U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 02:31 PM

8,231 posts, read 11,583,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
Chrome, did you watch the video I posted? I'd be curious about your thoughts on what Rev Gaddy says about people taking one or two verses out of context?
No I didn't...there is no point in it. Look, no one is denying that what the guy said is un-Christlike and not how we are to act towards others. But when someone wants to use the argument of "cherry picking" the bible, I don't have time for that, they have no more credibility than the person they are speaking of. The bible says what it says, it is plain and simple and doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out....I didn't write the rules, I just do my best to follow them. Others have the guts to push the limits with God, I caution them on that. As someone said to me this past week, this life is temporary, eternity is forever...choose carefully.

Old 05-28-2012, 05:56 PM

3,914 posts, read 3,942,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
This type of thinking is the same as the new math the schools are teaching....none of it is logical and none of it adds up.
You insult the point without addressing the point. This is a sign you can't make a logical argument to the contrary.

Old 05-28-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
You insult the point without addressing the point. This is a sign you can't make a logical argument to the contrary.

I did address the point, your problem is I didn't give you want you wanted to hear (how about reading the entire post).....nor will I. Your thinking is wrong, homosexuality is certainly addressed in the bible. This has been hashed over and over, on a couple of threads.

Old 05-28-2012, 07:16 PM

1,928 posts, read 2,620,128 times
Quote:
What you do not have a grasp on, is that the word God is not about interpretation. He said what he said, he meant what he said and he at no time revoked it. The books of Levticus, Romans and Genesis (for starters) all dictate by God's words and laws on this matter, that it is wrong. No amount of fussing, stomping of feet or protesting or writing on a message board is going to change that. If you or anyone else feels so brave as to challenge God, then have it. Those that do will have to answer for that..no matter the sin.

And let me remind you...while you stand here and talk ugly of this preacher, which IS a sin by the way.....this same preacher rebukes the lifestyle while others you mention support it. BOTH need to get back to God's word and see what he says and remove the personal emotion from it. Afterall, this is all about human emotion and human preference/choice(s) and nothing to do with God. If it were about God, NONE of this would be happening.
the bible was written by man, need I say more?
interperted by man onto the written page?

what the pastor said and preached is wrong, no need to ignore and personally I don't think he should be left in peace to preach his hate,
don't care if it gives him press or not. one must speak up to silence the idiots.

lastly, Chromekitty , you are not the authority on my G-d , follow your own advice
and quit stomping, protesting on this board,fussing and writing . lead by example.

Old 05-28-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
the bible was written by man, need I say more?
interperted by man onto the written page?

what the pastor said and preached is wrong, no need to ignore and personally I don't think he should be left in peace to preach his hate,
don't care if it gives him press or not. one must speak up to silence the idiots.

lastly, Chromekitty , you are not the authority on my G-d , follow your own advice
and quit stomping, protesting on this board,fussing and writing . lead by example.

If you follow the things you have mentioned, then you are correct...I am not the authority on YOUR God, nor would I want
to be.

Further, we all have the privilege of posting here so you need to understand that I am not fussing, stomping etc.....just like
you, we post our opinions, beliefs, etc.... If you do not like mine, then by all means place me on ignore or scroll on.

If you don't like what the bible says, the laws that God has laid out, his words...his rules then by all means take it up with him, challenge him if you will...but choose your battles carefully. If you are a Christian, you already know all about that.

Old 05-28-2012, 07:44 PM

1,928 posts, read 2,620,128 times
Quote:
If you follow the things you have mentioned, then you are correct...I am not the authority on YOUR God, nor would I want
to be.

Further, we all have the privilege of posting here so you need to understand that I am not fussing, stomping etc.....just like
you, we post our opinions, beliefs, etc.... If you do not like mine, then by all means place me on ignore or scroll on.

If you don't like what the bible says, the laws that God has laid out, his words...his rules then by all means take it up with him, challenge him if you will...but choose your battles carefully. If you are a Christian, you already know all about that.
last comment on this matter,
you really speak with such authority , chromekitty , perhaps it might
be time for some quiet reflextion? so much innuendo in all your posting in regards to who might be on the " right" side of G-d. you are not the one to say or decide.

just because I might not agree or like your posting I see no reason to put you on ignore or scroll on, I want to read it all.

Old 05-28-2012, 08:53 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,129,488 times
Quote:
No I didn't...there is no point in it. Look, no one is denying that what the guy said is un-Christlike and not how we are to act towards others. But when someone wants to use the argument of "cherry picking" the bible, I don't have time for that, they have no more credibility than the person they are speaking of. The bible says what it says, it is plain and simple and doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out....I didn't write the rules, I just do my best to follow them. Others have the guts to push the limits with God, I caution them on that. As someone said to me this past week, this life is temporary, eternity is forever...choose carefully.
I find this interesting. I'm assuming, and I may be wrong -please forgive me if I am, that you have listened to the comments made by Worley; yet you refuse to listen to the words of Rev Gaddy who sees the Bible as a book filled with peaceful loving messages because his interpretation is different from yours (in that he states that people have taken the very few comments about lustful homosexual acts out of context and used them to discuss homosexual relationships.)

"when someone wants to use the argument of "cherry picking" the bible, I don't have time for that, they have no more credibility than the person they are speaking of." I'm sure you are a wonderful person but to be honest I am not too concerned with your opinion on my credibility. I guess I question the credibility of people who do cherry pick which sins from the Bible they feel they have the right to condemn, I see that as being hypocritical.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:13 PM

346 posts, read 549,040 times
Chromekitty, I commend you for being so bold and standing on the Word of God. Jesus himself gave the Biblical definition of marriage in the book of Matthew.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:14 PM

6,270 posts, read 9,995,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I just hope they find who it was that set fire to this church over the weekend. That was something on the news tonight.
This attempted church fire could have been an inside job. It would have:

a) made the gay/lesbian supporters look bad; something that members of the church wanted to do.
b) resulted in an insurance claim that would have saved a church that could possibly be losing its tax-exempt status.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:31 PM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,829,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
This attempted church fire could have been an inside job. It would have:

a) made the gay/lesbian supporters look bad; something that members of the church wanted to do.
b) resulted in an insurance claim that would have saved a church that could possibly be losing its tax-exempt status.
Well, if we knew who set the fire then we would know the answer to that, wouldn't we? There is no fire needed to make the people demonstrating against this church look bad. They do that on their own. I am shocked at the way the news station I watch the most has covered this story. They used to be a decent station. It will be a while before I go back to the channel cuddling the girl causing all the trouble. They belittled the fire and tried to encourage the few people demonstrating. I expect their rating to tank just like the other news people that do not respect family values. Some of us have had enough of this garbage.

I think you all need to realize that the people have voted and you lost.

Most insurance policies do not pay for riot damage.

I don't know who did the fire, but neither a or b apply in this situation.

Last edited by NCN; 05-28-2012 at 10:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or