U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 09:45 PM

123 posts, read 188,623 times

Advertisements

I'm praying you are all wrong and someone will build an In-N-Out Burger here. They are all on the West Coast and the closest ones are in Texas now. Best burgers and cheap, too. Hard to believe you can get such excellent food for such a cheap price. Miss them sooo much. Closest fast food to me is McDonald's and Chick-fil-A. Don't get me wrong, I love Chick-fil-A, too, but do we have to have one on every street corner? Can we please get something new? Keeping my fingers crossed In-N-Out Burger will head East.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 11:00 PM

12,396 posts, read 7,452,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen11 View Post
I'm praying you are all wrong and someone will build an In-N-Out Burger here. They are all on the West Coast and the closest ones are in Texas now. Best burgers and cheap, too. Hard to believe you can get such excellent food for such a cheap price. Miss them sooo much. Closest fast food to me is McDonald's and Chick-fil-A. Don't get me wrong, I love Chick-fil-A, too, but do we have to have one on every street corner? Can we please get something new? Keeping my fingers crossed In-N-Out Burger will head East.
It is unlikely that In-N-Out will make it to the East Coast anytime soon.
In-N-Out believes everything should be fresh. All their ingredients are controlled from beginning to end. All In-N-Outs have to be close to a supplier in order to have the freshest ingredients, and no ingredients should travel for more then a day to get to the store. The West Coast has a longer growing season, and being close to Mexico allows for them to always be within a days drive of those ingredients.

They are also a family run company, they don't franchise. In order to spread across the country, they would need to start franchising. The owner has said that will never happen.

I've heard five guys (although I've never had it) is close in comparison to In-N-Out.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:42 PM

3,452 posts, read 3,132,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
It is unlikely that In-N-Out will make it to the East Coast anytime soon.
In-N-Out believes everything should be fresh. All their ingredients are controlled from beginning to end. All In-N-Outs have to be close to a supplier in order to have the freshest ingredients, and no ingredients should travel for more then a day to get to the store. The West Coast has a longer growing season, and being close to Mexico allows for them to always be within a days drive of those ingredients.

They are also a family run company, they don't franchise. In order to spread across the country, they would need to start franchising. The owner has said that will never happen.

I've heard five guys (although I've never had it) is close in comparison to In-N-Out.
White Castle? oh well why not. I've had In-n-Out burger, it's good, no big fan of the fries. I like Cookout burgers as well...plus cookout shakes are probably the best ya gonna get from any fast food restaurant.

Old 05-26-2012, 12:56 AM

3,438 posts, read 4,309,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
White Castle? oh well why not. I've had In-n-Out burger, it's good, no big fan of the fries. I like Cookout burgers as well...plus cookout shakes are probably the best ya gonna get from any fast food restaurant.
Jack in the Box also has good shakes. And they were able to expand to Charlotte from their California base, so perhaps In N Out could as well. I just wish Hardees would return the Superstar with Cheese to their menu. It is a very good flagship sandwich at owner Carl's Jr on the West coast. And the Big Carl they have is like the original full size version of the Big Twin that was popular at Hardees for years. Both with good special sauce. Those are 2 very good double thin patty sandwiches that Hardees should have on their menu as well. Not everbody always wants a Thickburger, and Carl's Jr gives you a choice of both types of burgers. Hardees should as well, same company.

Old 05-26-2012, 08:33 AM

14,693 posts, read 23,073,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
It is unlikely that In-N-Out will make it to the East Coast anytime soon. L

5 guys is better.

Old 05-26-2012, 08:39 AM

3,441 posts, read 5,168,097 times
Personally, I don't understand the thing for White Castle.

If you go by first impressions I think it is the grossest place around ... Years ago when one opened up, a friend and I were busy but hungry so we stopped there and picked a few of their mini burger things to eat on the run... EKKK We both got sick, I have never been back.

Old 05-26-2012, 07:32 PM

28 posts, read 49,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbri20 View Post
Don't toy with my emotions!!! Please don't be lying!!! If this is true, the 30 minutes drive for me to get the Concord Mills WILL be made regularly. Now, if we could get a good Jersey Greek diner, one who will make me taylor ham egg and cheese, along with a White Castle..........my doctor will faint at my next checkup.
Taylor Egg and Cheese can be found if your look. The Main Street Grill Waxhaw has them on the menu. I think the owner is from LI. Of course the rolls aren't as good as back in NJ, I think its something about the water, but not bad. Best present my GF ever gave me was 2 lb of Taylor ham from her travels up north.

Yep, no Greeks, no Greek diners. I could sure go for some Gyros and eggs. People keep telling me to go here or there. All I can say is PLUEEEES, spare me. If it isn't tastelessly decorated it can't be right. Must have a minimum of 14 page menu and serve pacakes 24 hours / per day.

Ah White Castle on Bloomfield ave. and 23. Used to stop there on the way to Hockey in South Mountain. My buddy never made it the 15 mins to the arean without having to stop for relief.

Old 05-26-2012, 07:36 PM

222 posts, read 457,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
Personally, I don't understand the thing for White Castle.

If you go by first impressions I think it is the grossest place around ... Years ago when one opened up, a friend and I were busy but hungry so we stopped there and picked a few of their mini burger things to eat on the run... EKKK We both got sick, I have never been back.
You can get sick anywhere. I got sick at a Pizza Hut once near Durham. Does that mean that every Pizza Hut is going to make each of its customers sick? Of course not. It just means that this particular Pizza Hut was run by people who ought to be fired. Same with that particular White Castle that made you ill. But that doesn't speak to the franchise as a whole.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:40 PM

12,396 posts, read 7,452,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Jack in the Box also has good shakes. And they were able to expand to Charlotte from their California base, so perhaps In N Out could as well.
Jack in the Box franchises, which is how they were able to grow and move across the country. In n Out has said they will never franchise since that would hurt their quality control. It will just stay a regional restaurant to the southwest. There are plenty of great fast food places that stay regional, not everything is going to spread across the entire country.

Old 05-28-2012, 06:38 AM

3,438 posts, read 4,309,232 times
Roy Rogers is franchising and I wish they would return to the Carolinas. Much better roast beef than Arby's, as well as good burgers and famous fried chicken that Hardees once featured. Their last Carolinas location was in Greensboro. Currently rebranding with nice, clean restaurants and good quality food. And the freestanding locations are usually better than some of those travel plaza versions in the Northeast. Stopped at Virginia location a few weeks ago that was quite good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte