Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 07:24 PM

364 posts, read 635,551 times

Advertisements

I came home to find the att box/tower (towards the front of my yard) Att evidently was out and ran a cable around the box a few times over the front of my yard across my driveway and across my neighbors yard to the box on the side of her house. In addition around the "tower" in our yard that they tapped into they dug up chunks of our grass around it even though it popped off with no issue. Also multiple orange spay paint over my yard/driveway/neighbors yard.

Has anyone else come home to this mess before? Does anyone else have experience with ATT doing this to them?

I'm pretty upset at ATT. Also, wondering when it will be buried and how badly they will destroy my yard/driveway. It would be nice to know when they are coming out to do this. Keep in mind my neighbor must have ordered service, I did not get or request att service. I'm guessing my neighbor signed up tor U-Verse.

I was trying to find ATT contact info (prefer to contact them online than sit on the phone waiting forever).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 07:52 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,584,521 times
Probably not much you can do. I'm sure they have a right a way. You can be a pain with them on putting the grass back right.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:57 PM

364 posts, read 635,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
Probably not much you can do. I'm sure they have a right a way. You can be a pain with them on putting the grass back right.
yeah I was thinking that was probably the case. ugh...Hopefully they can bury it under my driveway without doing any or little damage. Would be nice to know when they are coming back to complete it.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:20 AM

1,241 posts, read 2,321,589 times
Accidentally run your lawn mower over it.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:27 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,478,949 times
It took several months and numerous calls for me to finally get that same type of cable buried. Evidently, they subcontract to have this work done and someone kept "losing" the work order. At least, that is the excuse I got. Call immediately and then stay on top of it. Maybe things are more streamlined now - I went through this in 2010.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:54 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,515,152 times
If you contact them via email you will never get anywhere...they are a bear to deal with, keep good records of your calls and be sure and remind them that they are to put your grass/yard back properly. As ani said, they contract this work out and those contractors don't care what they tear up as long as that cable gets in the ground. Good luck!

Old 05-23-2012, 07:00 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,478,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
If you contact them via email you will never get anywhere...they are a bear to deal with, keep good records of your calls and be sure and remind them that they are to put your grass/yard back properly. As ani said, they contract this work out and those contractors don't care what they tear up as long as that cable gets in the ground. Good luck!
^ ^ ^ Good advice.

I would add . . . even after they buried the cable, we had to re-sow the grass ourselves. And it never has come back like it was before they tore the ground up, even tho we have attempted to re-sow the grass several times now.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:05 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,991,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepulgeek View Post
accidentally run your lawn mower over it.
+1

Old 05-23-2012, 07:20 AM

821 posts, read 1,854,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trckn4life View Post
I came home to find the att box/tower (towards the front of my yard) Att evidently was out and ran a cable around the box a few times over the front of my yard across my driveway and across my neighbors yard to the box on the side of her house. In addition around the "tower" in our yard that they tapped into they dug up chunks of our grass around it even though it popped off with no issue. Also multiple orange spay paint over my yard/driveway/neighbors yard.

Has anyone else come home to this mess before? Does anyone else have experience with ATT doing this to them?

I'm pretty upset at ATT. Also, wondering when it will be buried and how badly they will destroy my yard/driveway. It would be nice to know when they are coming out to do this. Keep in mind my neighbor must have ordered service, I did not get or request att service. I'm guessing my neighbor signed up tor U-Verse.

I was trying to find ATT contact info (prefer to contact them online than sit on the phone waiting forever).

Call the City/County Code Enforcement office. There has to be a code whereby cables are buried, asap. In addition, it sounds like the contractor for ATT has created a safety (tripping) hazard. In addition to the emails to ATT, call 1-800-288-2020. It's their customer no-service number. You will most likely get someone in the Philippines. Record time, date, and name. Insist that you talk with a supervisor, impressing on them that there is a safety hazard and their contractor has left a mess and you want it fixed immediately and that if you can't get a quick and appropriate action, your next call will be to one of the local TV stations that just LOVES these kind of consumer problems. Also tell them that you will file a formal complaint with the BBB.

If you are on good terms with your neighbor see if the neighbor will engage with ATT by calling the 1800 at the same time you call.

As for replanting the grass, they'll use Bermuda grass and from experience with DUKE tearing up my yard (easement), it will look like crap. Buy one of the cans of spot seeder that includes fertilizer and use it. I hate that you have to spend money to fix their mess, but that's what it will take in the end.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:07 PM

99 posts, read 178,976 times
Suggesting running it over is asinine even in jest. I am sure you are wonderful neighbor. Do you honestly think no part of your homes phone, cable, electricity gas etc ever disturbed someone else's yard. Or perhaps you were absolutely the first home built and connected and then every other house was built around you. Maybe they magically airlifted your home in place and you live completely off the grid. Your complaining immediately is ridiculous. Big deal you came home from work and they didn't bury the cable. Get over yourself. If its a month from now maybe you can complain. The paint they used was to mark existing lines and will wash off with rain. Its not permanent spray paint. Being so upset and angry over a non issue is ridiculous. Worry about real problems when they happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte