy what cultural offerings are available. And, there are many.

Most of my friends are educated, successful individuals. Many of them are from larger cities elsewhere and take advantage of what is offered here culturally and thoroughly enjoy themselves. I supposed it takes a a person that actually wants to get involve in the cultural scene to find it. We may not be a large, 450 year old port city like Phili. or Boston and offer tons of historical buildings and museums at their level, but we do pretty well without it in the arts, etc.

I know that everyone has a right to an opinion. But, there are people that like to show up every chance possible to make a nasty unsubstantiated comments. Their credibility is non-existant, as what they are doing is quite transparant and simply annoying.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Most of my friends are educated, successful individuals. Many of them are from larger cities
Likewise here...Most of my friends are from Sherman Oaks/Temecula/Encino. They personally could do without Charlotte. 2 of them actually moved here and gave it 2 years and then moved back. A lot happier with more than enough to do at their disposal.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:40 PM

1,356 posts, read 2,296,445 times
Quote:
Not bashing....just stating my opinion. No harm no foul.
You take your opinion to far by bashing Charlotte. Opinions are obviously the point of the website, but at least show what little respect you may have.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:43 PM

11,794 posts, read 9,388,560 times
Quote:
Likewise here...Most of my friends are from Sherman Oaks/Temecula/Encino. They personally could do without Charlotte. 2 of them actually moved here and gave it 2 years and then moved back. A lot happier with more than enough to do at their disposal.
You bash Charlotte a lot.. why not move? If you have moved on.. why would you spend time on here when you could be out getting that culture?

I don't understand why people spend valuable time on here bashing charlotte after leaving. Why look back if the place made you miserable?

Old 10-12-2012, 01:50 PM

642 posts, read 989,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bindibadji View Post
My friends/visitors from London left yesterday to go back home. They like it enough here to by a condo. They love the restaurants, shopping, going to Hilton Head and coming back to Charlotte, the convenience of flying to and from London, etc. You have a good attitude about boring. One can be as bored as one wishes. You might want to go back to England in July and August and visit friends and relatives if it is too hot. But, my friends complain about nothing. They are too busy shopping and eating steak which is a bargin here to them. Chain restaurants can normally assure one of a descent meal and the chain only got larger because of good food and popularity. But, it is no big deal. There are thousands of non-chain restaurants. In some parts of town, you will practically see none. Good luck. My best to Mrs. K.
Once I leave the UK (for the 2nd time in my life) I do not think that I'll return. There is nothing for me there even though I currently live in the UK.

I am now 66 and I left the UK for Switzerland when I was 27. I left Switzerland when I was 63 and retired for good. Before that I lived for a year in the Caribean.

The UK is buzzing. There are always things going on. However the prices are just ridiculous.

Charlotte does require some effort to get the most out of. Sure there are some things I'll really miss. Funnily enough one this will be waterfront dining. We had lots of this by the shores of LAke Geneva in Switzerland and where I live in the county of Berkshoire there are lots of pubs and places by the river. Charlotte has T-Bones - which I love btw. It is nearly always the little things that people miss the most when the change countries and cultures. My wife wants British TV and that I can do. I want some sort of vintage British car and that I can get as well.

The pubs (and some opf the beer), wicked sense of humor and some of the countryside I shal mourn. Being close to my son and my grandchildren (well only one at the moment...) plus all the other things I've mentioned will more than make up for the very few things that won't be there.

I shall not miss the weather, the prices, the massive molasses like administration, overcrowding, small houses, a medical system that nearly cost me my life last year, the negativity of many people (careful words there).

NAh, Charlotte will be better for me in my retirement I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or