Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2012, 04:04 PM

19 posts, read 77,001 times

Advertisements

Trying to take a 2-day trip out to Charlotte, looking for some safe areas for hotels. According to Princeline, here's the areas:

Carowinds North - Arrowood
Charlotte - South Park
Charlotte Airport (CLT)
Concord - Kannapolis
Downtown Charlotte
Executive Park - Airport South
Fort Mill - Carowinds
Gastonia
Matthews
North Charlotte -Northlake
Pineville - Piper Glen - Ballantyne
Rock Hill, SC
University Area

What area would you recommend (and which ones should I AVOID) I try to grab a hotel at for good price and in a safe area?

THANKS in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 04:12 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,762,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm411 View Post
Trying to take a 2-day trip out to Charlotte, looking for some safe areas for hotels. According to Princeline, here's the areas:

Carowinds North - Arrowood
Charlotte - South Park
Charlotte Airport (CLT)
Concord - Kannapolis
Downtown Charlotte
Executive Park - Airport South
Fort Mill - Carowinds
Gastonia
Matthews
North Charlotte -Northlake
Pineville - Piper Glen - Ballantyne
Rock Hill, SC
University Area

What area would you recommend (and which ones should I AVOID) I try to grab a hotel at for good price and in a safe area?

THANKS in advance.
University area is probably my favorite. I've stayed at Hampton Inn in that area.

That said, Charlotte is big area wise. What part of town will you be visiting? Pineville should also be OK which is on the opposite side of town as University.

I would avoid Concord because of the traffic and Executive Park and any area that has "airport" in it. If you can afford to stay downtown then by all means that would be a ball. If you can't but are going to spend a lot of time downtown (we call it Uptown) then stay in Pineville and take the light rail in unless you have a ton of people which would negate the possible parking prices.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:26 PM

999 posts, read 4,652,384 times
What do you consider a good price? I got a very nice 4 star hotel in Uptown (downtown) Charlotte in the fall for $80 through priceline

Old 05-24-2012, 05:32 PM

199 posts, read 204,726 times
South park hands down if a reasonable rate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte