Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 12:08 AM

2,186 posts, read 4,182,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rob123 View Post
Well first let me say that I really don't appreciate being called an idiot, but I'm sure that doesn't matter to you.

Here's the thing, North Carolina is being looked down upon by the entire nation as a state filled with bigots, first there was the ridiculous Amendment One vote, then there was the "crack your kids wrist" jackoff, now this guy. This guy, who by the way is breaking federal law by campaigning against the US President. I'm not a native of North Carolina and I'm sick and tired of apologizing for this state. It's embarassing.
You forgot the "shoot your spoiled kid's computer and put the video on You Tube" guy.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:03 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,584,100 times
Quote:
Well first let me say that I really don't appreciate being called an idiot, but I'm sure that doesn't matter to you.

Here's the thing, North Carolina is being looked down upon by the entire nation as a state filled with bigots, first there was the ridiculous Amendment One vote, then there was the "crack your kids wrist" jackoff, now this guy. This guy, who by the way is breaking federal law by campaigning against the US President. I'm not a native of North Carolina and I'm sick and tired of apologizing for this state. It's embarassing.
Really T Rob? If someone from outside the state made a comment about whats going on, I would realize that they are joking, or are seriously narrow minded.

There are wack jobs like this in every state, and guess what there is some no named nut sitting someone watching this loon get all this press. Its going to spur him to say something equally as stupid and hate filled, just to get press.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:12 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,033,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Howl View Post
The only reason this made it into the news is because of the recently passed amendment. I assure you this same type idiotic drivel is said across this wonderful nation daily.
I disagree. In other parts of the country, in particular up north, that kind of rhetoric would NOT be tolerated. Like my cousin, (the Teamster) says...the only place they can get away with stuff like that is in the South.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:18 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,584,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
I disagree. In other parts of the country, in particular up north, that kind of rhetoric would NOT be tolerated. Like my cousin, (the Teamster) says...the only place they can get away with stuff like that is in the South.
BS there is podunk towns up north with this going on. Don't forget those nutjobs from from kansas. They make this guy look sane almost. If you think this is just a southern thing you got your head in the sand.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:26 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,652,923 times
Quote:
Just wondering if anyone on here is planning to attend the rally against "Pastor" Charles Worley's Maiden, NC church this Sunday?

Also, I'm posting this here for everyone who didn't already know about it and wanted to make plans to be a part of this.

Whether you believe in equality or just don't believe that a supposed preacher should use his pulpit to preach his sick depraved fantasies about genocide, this is an opportunity to stand united in a PEACEFUL Protest against hatred.

Here is the facebook page for Catawba Valley Citizens Against Hate with all the info:
Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More
I have several friends who are going, I can't make it today. Thanks for posting.

I understand the POV of not giving him more publicity, of just ignoring him and letting it die down. However, I think it's important to take a visible stand against such vitriol, as silly as it might actually be. Not just to be counted on the side of justice, though that does have its own merits, but to show: We do not tolerate this hatred unopposed.

Worley is not worldly powerful, we needn't worry about his abhorrent ideas being carried out, but I do think, if Hitler were spreading his hateful screeds now, I would hope enough people would stand up against him that no ovens would ever be built. Let's shine the light where hate reigns, and show folks that there is another way to view things.

Maybe someone who goes to that church will see the protestors and a tiny opening toward love and tolerance will be made, a possibility will be seen where none was before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulosfm View Post
Let's face it, if idiots like this did not exist, many reporters in the news business would have to do a little work to report news that is worthy of attention. When nut jobs like the "pastor" get ramped up on You-Tube, it helps the TV news people fill air time -- and you what -- like with the National Enquirer -- people are going to respond and watch and read the print pieces. That leaves important stuff like insane Washington and Raleigh economic policies to spin in the wind.
In this day of nearly infinite news sources, it's quite possible to have "air time" taken up by folks like Worley AND still be connected with vital, policy-making news. They're no longer mutually exclusive. If one's news sources are just the mainstream outlets, then they're not that interested in the political realm anyway. People who care will find the information they seek.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:23 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,971,985 times
Quote:
Reverand Worley was educated in Chicago.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:39 AM

2,348 posts, read 3,463,022 times
Quote:
LOL Wow. Just wow.

Ignorance is bliss.

Old 05-27-2012, 01:45 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,513,951 times
Quote:

Of course they would, whether any of us and including your "teamster" cousin like it or not, we do have a little thing in this nation called The First Amendment, Free Speech.

People everywhere are going to say stupid and sometimes ignorant things, that is their right. Just as your "teamster" cousin says, that rhetoric would not be tolerated in the North, the truth of that is all of the idiotic comments that are said on the flip side the coin. Ignorance, hatefulness and stupidity abound all throughout this land.

These people who get all ticked over something another person says and then slam them for saying it, are just as wrong as the person that originally said it.

Sticks and stones and all that jazz, should come into play and a little growing up.

Old 05-27-2012, 02:35 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,324,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Of course they would, whether any of us and including your "teamster" cousin like it or not, we do have a little thing in this nation called The First Amendment, Free Speech.

People everywhere are going to say stupid and sometimes ignorant things, that is their right. Just as your "teamster" cousin says, that rhetoric would not be tolerated in the North, the truth of that is all of the idiotic comments that are said on the flip side the coin. Ignorance, hatefulness and stupidity abound all throughout this land.

These people who get all ticked over something another person says and then slam them for saying it, are just as wrong as the person that originally said it.

Sticks and stones and all that jazz, should come into play and a little growing up.
I guess what it boils down to is that you have to think about the times and the place that these things are being said. If some nutjob says something ridiculous in, say for example Washington State where they are so accepting and open minded that not only did their version of Amendment One get TRAMPLED in the election a few years ago but they are one of the states that has legalized gay marriage. If an ignorant fool were to talk about killing gays up there, he's looked at as a complete and utter jackass and he'll fade away with little to no thought.
Down here, not only do citizens not have the freedom to marry who they love (of course only if they are gay) but now they can't even have a civil union with their partner. So clearly many of the citizens here couldn't care less about civil liberties, equality or freedom. Now top that off with all of the crazy nut jobs, and by that I don't just mean this jackoff preacher but his mindless sheep who have been seen in interviews trying (failing) to defend him.
To be honest, the more this state continues to turn the blind eye to this sort of garbage, the more it continues to grow.

Old 05-27-2012, 04:20 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,513,951 times
Quote:
I guess what it boils down to is that you have to think about the times and the place that these things are being said. If some nutjob says something ridiculous in, say for example Washington State where they are so accepting and open minded that not only did their version of Amendment One get TRAMPLED in the election a few years ago but they are one of the states that has legalized gay marriage. If an ignorant fool were to talk about killing gays up there, he's looked at as a complete and utter jackass and he'll fade away with little to no thought.
Down here, not only do citizens not have the freedom to marry who they love (of course only if they are gay) but now they can't even have a civil union with their partner. So clearly many of the citizens here couldn't care less about civil liberties, equality or freedom. Now top that off with all of the crazy nut jobs, and by that I don't just mean this jackoff preacher but his mindless sheep who have been seen in interviews trying (failing) to defend him.
To be honest, the more this state continues to turn the blind eye to this sort of garbage, the more it continues to grow.

No, what it all boils down to is, this is the south...this is the bible belt. If people do not like the way things are done here it is simple.....go somewhere, where that type of behavior is accepted.

But remember, no matter where one is others have a right to their opinion and the freedom of speech and just because one does not agree with what another is saying, you can not shut them up.

But your post above only solidifies my previous point. I mean really, you want to talk about hatred? Pot meet kettle.

Last edited by sundrop; 05-27-2012 at 04:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte