U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 07:21 AM

16,438 posts, read 19,099,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Then says to feed them and in a few years they will die off? I guess he meant to feed them poison?
No, he meant the obvious, that they won't reproduce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 07:23 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,052,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Yes, after reading the statement several times last nite, that is what I finally deciphered.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:27 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,052,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I hear you Ani but the Obama rant by the teacher just went international and that has nothing to do with gay marriage.

It sure seems like NC has a few residents who are going above and beyond to help the media out.
You (meaning - anyone) can find "substantiation" to do a story on any state being full of nutballs if you look for the material to support your pre-supposed thesis. Pick a state. I will come up with "proof" that they are all nutballs, lol.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:28 AM

11,723 posts, read 9,353,324 times
Quote:
I know that's what he meant but the "in a few years" made me laugh...

a few years = a generation or 2 but I guess in biblical terms it's not a long time.

...and unless you separate all them "queers" by sex they will reproduce because that's what we do in order to survive.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:40 AM

820 posts, read 1,530,830 times
As a Christian who grew up in the a Freewill Baptist Church I am appalled and sickened by this excuse of a pastor. I was always taught to love one another and love people regardless of their views on religion and social issues. His kind of hate is equal to what the world saw in Europe, especially in Germany, in the late 1930's and we saw what that hate did for millions of Jews and other non-Aryans.

It's too bad the news organizations can't ignore this fool and those who support his venomous hate, but alas, his rant helps the TV stations and newspapers keep the lights on because people love it; never mind that the economy is still in a ditch and there are thousands of honest hard-working people who spend their days trying to find a job and the media reports on the white noise/distractions.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:08 AM

16,438 posts, read 19,099,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulosfm View Post
equal to what the world saw in Europe, especially in Germany, in the late 1930's and we saw what that hate did for millions of Jews and other non-Aryans.
Yes, the Jews were not exclusive targets. Homosexuals, cripples, gypsies, political dissidents, Russians, the entirety of the Polish Army officer corps, and more were sent to the ovens. Today, there are many that would like to see that done to Christians. (ie "So many Christians, so few lions...")

Old 05-23-2012, 08:15 AM

11,723 posts, read 9,353,324 times
Quote:
Yes, the Jews were not exclusive targets. Homosexuals, cripples, gypsies, political dissidents, Russians, the entirety of the Polish Army officer corps, and more were sent to the ovens. Today, there are many that would like to see that done to Christians.
The pastor of this church is a "christian" and he is the one suggesting these things.

I haven't heard about Christians being a target or the next group to get the Nazi treatment and honestly... I'm sick of hearing how everything is leading up to another Nazi movement.

Like John Daily joked on his show one time....people are pretty insincere about how evil Hitler was by comparing every law, political rant or new story to Hilter.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:45 AM

2,352 posts, read 4,028,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
My question is . . . why are folks so interested in "making NC look bad." I personally am mad as hell about THAT. I have no control over the idiocy a preacher in any state may spew. But I sure as hell don't appreciate being part of what appears to me to be a targeted attempt by the media to draw a picture of ALL OF US LIVING HERE as ignorant, biased, hate-filled bigots. Talk about stereotyping.
I wonder if the DNC is drawing more attention our way? I've never been particularly interested in which state the convention is in, so I don't know if that theory holds water - just a thought!

Old 05-23-2012, 09:09 AM

21,898 posts, read 27,173,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
You (meaning - anyone) can find "substantiation" to do a story on any state being full of nutballs if you look for the material to support your pre-supposed thesis. Pick a state. I will come up with "proof" that they are all nutballs, lol.
So true, Ani. I'll bet that the one of 1st places that you'd point to would be South Jersey, home of the late Rev. Carl McIntire. Carl McIntire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia He's dead, but his followers are still there.

I do agree that the fault of this is the Republicans in the legislature. This badly worded amendment caught the attention of the media. It flew in the face of people's opinion of the state. That has opened the floodgates.

The Republicans ran on job creation & that is what they have not dealt with.

Last edited by southbound_295; 05-23-2012 at 09:20 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-23-2012, 09:16 AM
NDL

3,151 posts, read 3,623,231 times
I am not interested in getting involved in this thread, for I don't seek to debate.

Yet, many posters know I am a Christian, and I don't want my silence to be construed as approval of what this 'pastor' did.

The pastor of this church is very, very, wrong in his beliefs, and his congregation should dismiss him immediately.

I'm sorry for any apprehension that this 'pastor's' act may have inflicted on the Gay & Lesbian community - specifically, what their view of what God might be like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or