U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2012, 06:21 AM

3,463 posts, read 3,157,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Keyword Less.... You just answered why some people may find it boring.
No, less doesn't mean nonexistent or boring. Those of us who have lived in larger or so-called "happening" cities/metros know even there, it gets "boring". A good time is what you make of it versus focusing on how much "better" things are somewhere else.

Please spare me the bigger/better song. If you miss a great park, family, biking trail, etc. cool, but the "boring" label is subjective and a matter of individual preference.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:25 PM

12,694 posts, read 7,586,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
No, less doesn't mean nonexistent or boring. Those of us who have lived in larger or so-called "happening" cities/metros know even there, it gets "boring". A good time is what you make of it versus focusing on how much "better" things are somewhere else.

Please spare me the bigger/better song. If you miss a great park, family, biking trail, etc. cool, but the "boring" label is subjective and a matter of individual preference.

Yes, it is up to individual preferences. So while one person might find having less of something perfectly fine, another person will find having less boring a lot faster then a city that offers more.

Old 05-27-2012, 01:48 PM

29,957 posts, read 27,459,781 times
Quote:
Keyword Less.... You just answered why some people may find it boring.
"Less" doesn't mean nonexistent. And really, if you think Charlotte is boring because the area has four main malls as opposed to 10 or 12 like in a larger metro, then you've got issues.

Old 05-27-2012, 02:18 PM

3,453 posts, read 3,123,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post

Another keyword is I said SOME may find limited options as being a bit boring. If this word boring is subjective then why do u keep trying to defend Charlotte when people say it is boring. Let them have there subjective opinion. There are those who like the options there and there are those who don't .....period.

Old 05-27-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
"Less" doesn't mean nonexistent. And really, if you think Charlotte is boring because the area has four main malls as opposed to 10 or 12 like in a larger metro, then you've got issues.
I know less doesn't mean non existent. Example. Atlanta is about to have 6 H&Ms if I can't find my size in one, I plenty of other stores to go to find the size I may need .. same with nightlife a recreation.. To me having more options is better than having less options. I would never live in a smaller metro.. sorry doesn't work for my lifestyle.

Old 05-27-2012, 02:49 PM

3,463 posts, read 3,157,599 times
Quote:
Another keyword is I said SOME may find limited options as being a bit boring. If this word boring is subjective then why do u keep trying to defend Charlotte when people say it is boring. Let them have there subjective opinion. There are those who like the options there and there are those who don't .....period.
Not defending Charlotte but putting context on the term "boring", because I personally know how "boring" those other so-called "great" places can be. I have lived in SOME of those places. I said INDIVIDUAL PREFERENCE, and btw do you live here? Lol, some of you make Charlotte out to be a town of 15,000 people located in the middle of Kansas....I find it to be kind of humerous, misleading and condescending - basically an opportunity to take a dig at the place or exaggerate an obvious weakness (all places have strengths and weaknesses).

No need to belabor the point or show such "genius". Charlotte is a midsize metro and provides many (if not all) options/amenities you'll find in a city/metro this size - other than natural uniqueness in terms of rivers, lakes, ocean or mountains.

It's really that simple.....not complicated at all.

Old 05-27-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:
I know less doesn't mean non existent. Example. Atlanta is about to have 6 H&Ms if I can't find my size in one, I plenty of other stores to go to find the size I may need .. same with nightlife a recreation.. To me having more options is better than having less options. I would never live in a smaller metro.. sorry doesn't work for my lifestyle.
Seriously, who has time to be driving all over metro Atlanta to find one shirt in a particular size? LOL, it's really not quite that serious especially when a lot of shopping is done online these days. And because a place is bigger doesn't necessarily mean it has more recreational options (e.g., metro Atlanta only has one lake while metro Charlotte has three). You simply make the place work where you are. I live in metro Atlanta now and when I lived in Charlotte, I wasn't bored at all. Truth be told, as long as you have a well-rounded social circle, you can have the time of your life in most decently-sized cities that offer the regular amenities. Just because a place is smaller or might have less amenities doesn't make it boring and that's the point you seem to be missing.

Last edited by Mutiny77; 05-27-2012 at 03:03 PM..

Old 05-27-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Seriously, who has time to be driving all over metro Atlanta to find one shirt in a particular size? LOL, it's really not quite that serious especially when a lot of shopping is done online these days. And because a place is bigger doesn't necessarily mean it has more recreational options (e.g., metro Atlanta only has one lake while metro Charlotte has three). You simply make the place work where you are. I live in metro Atlanta now and when I lived in Charlotte, I wasn't bored at all. Truth be told, as long as you have a well-rounded social circle, you can have the time of your life in most decently-sized cities that offer the regular amenities. Just because a place is smaller or might have less amenities doesn't make it boring and that's the point you seem to be missing.

For me its boring based on the lifestyle that I live. Me you and the rest of america dont have the same lifestyle and thats the point u seemed to be missing. I shop online and at stores but If Atlantic Station H&M doesnt have it I will drive to cumberland to pick up whatever size. especially if it something I need immediately so for me it is that serious. There somethings in stores u wont find online and vice versa. I will say this one more time SOME people enjoy Charlotte and some dont thats with any city based on what they like to do and based on what there use to doing wherever they come from There are lots of people that like small town amenities it fits there lifestyle. Based on my Experience Smaller Metros all seemed to be a bit boring. So if someone calls Charlotte Atlanta NYC Chicago boring just except it and move on. Trying to convince people that they can do the same things on the same level in a smaller city doesnt work for me or many others out there. IF it did I would be living in Kansas city or Columbia SC somewhere and people would never use the word boring to describe any place all of america would be fun and entertaining. Charlotte is boring in my book....... Now carry one Im done

Last edited by Staysean23; 05-27-2012 at 05:13 PM..

Old 05-27-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
For me its boring based on the lifestyle that I live. Me you and the rest of america dont have the same lifestyle and thats the point u seemed to be missing. I shop online and at stores but If Atlantic Station H&M doesnt have it I will drive to cumberland to pick up whatever size. especially if it something I need immediately so for me it is that serious. There somethings in stores u wont find online and vice versa. I will say this one more time SOME people enjoy Charlotte and some dont thats with any city based on what they like to do and based on what there use to doing wherever they come from There are lots of people that like small town amenities it fits there lifestyle. Based on my Experience Smaller Metros all seemed to be a bit boring. So if someone calls Charlotte Atlanta NYC Chicago boring just except it and move on. Trying to convince people that they can do the same things on the same level in a smaller city doesnt work for me or many others out there. IF it did I would be living in Kansas city or Columbia SC somewhere and people would never use the word boring to describe any place all of america would be fun and entertaining. Charlotte is boring in my book....... Now carry one Im done
The thing about that is that you've never lived in Charlotte. You're only saying what you are based on the lack of H&M stores or something like that--and I get that since you sound really young and are probably mainly interested in nightlife and things of that nature. But as someone who's lived in Charlotte, I can tell you that having a good time or not is based first and foremost on your social circle. While in Charlotte, I had a great group of friends and we could always find something to do, whether it pertained to nightlife, culture, natural amenities, or anything of that nature.

I don't have a problem if people find places boring, but expect people to challenge that perception if it's based on misinformed or misleading statements.

Old 05-27-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
The thing about that is that you've never lived in Charlotte. You're only saying what you are based on the lack of H&M stores or something like that--and I get that since you sound really young and are probably mainly interested in nightlife and things of that nature. But as someone who's lived in Charlotte, I can tell you that having a good time or not is based first and foremost on your social circle. While in Charlotte, I had a great group of friends and we could always find something to do, whether it pertained to nightlife, culture, natural amenities, or anything of that nature.

I don't have a problem if people find places boring, but expect people to challenge that perception if it's based on misinformed or misleading statements.
How do u know where I have lived.. don't assume my friend. U can challenge someones opinon but it sure would be a waste of time.. The stain has already been left in there minds. Then they pass it along to people who haven't been just like the author of this thread has been informed that Charlotte is boring... then u guys say she is misinformed tell the person where to go, they go and come back and still say its boring. Then u guys say say oh your just a boring person lol so funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or